Chapter 27

I'll ask Ares to take me to this new public library, which is not too far. I mean,......close enough to cover the distance on foot. 

I open the door of his training room and stride in. I came here because one of the maids told me I'd find him here only in the early morning, and there he is. Punching the bag, his hands are covered with mitted gloves. And damn...he's wearing white sweatpants and a grey upper. I take a few steps forward; he glances at me and stops beating the bag at that very moment. 

Okay, so why is he looking so fucking hot while staring at me like that. The strands of hair hanging over his eyes makes him look a hundred times more hotter. Sometimes I think about how lucky I'm to have a hot mafia man wrapped around my fingers.

"I think this much training is sufficient for today" I smile as I approach him. "As you say, my queen" He mutters, wrapping his hands around my waist. "Why did you wake up so early? It's still 7 am" He asks, stroking my hair. "Couldn't I?" I question back while playing with the zip of his upper. "I thought you must be exhausted from the last night" He tells me. "Well, not anymore" I smile as I scrunch my nose, like a baby. He let out a giggle. 

"You know what?" He whispers. 

"What?" I whisper back.

"You're looking hot in this black spaghetti" He mutters, pulling me closer. "And this multi-strand silver necklace looks good on you" He tells me as he runs his fingers on my collarbone. "But my hand wrapped around your throat will look better" He smirks as he lifts my chin and commences to trace my throat with his index finger. "You want to do this here?" I gasp. He doesn't respond to my question but runs his fingers through my hair. He kisses my jawline while slipping his other hand beneath my spaghetti. 

Before he could go any further, someone murmured the words 'Jesus Christ!". I instantly push Ares away from me and turn around. Damn, it...it's Mr Grayson. His eyes are dilated. Please don't tell me he saw everything!

Nobody utters a word. Even Ares is shocked.

"If you guys are not done yet, I can leave then, no issue" He says, pointing his finger toward the door. "When did you enter the room?" Ares asks. "When you were about to kiss her jawline" He says in such a manner as if he didn't want to say it.

Fuck.

"Okay" Ares utters, pursing his lips regretfully. I told him this wasn't the perfect place to do such things. 

"So.......Why are you here?" Ares asks Mr Grayson nervously. "Well, Ares, I have something to tell you, so would you please come out for a minute?" Mr Grayson asks. 

I glance at both of them and finally dare to speak. "No, I mean...I gotta go now......my real intention was to ask Ares if he could take me to this new public library, will you Ares?" I glance at him questioningly. "Oh...yeah sure!" He grins. "So......I'll be waiting for you in the garden" I tell him, and he shakes his head.

I was so deeply in love when he kissed me that I forgot what I came here for. If only Mr Grayson wouldn't have interrupted. Not only Ares but even I would have lost control and crossed my limits. 

As I leave the room, I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. Trust me. I'm still getting butterflies in my stomach. 

The thought of Lewis again hits my mind like a hammer. I won't be satisfied until and unless Lewis is here. I mean...I don't care wherever he is. I don't want him to face Ares, no matter what. I did precisely what Della told me to do. I switched to a different browser and even downloaded a VPN on my phone to prevent tracking. That's all I can do for now. 

I stride out of the house and enter the garden, waiting for Ares to arrive. I watch the gardeners showering water on the plants. I smile, but it fades away instantly as soon as I see Clair and Ezekiel in the garden. Ezekiel says something to Clair, causing her to burst into laughter. I thought he was only a good friend of Micheal, but now it seems like he is a good friend of Clair too. Nevertheless, who cares.

I was about to look away when Clair caught me staring at them. She glares at me. I gasp and turn around in order to avoid her when Ares pops up in front of me. 

"Hey, sorry for making you wait" He apologizes. And I notice he has changed his clothes, wearing a stand collar leather jacket and black jeans. "It's okay, now let's go" I laugh nervously and hold his hand. We both leave.

"We'll go on foot" I tell him. Our arms intertwined. "What! I thought the library might be far" He says, making me giggle. "No, it isn't" I squeeze his arm. 

One of the guards opens the door for us, and we both walk out. 

"So, who informed you about this new library?" Ares enquires. "Della, she said it's tremendous and...I should go there" I lie. "Has she ever visited that library herself?" He chuckles. "of course, what type of question was that?" I roll my eyes, causing Ares to laugh. "Look, she loves to make people fool, okay? So you better be aware of her" He says jokingly. "So you mean she lied to me about that library?" I pout. "Perhaps, I don't trust her since she tried to make me a fool once but unfortunately failed" Ares says. "I don't get fooled easily, Rose, and you know that" Ares says proudly.

Should I tell him that he is being fooled? By me? Actually, I'm not making him a fool  There's a huge difference between lying to someone and making a fool of someone.

Anyway, whatever I'm doing is for his good. Ho ever, sometimes I feel as if I'm saving Lewis from Ares. Because even if they got into a fight,, Ares would win effortlessly over Lewis.  f course, he's way more robust than Lewis.

_____________________________

We finally reached the library, and as I said before, it looked tremendous, and I expected it to be the same from the inside. I slowly open the door and walk in. Ares follows me—wooden ceiling and as well as wallpaper. Few people are present here. Shelves are decorated with flashes of lightning and blossoms. This place is incredibly designed.

I glance at Ares, and he l ks too stunned to speak. "So, what were you saying a while ago?" I smirk at him teasingly. "Darling, I was talking about Della, not the library" He says. I giggle. "I swear" He says, convincing me to believe him. "Okay okay" I laugh. "Now will you let me go and read?" I ask as I giggle. "Yeah of course, that's why I brought you here" He mutters, making me smile wide. 

I take a step forward when suddenly Ares' phone rings. I glance back at him. 

"Um...it's from one of my managers you can go and have fun" He tells me with a slight smile. I smile back and then turn my attention toward the book shelves while he walks out of the exit door to attend the call.

I approach one of the shelves and run my fingers on the books placed on it. I take one of the books and flip through it. It has been merely few minutes since I stepped into this library and I am already in love with it. 

I was about to put the book back into it's shelf when I heard a familiar voice calling out my name. I stopped breathing for a while and turn around to see who it was.

Goddamn, it! Lewis.