58.

"Hello? Yes- yes I am already planning- yes Florence! I know it's in 5 months, I'll talk to you later- No, I haven't- ok, look, I really need to go I have a meeting- bye bye now" I say hanging up the phone as I walk down the hallway to the meeting room.

"Hey, sorry I'm a bit late" I said walking in.

"It's ok, we are just starting"

After the meeting was over I went back home. As I was about to pull in my driveway I saw a familiar car and an ambulance. My heart stoped. I was cold, and I could only think of the worse possibilities. I hit the brakes as hard as I could and I ran out of my car.

"Sebastian?! Mom?!" I yelled.

"Up here!" Sebastian yelled and looked down at me from the top of the stairs. The look he had on his face wasn't good. I ran up the stairs and I was met with my moms doctor, some paramedics and my moms nurse.

"Wha- what happened?"

"She's ok, but she's really scared..." Dr. Morrow said.

I took a deep breath and walked inside my moms room.

"Hey mama... are you ok?" I almost whispered.

"Y/N I'm not so sure anymore" she said.

"What do you mean mama?" I sat next to her on the bed.

"I'm really scared draga..."

"I know mama... I am too" I grabbed her hands.

"I think I want to do chemotherapy... what if it works?"

"But mama-"

"What if it works..." she said, making my heart break in a million pieces.

"Ok... rest now ok mama, you've been through a lot today" I said and she nodded.

I walked out of the room and once I closed the door I broke down crying. Trying not to be loud of course.

"What did she say?" The doctor asked and Seb walked over to me holding me into his arms.

"She wants to do chemo..." I say, in between sniffs.

"We talked about that, there's no way it would help... there's absolutely nothing we could do now... I'm sorry".

"I know, I know" I rubbed by eyes and took a deep breath.

"Can she still do it? I- I don't want her scared like this"

"Yeah... she could, but it would make her feel a little bit more sick... and look sick. Her hair will start to fall"

"Yeah, but it's her wish..."

"Let's do this, let her calm down, give her a few days and than we will revisit this topic, after I talk to her again. Is that something you would be interested in?"

"Yes, that's perfect" I wipe my tears from my cheeks.

"Ok, Isabella let's talk a bit" Dr. Morrow said.

The paramedics left and it was just me and Sebastian upstairs, in the hall.

"This is really scary" I said looking at him.

"I know... it's terrifying" he takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry you're going through this right now" he said pulling me in for a hug, kissing the top of my head. I closed my eyes and took in his scent, which always calmed me down.

~•~

After a few days we revisited the topic. Me, my mom, Seb and the doctor, sat down and talked about it. My mom still chose to go through with it.