Ch 58: The Strawberry Festival

Authors Note:
I apologize  for taking almost a month and a half for an update, I've been having writers block. As you know, I've been writing His Cursed Mate for quite some time and I want to wrap the story up soon.  So here you go, I hope you enjoy . I plan to wrap the story up in maybe 5+ chapters.

P.s. So as you know, I'm from Florida. And every end of February and beginning of March there is this carnival in town, the Strawberry Festival. I don't know if it's in Texas but either way I brought it to Texas.

P.P.S expect the next update in a week

Ashley:

"I feel like we hardly ever spend time together anymore." Raven said barging through the front door, as if she owned the place.
   I raised an eyebrow as I put pause on the movie I was watching, The Choice. I was a sucker for Nicholas Sparks movies and Raven had walked in just as it was getting good.
"By all means, come on in your highness." I said my voice heavily laced with sarcasm.
A huge grin lit her face as she plopped down beside me on the couch, her legs propped on my lap.
   "Now that's the spirit, your highness. I like the sound of that."
"I bet." I rolled my eyes staring pointedly at her feet but she chose to ignore it "Is there some point to this visit ?"
  "Yes there is!" She huffed dramatically turning angry blue eyes on me " We never spend anymore time together. You're always stuck up Graysons ass. "
   "I'm not stuck Graysons ass." I muttered.
"Oh really" she raised a nicely shaped eyebrow "Where were you last Saturday  ?"
   I felt a blush heat my cheeks. Saturday was Valentines Day and Grayson had taken me out on an all day date.
"Out."
"With Grayson?"
"Yes with Grayson." I conceited.

    "Exactly my point. You know sex is good, but too much of it can't be healthy. "
"We weren't having sex."
"Oh really ? Because I'm sure I saw his hands all over you in the car."
   My blush intensified.
"We were just making out a bit. Nothing else." I justified.
"Oh come on, you two go at it like rabid monkeys." She sighed "Give me some deets since I'm not getting any action."
   "And why is that ?" I asked, hoping to stray her from this uncomfortable conversation.
"My yoga instructor said that celibacy is good for the soul. So I am celibate for the next few months." She scowled deeply "Do you know how hard it is ? It's been two weeks and it's driving me crazy."
"Oh two weeks without sex, how horrible." I said sarcastically laughing at my sexually  frustrated friend. Our species was known to have a hearty sexual appetite, so I can imagine how difficult this must be for Raven.
  "You wouldn't know, you and Grayson have sex all the time."
I grabbed my remote and put play.
"I recommend this movie, it's really good."

  "Wait a minute." Raven grabbed the remote and put pause, her eyes staring at me suspiciously  "Why are you trying to change the subject, Is there something I should know ?"
  "No." I snatched the remote back and put play only to have it snatched out of my hand again.
"Yes there is, spill."
I sighed, knowing that Raven wouldn't drop the subject.
"Grayson and I haven't been intimate since Damians arrival."
She blinked her eyes slowly, a confused look on her face.
"Why not ?"
   I ran a hand through my hair, the same question running through my head for the last few weeks. Why was it that every time things began to get heated, I pushed Grayson away ?
"It's just half the time I'm at school and the other it's when Grayson takes me and the twins out. There's no time."

   "Uh huh." She said dubiously "If you wanted it badly you'll make time. Especially last week when every other couple was frolicking."
I scrunched my nose up at that word.
Frolicking, what an old fashioned word.
"Why didn't you just drag him into your room for some bow-chick-o-wow-wow."
  She thrust her hips and wiggled her eyebrows and I burst out laughing at how ridiculous she looked.
"That's disrespectful, especially with Damian around the majority of the time."
   "So what ? He knows you're dating Grayson."
"It just doesn't feel right." I sighed "It will be like rubbing it in his face."
"So you're gonna remain celibate until what ? He leaves ?"
    The thought of him leaving made my heart clench.
"Has he said anything about leaving ?"
Raven gave me an incredulous look.
"Are you kidding me. That boys spent the past month doing everything in his power to win you back your trust. He here for the long haul. You know he really loves you, he wants to make things up to you."
" So now you're on his side ?" I gritted out annoyed.
"Of course not. I'm just saying." She turned off the tv and threw the remote on the coffee table. "Anyways lets go."
"Where to ?"