Ch 48: Roller Blading

Authors Note:

Wow two updates in the same week, I'm on a roll ! Anyway I hope you enjoy the chapter. I've been staying up pretty late just going back and trying to perfect the chapter. I apologize if there are any grammar mistakes. Enjoy :)

Vote.

Comment.

- Allie

Ashley:

Bliss. If there was one word to describe how I felt at this exact moment. The cool sheets felt amazing against my bare skin. I couldn't help enjoying this moment a little longer. I could hear the birds chirping outside, singing there feathery little hearts out. I could feel the warmth of the sun where my blinds must have not been shut all the way.

Images of last night flickered through my mind, my smile only getting wider. We had made love last night.

My hand instinctively reached out beside me only to find the sheets cool to my touch. I frowned as I sat up and looked around. I listened for the sound of the shower running but it was silent.

I stood up from the bed, stretching. We had spent hours last night making love, I was tired but yet so full of energy.

Damian was probably downstairs eating breakfast, I told myself as I walked into my bathroom and turned on the shower. Once the water was to my liking I stepped in.

The warm water helped to soothe out the kinks and soreness in my muscles.

I remembered Damian walking in fully clothed last night, adamant on making me take a shower. I had gone on a drinking binge last night, trying to get back at him by kissing Aaron. Poor Aaron who Damian had punched out of jealousy.

After that one thing led to another and I seduced him.

I'm leaving

Damian had said that multiple times last night. But after last night he wouldn't leave. Would he ?

I showered quickly, this panic in me bubbling up every second that passed. I looked around, but sure enough all his things were gone.

I smelled bacon and pancakes as I walked down stairs into the kitchen.

Mom and dad were in the kitchen, music playing softly from the radio. I watched as dad grabbed moms hand and spun her around so she landed flat against his chest. He dipped his head and gave her a kiss.

"Get a room." I teased as I sat down on a bar stool. I loved my parents relationship, even after 18 years of marriage they were still as crazy for each other as they were back then.

Mom pulled away a faint blush on her cheeks as Dad sent me a reprimanding look.

"You're up late sweetheart." Mom said flipping a blue berry pancake.

"Late ? Its only-?" I was surprised to see the clock read 12:20 p.m "Oh wow, I didn't even realize it was that late."

"You stay out late ?" Dad raised a questioning eyebrow.

Something like that , I mumbled in my head trying not to blush. Instead I replied with,

"Yes. I'm just exhausted. I spent hours upon hours arguing with Lee to give me back reign for my own body."

I had spent hours trying to convince Lee that I was strong enough to protect myself, that I wasn't a weakling. That the only reason Peyton's mother had managed to abduct me was because I wasn't emotionally stable that night. But she was as stubborn as a mule.