Chapter 1

[Edited] I'm adding all the characters' names here at the beginning since some people get confused regarding the personalities:

1. Ares Elsher
2. Leah Carson
3. Thyra Elsher
4. Alfred Elsher
5. Clair Stewart
6. Adonis Stewart
7. Zion Burton
8. Della Marshall
9. Grayson Bates
10. Ezekiel Fletcher
11. Micheal Elsher
12. Navy Foster
13. Henry Carson
15. Martha Carson

__________________________________

Ares' POV

My fist collides with his jaw, and he stumbles and eventually falls on the floor. I'm panting, sweating, and so is he.

"Wonderful!"

I hear a compliment behind me and turn to see who said it. It's a man with a blue top, sky blue pants, a well-groomed beard, brown eyes, and fair skin."I wish your father could see what I see in you" He says in a rough voice, his hands behind his back.

"What do you see in me?" I ask and look at the boy who is trying his best to stand on his feet. I pull out a hand for him; he holds it and gets up."You did amazing" The boy whispers in my ear, yet I didn't smile. Instead, I pat his back, and he gets out of the ring, and so do I.

"Well, you're compelling, strong, fearless, and whatnot?" He says, handing me a water bottle. I take off my mitted training gloves and give them to him, taking the water bottle in return."Mr.Grayson, my father knows everything, and still, he is doing this all purposely"I say.

Mr Grayson is my coach and a very close friend of my father. My father hired him as my coach since I'll be the next mafia leader of Europe. And a leader has to be audacious, strong, and fearless, specifically when it comes to mafia leaders. But the truth is, I never wanted to be a leader. Why? Because I don't want to be a man who would unnecessarily go around and kill innocent people. I wouldn't say I like it. I want to live a typical life like others.

Well, maybe that's the reason why my father hates me. Because of him, I became ruthless; he never taught me how to be merciful toward people. No mercy, kill them. He never taught me how to reciprocate one's love. No love, replace your heart with stone. These are the rules made by my father for me.

"Why would he?" He asks.

"Because he hates me" I respond.

I drink water in one go and give it back to Mr Grayson. He lets a sigh escape his lips and lends me a towel with which I sweep away the sweat from my face."Whatever, have some rest now" He enunciates, in a low tone.

My father had arranged a room where I could practice and get trained. The room is quite enough for a person to concentrate on something. I stride out of the room while Mr Grayson stands still and doesn't even flinch. I held the knob to open it and walked out. As I closed the door and turned around, a servant appears before me.

"Sir, I wanted to let you know that your father is requesting your presence in his office" He says. "Why?" I ask, expecting that he might know the reason. But unfortunately, he shrugs like he doesn't know. I look around and then again at him.

"Fine, you can go now" I mutter and he walks away.

________________________________

I hear a laugh as I reach the living room door. An awful laugh. Which proves that my father isn't alone in the room. I hold the knob and slowly open the door.

Damn it!

I knew it was him. Adonis, wearing specs, a grey suit, a pyramidal moustache, and a creepy smile as he sees me. He is sitting on the couch and holding a cup of tea. I hate him. He is such a hoggish person. And what's worse? My father is his business partner. He helps him to export weapons from one country to another. And now he is after me; hundred times, he requested me to marry his daughter, but I used to refuse. I don't like her either. Anyway, I scoff and walk towards my father.