Chapter 40

Leah's POV :

The night sky stretches out above, a mesmerizing canvas adorned with countless twinkling stars. I can't help but feel a deep connection to the universe as I gaze upward from my terrace, lost in my thoughts.

At that moment, I can't shake the feeling that the stars hold secrets, and stories untold. Each flickering light seems to represent a life, a journey, a unique perspective. I wonder about the people out there, looking up at the same sky, contemplating their place in the vastness of it all. Did they feel the same sense of wonder and insignificance? As I compare myself to the stars, a mix of emotions wash over me. I marvel at their brilliance, their unwavering presence. They seem to possess a certain kind of wisdom as if they hold the answers to the questions that tugged at my soul. Yet, they also remind me of my own smallness, my transient existence on this tiny speck called Earth.

I can't help but compare myself to those around me as well. Each person I know have their own dreams, ambitions, and struggles. Just like the stars, they were on their own unique paths. Some burned brightly, capturing attention and admiration, while others shone more subtly, quietly radiating their own kind of beauty. 

In the grand scheme of things, I question my significance. Did my dreams and aspirations matter in the vastness of the universe? Did my struggles and triumphs hold any weight compared to the cosmic forces at play? It is easy to feel insignificant, but in that same breath, I realize the immense power of my own perspective. My gaze shifted from the stars to my hands, studying the intricate lines etched into my palms. I realize that within myself, a universe exists—a universe of thoughts, emotions, and experiences. I am a microcosm of the cosmos, containing within myself the potential for growth, connection, and change.

And just as each star has its own unique radiance, I have my own light to share with the world. I may not illuminate the entire sky, but I can make a difference, however small, in the lives I touch. In my relationships, my passions, and my actions, I can create ripples that extend far beyond my immediate surroundings.

I take a deep breath and walk back into my room. I glance at the clock, it's 10 pm and Ares hasn't returned yet from the meeting. But I do continue to text him. I glance at the door as it swing opens and a servant enters inside.

"Sorry for any kind of botheration but Mr Ares is calling you downstairs in the garden" He informs me.

 Excitement surges through my veins, and I can't help but break into a wide smile. He's finally here. But why did he call me downstairs? Anyway.

"Okay, thanks for informing me" I grin at him and he leaves the room. 

Since it's a little cold outside I wear a pink upper on my spaghetti and walk out of the room. I descend the stairs real quick and walk out of the house approaching the garden.

As soon as I step inside the garden I see no one. Not even Ares.

 Confusion knits my brows together, and a subtle unease starts to stir within me. 

"Ares?" I call out his name but my voice echoes back to me, unanswered.

A soft breeze rustles the leaves as if whispering secrets that I can't decipher. The tranquillity of the garden feels tainted by an unspoken heaviness. I turn to retrace my steps when I hear a familiar voice, dripping with venom, slice through the air behind me.

"Leah" The voice sneers, sending a shiver down my spine.

 My heart skips a beat, and an icy grip of fear seizes me. Slowly, I turn around, my eyes widening in shock and disbelief. Standing before my abusive father, his face contorted with anger and malice.

Fear coils around me, tightening its grip with every passing second. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, my breath becoming shallow and rapid. The garden, once a place of solace, transforms into a haunting reminder of my deepest scars. My body trembles involuntarily as my father takes a step closer, his eyes burning with cruel intensity.

"You..." He growls. I take a step back as tears start to fill in my eyes. I didn't know that he was still in Germany, I thought he left for Denmark.

Before I can even try to run he pulls me back by grabbing my hair. I wince in pain. I claw at his hands as he forces me to look in his evil eyes. "How the fuck could you do this to me?" He scowls angrily. "I'm sorry" I sob as tears stream down my cheeks. "Shut the fuck up girl!" He snarls in my face while tightening his grip on my hair. 

"Now listen, you pathetic girl you're coming with me right now to my house and in a few days we will leave for Denmark" He says angrily. 

"And this time your boyfriend won't be able to save you" He smiles evilly.

"Father no please" I beg him and at the same time struggle to free myself from his clutches.

"Wonder why I never wanted a daughter?" He scowls.

"Father I..." Before I can even finish my sentence my father quickly covers my nose with a cloth which is scented by chloroform.

______________________________________________

My eyes flutter open. My surroundings are a blur as I struggle to make sense of my situation. I find myself lying in the back seat of a moving car, my body feeling weak and disoriented. The scent of chloroform lingers in my nostrils, confirming my suspicion that I had been rendered unconscious.

I want to make moves but I can't. I feel as if I have been paralyzed. I hear nothing but a pin-drop silence. 

The car stops. My father hops out of the car and opens the door for me. He peeks inside with an evil smile plastered on his face. 

"Welcome home daughter" he says in a cheeky way as he grabs my arm and pulls me out of the car, I gasp. The gate is right in front of me and the house looks creepy.

He drags me inside and takes me to the backyard of his house, I assume he is taking me to his basement. I was right. 

He pushes the door of the basement and pushes me inside. I fall on the floor while he switches on the lights and shuts the door behind him. I grab my elbow because it hurt badly. I struggle to stand on my feet and keep myself steady. But as soon as I turn around, my father pops up in front of me and wraps his fingers around my throat pinning me to the wall.

"Your mother was a coward and so are you!" he yells in my face while I claw at his hands and gasp for air. 

"The day you two left me alone I pledged to myself that I won't take rest until I find you and your mother and kill both of you" He growls as he squeezes my throat tighter. 

"Stupid girl" He says as he finally releases me from his clutches. I cough uncontrollably as I place my hand on the wooden desk next to me to keep myself steady. He walks out of the basement and slams the door shut making me flinch. 

My hands and my legs are still shivering due to fear. I fell to my knees and burst into tears.

_____________________________

2 chapters in one day....enjoy!!!!!!!!!