Chapter 19: Pledged Warrior

Ashley:
"Warrior." the whispered word like silk against my skin.

I stared into his blue orbs, shocked as the electric current continued to course where our hands met.
"Mistress." The husky word escaped his lips.

I watched as he bowed his head in respect, his shaggy brown hair falling in his eyes.

I could feel the eyes of everyone on us, but yet the only ones that seemed to matter at this moment belonged to the man in front of me.

Not man, boy. He seemed to only be a few years older than me.

He was a handsome man with bright blue eyes and side swept brown hair. He had a square jaw with a slight stubble, full pink lips and he appeared to be around 20.

A million thoughts coursed through my mind.

What was occuring here ?

My heart had momentarily stopped when I felt that shock, that could only mean that you had found your mate.

Yet that made no sense, Damian was my mate.

Unless this man was my second chance mate?

Pain flashed through me at the thought.

Although Damian had rejected me It still hurt me. All my life I had dreamed about my mate, only to be rejected. There was this little part of me that kept hoping that maybe, maybe one day he would come to his senses and mark me as his.

Before I had a second to ponder it that word was whispered.
"Warrior "

What exactly did that mean ?

I've heard of the strongest male wolves of the pack called the Warriors of the pack. That was just by name, I've never heard of a wolf being pledged a warrior by the moon goddess.

A heard someone clear their throat loudly and my eyes snapped to Uncle Ty's.
"Well...this is an unusual situation..."

I could feel everyone staring at us, watching us with curiosity in their eyes.

"Come with me Ashley and Dante."

As we neared his study I heard footsteps close behind and wasn't surprised to find my parents and Damian.

I assumed the Luna stayed to calm everyone down.

I could feel Damian's gaze burning holes in my back and was confused by it.

Why was he staring so intently at me? I thought he didn't care about me.

After all he was the one who had rejected me.

We entered Uncle Ty's study and I took a seat waiting for him to say something.

He took his sweet time settling in his big leather chair before turning his green eyes on me.

I couldn't take this silence any longer.

"Can you please explain to me what is happening Uncle Ty?" I asked exasperated.

His lips turned down at the corners as a thoughtful expression entered his face.

I could feel the curiosity coming off in waves from the blue eyed hunk, Dante.

"Yes, can you please explain this. In our studies I've never heard of this occuring." His voice was deep but at the same time mesmerizing.
"That's because this only happens once in a life time." My father, Chris, butted in leaning against the Alphas desk.

I smirked slightly as I saw the aggravation on Uncle Ty's face, just like my father and his father before him the Alpha desk was passed down.

Treasured.