Chapter 31

"Ares, how do I look in this outfit?" Leah asks eagerly, grabbing my attention and pulling me away from the book I'm reading. My jaw drops. She's wearing a red check shirt with folded sleeves, blue jeans, and a black choker around her neck. Her long, wavey ginger hair was tied in a pony tale.

So basically, Leah is feeling much better than yesterday. And now I'm taking her to a cafe. But we are not going alone. Zion and Della are coming with us too. Actually, Leah wants the four of us to spend time together. It isn't a bad idea, though.

"Te ves caliente como la mierda (You look hot as fuck)" I smirk. 

She stared confusedly as she didn't understand the meaning of the words I used. "Now what does that mean?" She raises her eyebrows at me. "Uh.....you look good" I lie. She shakes her head in disbelief. "So what you just said was in Greek?" She asks while approaching the dressing table. "No...it's Spanish darling" I tell her as I toss the book on the nightstand. "How many languages do you know?" She asks curiously while applying sunscreen to her face. 'In addition to English, I am proficient in speaking 15 other languages fluently" I tell her proudly. She turns around in surprise. 

"Really?" Her eyes widen, and I shake my head. 

"Cool" She mutters again turning to the mirror.

I blink twice and then instantly get off the bed. I approach Leah. She stares at my reflection in the mirror. "Ares, what do you like the most in me?" She asks as she places the sunscreen on the dressing table before her. I don't say anything instead I run my fingers around her waist and pull her. Her back hits my chest. 

"Every square inch of your body" I whisper in her ear while resting my chin on her shoulder. Her cheeks turn slightly red. She blushes.

She turns around, facing me. "Zion and Della must be waiting for us" She mutters, and I roll my eyes in disdain. "Okay" I utter, and she pecks my lips. I let out a sigh and grabbed my black zipper cotton jacket, wearing it on my black T-shirt. We both leave the room and ascend the stairs together.

"Did you take your medicine in the morning?" I ask as I pull my sleeves up. "Yes" She responds quickly. The moment we both reach the ground floor my gaze falls on Zion and Della who are waiting for us at the exit door. "Let's go, guys!" I yell. Della smiles wider due to excitement. She is wearing a sea-green top with black jeans while Zion is wearing a dark blue baggy jumper and blue pants. It's funny how much he resembles my younger brother, even though we're the same age. Leah is one year younger than me. Yes, I'm nineteen, and she is seventeen. She is around the same age as Della. It sounds weird, but it's true.

Anyway, we all leave the house and approach the Bentley Flying Spur, one of my favourite cars. I sit in the driver's seat, and Zion sits beside me. Della and Leah sit in the back seat. Honestly, I wanted Leah to sit beside me but.......nevertheless, I'm okay with Zion too. 

I drive off to the cafe.

I overhear Leah and Della complimenting each other's clothing choices. Well, now they have become really good friends. And I'm happy about it. Because as far as I know Della, she's reliable, sympathetic, sweet, and sometimes a bitch. A real badass bitch. But I know that she will always remain kind to Leah.

"Ares, but you need to accept the fact that we both got the hottest girls we ever wanted" He smirks at me. "You mean I love Leah because of her beauty?" I grimace at him. "No...I mean a beautiful woman. Isn't that what every guy wants in his girl?" He purses his lips. "That's the problem with nowadays guys Zion, they always favor a perfect body over a perfect soul. And my love for Leah was never physical, it was spiritual and still is" I tell him. "Well, you're right?" He sighs. I glance at him, and so does he. 

"But still our girls are hotter compared to other girls" He smirks. 

"You're such a dumbass" I roll my eyes and focus on the road while Zion lets out a chuckle. "Can we join the conversation too?" Della asks. "Zion said that he loves you only because you're beautiful" I tell her as I look in the rearview mirror to see her reaction. Her face is unreadable. "What? I never said that!" Zion flinches as he smacks my arm. "He's lying" He frowns and then stubbornly leans in the seat, folding his arms over his chest. 

"Aww my baby got upset" Della pulls his cheek playfully making me slightly cringe. "Ares" Leah calls out my name in a scolding way. "Now what did I do?" I chuckle. "My turn, Leah did Ares tell you that he once had sex with Clair?" He stares at me. "What! I was drunk that time if you remember Burton!" I scowl at him. 

"And yes she forced herself up on me" I roll my eyes. "And that's when I started hating her" I Glare at Zion. "So you mean you...you loved her once?" Leah mutters sadly. "No Rose, you're my first true love and surely the last" I assure her, then throw a death stare at Zion. He raises his one eyebrow in a teasing way. 

Damn you Zion. 

________________________

We reach the cafe within thirty minutes. I park the car, and we all hop out of the car at once. The place is crowded yet tolerable. Suddenly I feel hands wrapping around my arm. I glance at Leah. Yes, it's her hands. She glances back and smiles. 

Gosh, I love her dimple smile so much.

"Umm......don't people recognize you as you belong to a mafia family?" She asks curiously. "Well, they haven't seen me they just know my name" I shrug. "So if you tell them your name they'll recognize you right?" She questions again. "I don't disclose my real name to anyone, and even if someone asks I tell them my fake ID like...Joseph, James, Crew, and many other fake names" I tell her. "Because it'll create an issue for me if I reveal my real ID" I smile. "And not only me but every mafia man or woman has to conceal his or her real identity" I tell her.

She shakes her head impressively. "Now let's go" Della pops up.

We all stride into the cafe and approach the counter. I look around, and the cafe manager appears in front of me. "Oh my god, sir! It's really good to see you again in my cafe!" He wrings his hands. "Why is he acting as if he knows you very well?" Leah raises her brows suspiciously. "Because he does know me" I glance at her. "But you just told me that--Yes yes I know but...his son works in one of my father's mafia agencies so..." I mutter as I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Landon! Arrange a special seating for them" He yells at one of his workers. "No need for that we'll manage to sit anywhere" Leah says quickly and glances at me. Before I could say something my phone rang in my jeans pocket. "Uh...just do what she says" I command the manager before I take the phone out of my pocket and exit the cafe so that I can talk conveniently to the person on the phone call.