Chapter 33

I wince a little as Ares presses the ice bag against my wrist. Zion is leaning against the wall. Della is sitting on the chair and staring at my wrist. And Ares and I are sitting on the bed. A hush has fallen upon the room, not a single sound breaking through the stillness since we arrived back from the café. It's as if the very air is holding its breath, waiting for someone to break the silence. Ares still looks pissed off. 

"If I knew his real intention, then I would have indeed taken off his eyeball" Della speaks, breaking the silence. Ares' head snaps and he stares at me as if I'm the one who compelled Della to say something. "Why do you guys always have to choose violence as a solution for every problem?" I roll my eyes. "And Ares you literally broke his arm along with his fingers" I scold him. "So what did you expect me to do? Kiss his hand?" He says cheekily. I yank my hand away in sorrow. 

"Shut up! You already know that I don't like it at all" I glare at him. "And I don't like it when someone touches you" He argues. "You're being overprotective Ares, and I don't like it!" I yell in anger. In a brief moment, his emotions change drastically from a state of frustration to one of disillusionment. 

As he stands up and leaves my room, a heavy silence settles in. I realize I let my anger get the best of me and spoke harshly to Ares. I feel regretful about my actions.

"Uh...I better go and check him out" Zion says quickly and steps out of the room. Now it's just me and Della. I glance at her. Even she looks disappointed. "I didn't mean to..." I pause. "He did it for you, Leah. He cares about you and you..." She doesn't complete the sentence instead lets out a tiring sigh and then leaves the room. My whole day will ruin by just a sentence. I mean it wasn't just a sentence. The words I used were sharper than a knife. 

___________________________________________

Ares' POV : 

I look out of the window as I drink my whiskey thirstily. My eyes have become heavy because of excessive drinking. Yet, I pour another glass of whiskey for myself. Zion did come once to check me out but I compelled him to go away and let me live in the solitude. Now, I'm alone in the bar room, slouching on the couch and drinking in excessive amounts. 

I guess I was right. Leah does get irritated by my overprotective demeanor. But what I did to that guy wasn't protectiveness. He deserved it. He shouldn't have touched her like that. I don't understand why she is kind to everybody, even to those who don't deserve her kindness. I must admit that I am somewhat troubled by her personality traits. Every time people try to hurt her she doesn't care at all. Whyyyyyyy?????

I stare at the bottle of whiskey when someone calls out my name in a flirty way. I look up. I expected Leah but.........it's Clair. Standing right in front of me. I groan as I look away to avoid her. I didn't realize she had entered the room. Was I really that lost in my thoughts?

"What happened to my poor boy?" She asks as she sits on my lap and grabs my face forcing me to look at her. "What the hell are you doing here?" I glare at her. "To spend some time with my future husband" She mutters as she traces my lips with her fingers. 

"I...am...not...your...so...called...future...husband" I tell her. "You still love that girl even after what she said to you?" She scoffs. "How do you know what happened between us?" I ask. "I heard your conversations. Trust me Ares, she doesn't deserve you" She whispers in my ear. "And what made you think that you deserve me?" I roll my eyes disgustingly. "Just because I am upset does not necessarily mean that I have started to hate her" I tell Clair causing her to glare at me. 

"So you better go and live your life" I suggest to her. I know that she is trying to astray me. She is so fake and I hate her for that. "But you're my life Ares" She says making me cringe. 

Stupid. 

Suddenly, my gaze falls upon the adjacent door of the barroom. Leah is standing there, her eyes brimming with sorrow as she observes us. Now before I could make any move Clair brings her mouth up on mine sending an electric shock through my whole body. I glance at Leah. Her expressions are unreadable. I didn't even flinch until Leah leaves from there and disappeared from my eyesight. 

I push Clair away and rush out of the room to stop Leah. She has descended the stairs already and is now approaching her room. 

"Rose wait!" I yell, but she shuts the door in my face. 

"Open the door, Rose!" I hit the knuckles against the door making a loud noise. She doesn't respond back. "Please open the door and let me explain" I mutter as I pant and fall on my knees pressing my forehead against the door. "Rose" I utter weakly. Still, I don't get any response. 

"Rose open the door".

"Please". 

It's been three hours since I've been sitting at the door. Waiting for her to open it, and talk to me. Now I don't know who I am supposed to blame. Clair for kissing me in front of Leah? Or myself for letting Clair kiss me in front of Leah?

"Rose, beat the shit out of me but please for god sake open the door" I mutter to myself as I lean my head against the door and close my eyes. 

I open my eyes quickly as soon as I hear the unlocking of the door. I stand up on my feet and turn around to face Leah—her face plastered with an unimpressed look. She lets me in and then shuts the door behind her. I smile.

Now her unimpressed look turns into a glare as she turns around and approaches me. "I'm sorry" I mutter quickly. She fakes a smile and then throws her fist in the air, right into my face. I groan as I stumble but try to keep myself steady. 

"You let her kiss you!" She pouts and then punches me again in the face making me wince in pain. "Ouch!" I run my fingers on my lips to check if it is bleeding or not. "How could you?" She scowls as she grabs my collar and pulls me closer to her. "I didn't know that she was about to kiss me" I tell her yet she isn't satisfied with my answer. "I was thinking about you Rose when she entered the room and..." I stop as I take a deep breath. "She was convincing me to leave you but...I told her that I won't stop loving you..." I mutter. 

She stares into my eyes as her face softens. "Really?" She mutters. "I'm sorry for talking to you in such a hurtful way" She apologizes. "It's okay" I say and then flinch as my cheekbone starts to hurt. "I'm sorry" She giggles as she lays her fingers on my cheek. "Uh...I deserved it" I murmur making her laugh.

Finally, everything has become routine now.