Chapter 26

I hop out of the car, and so does Ares. We both stride into the house. Everyone has slept already, now it's just me and Ares. Before I could ascend the stairs Ares grabbed my wrist and pulled me. 

"Why do you look so worried?" He inquires. Now how am I supposed to tell him that I'd got a text from that psycho, Lewis? 

"Well......" I pause, not able to comprehend what kind of pretext I should make not to let him doubt me. I look around confusedly and then glance at him back, grabbing his face and then kissing him. "I'm tired..." I tell him as I break the kiss. "Oh..." He shakes his head. "Good night" I smile and then start to ascend the stairs. 

God, I hate myself every time I lie to him. I mean...why am I even scared to divulge the truth to him? Of course, it will hurt him. I feel as if I'm stabbing him in his back. He expects so much from me.

Ares was exemplary; not everyone deserves his kindness.

Now take me as an example. He expects that I won't break his heart, unlike others. And what scares me the most is, what if Ares left me after he came to know about Lewis? I don't think he will forgive me for lying to him. 

Will he?

I open the door of my room and stroll in. Today's day was optimistic and depressing simultaneously. I slip off my heels and change my clothes as quickly as I could. I put on a blue T-shirt and black leggings. I was about to crawl onto my bed when the phone I had kept on the nightstand suddenly rang. It's again that unknown number. I grab the phone and take a deep breath before answering the call.

"Hello?" I mutter.

"Hi buttercup, hopefully, you've recognized me right?" I knew it. It's him.

"What do you want Lewis?" I ask cheekily, I haven't forgiven him yet. And I don't think I'll ever in the future. I hate him and I always will.

"Oh dear, seems like you are still upset with me" He chortles. "You have no idea how much I miss you buttercup" He declares. "Of course, you'll. Since you loved to make me suffer by maltreating me, mentally abusing me, and whatnot right?" I tell him. "Baby you compelled me to do such things, otherwise I loved you more than anything" He expresses his false sentiments to me.

"Loved me more? I was fifteen Lewis......I was fucking fifteen when...when you raped me" Tears start to well up in my eyes and then roll down my cheeks. 

I still remember that day, I was going back home from school with my friends. We were walking on the street when he unexpectedly popped in front of us along with his boys. He was sixteen at that time. He held my wrist and compelled me to go with him. I shrieked, cried, and begged while my so-called friends left me there only due to fear. But I don't blame them for that since it was me who trusted them, without even thinking if they were trustworthy or not. Then Lewis took me with him, to his house. He dragged me to his room while I kept screaming for help. He ripped off my clothes, bit me, made me bleed, and choked me. I stayed all night at his house as he didn't let me go. I cried the whole night.

However, the other day I managed to flee from there. I had put on a shirt that I found in his wardrobe since my uniform was stained with blood. But the affliction wasn't over yet. As I entered my house I saw my father standing right in front of me. He looked pissed off. It was prominent as I hadn't returned home the last night. He even noticed the blood stain on my clothes which made him more dubious. He believed that I might have sex with someone which was not true. I tried my best to make him feel that his speculation was incorrect. But he didn't listen. Instead, he took me to the basement and then bet me with his belt. 

Those days were just awful.

"Why are you recalling all the past now? I have completely changed trust me" He lies. "But I don't want you" I sniffle as I wipe away my tears. "Why? Did you find someone better than me?" He scoffs. "Better? You can't even be compared to him, Lewis" I tell him, and he laughs as if I said a joke. "So my assumption was right. You gotta boyfriend huh?" He chuckles. "What's his name by the way?" He asks curiously. 

Well, I don't know why, but my conscience does not allow me to disclose Ares' name to him. "uhh......Stefan...his name is Stefan" I lie. "Oh, I see now tell me buttercup where are you gonna meet me tomorrow?" He asks. "Firstly stop calling me 'Buttercup' and secondly how can you be so confident to ask me for an outing despite everything you have done to me?" I scoff. "I can track your location" He says, now in a rigid voice. "Are you blackmailing me?" I raise my eyebrows. 

"No buttercup, if you can't come to meet me then why don't I come to your house, much better right?" He says in a teasing tone. "Shut up Lewis and don't you dare to call me again!"I scowl and hang up the call, tossing my phone back on the nightstand. I crawl onto the bed and lie on it, pulling the bedsheet up to my chest. 

okay so......HOW THE FUCK HE COME TO KNOW THAT I'M IN GERMANY?

What if he tried to track me? 

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

Fuck you, Lewis! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!

Oh, wait. Della, I need to tell her about this perhaps she can help me to sort out this problem. I quickly spring out of bed and amble out of my room. I quietly ascend the stairs since her room is on the second floor. I approach her room and slowly open the door. She's dozing, but I walk in anyway, shutting the door behind me.

"Della?" I whisper as I approach her. She doesn't respond so I shake her slightly. "Zion we already had sex a few hours ago; go back to your room" Della says in a drowsy way, making my eyes widen with shock. Now I wasn't prepared for that. "Della!" I shout causing her to jump. She turns on the lamp. "Jesus Christ Zion you!! Heyy uh...Leah what are you doing here at this time?" She asks curiously. "Sex between you and Zion seems to be a common thing huh?" I tease her, causing her to giggle. "Now if you're done with giggling can we come to the point?" I ask her hastily. "What is it?" She asks while giggling. "Della I need your help" I tell her. "What happened?" Her smile fades away. "Uh...look it might be a little difficult for you to understand but...a guy named Lewis is after me" I tell her as I sit on the bed facing her. 

"And I want to get rid of him" I add to the statement. "So what do you want me to do? Kick his ass?" She raises her eyebrows. "No, I just want you to give me some suggestions that how should I keep him out of Ares' sight?" I ask her. "First of all who is this Lewis and why do you want to keep him away from Ares' sight?" She grimaces.  I explained to her everything about the past and present circumstances, which made her jaw drop. "Goddamn Leah, if Ares came to know about this then Lewis will have to face torments till his death" She says. "That's what I don't want to happen" I tell her. "Umm...why don't you ask Ares to take you somewhere out?" She says. "Della, he's in Germany" I remind her.  

"So what? He doesn't know where you reside right? Just hide your via location or...switch to different browsers...it's quite easy" She suggests. 

"Thanks, Della I love you so much!" I grin and hug her tightly.