Ch 59: Spying and laser tagging

Authors Note:

     Another update for my beautiful readers :)
I hope you enjoy the chapter, it's 5,000 words ! The book will be wrapping up soon, not sure but less than ten chapters. Anyways let me know what you think.
Vote.
Comment.
            - Allie :)

Damian :

"She's avoiding me like the plague " I groan out loud as I slump down on the couch,  five pairs of eyes falling on me.
  A week had passed since the incident in the haunted house and Ashley had been avoiding me, I'd only seen her twice this week . Of course having started a job a few weeks ago had limited my time with my children and her now. But after telling Ashley about my past, I had hoped things wouldn't be as awkward now.
"Might have something to do with you trying to mark her, dumbass ." Ash responded as he pulled back his pool stick hitting the white ball into the solid purple ball and into the corner net.
"Nice shot, babe." Bailey congratulated as Ash sent her a wink.
I groaned in disgust.
"You're disgusting to watch. Can't you see how I'm wallowing in my self pity, don't rub your happiness in my face."
     Lindsey rolled her eyes .
"Don't be over dramatic, it's not that bad. Dante already said she was jealous as hell of Rachel."
   That made me smile briefly before it turned into a scowl.
"Speaking of Dante where is he ? That stunt he pulled wasn't cool."
"Speak of the devil." Lance chuckled, just as Dante walked in.

       "That stunt as you said so, was just to let you all know I'm back with Peyton."
I scowled but didn't say anything.
I personally knew how hard it was to stay away from your mate, but then again my mate didn't plan the death of their friend.
   "No offense but you're stupid." Lance murmured as he aligned his pool stick to hit the white ball. "She tried to kill Ashley."
Dante punched his arm, making him hit the white ball into a corner and bouncing into the net.
"Hey !"
"That's what you get. Don't you think I already know that, it's taken a lot for me to get past that."
   Lance grumbled to himself as Ash readied for his next shot.
"Anyways let's change the subject, since it's obvious none of us agree with Dantes decisions to get back with the psycho mole. Ashley is avoiding me, what do I do ?" I groaned.
Dante sent me a seething glare before replying,
"Just give her time to calm down ."
"We're running out of time..." I sighed.
The room went deathly quiet.
   No one wanted to talk about the curse but it was on everyone's mind. I had to get Ashley to fall in love with me and leave Grayson. And it had to be done yesterday .
Time was running out. There were four and half months left before she became too weakened. Already I could tell the difference in her, she always had a jacket on as if she were cold. She looked a little pale and seemed to be getting thinner.

   "Look I know the deadline is getting near but we can't just push and push. Ashley needs to come to terms with her feelings. " Ash turned to me with a hard glare "You need to work your charm and make her fall again, what did you do the first time ?"
   "We're mates, were supposed to be attracted to each other. What I did then won't work now if she doesn't trust me."
"Well at least we know she can get jealous over you being with some girl." Dante pointed out.
"That's not enough." I ran my hand through my hair "I need her to trust me again. I want her to love me."
  "She obviously loves you, she just doesn't want to admit it. " Raven said glancing up from her phone "She just doesn't want to hurt Grayson."
   "Speaking of Grayson, did you see him when Ashley exited the haunted house. She reeked of you bro, and he noticed. He was in a sour mood the rest of the night."  Lance looked up briefly before hitting the white ball and tried to hit the striped red ball but ended up hitting the black ball into the net.
He cursed loudly as Ash whooped in excitement. Lance dug $50 out of his wallet and handed it over.
Oh I had noticed alright . I'd also noticed when he purposely kissed her in front of me. Thankfully I'd left with Rachel before I could see anything else.
It was already bad enough to walk up with his arms around her, and seeing how she cared for him when he got sick didn't help. She cared for him deeply and I didn't know just how I would make her fall in love with me when she clearly loved him too.
At this pace I've only managed to bring them closer than apart.
Nothing I did seemed to be working.