Chapter 29

I shared with Della the unforeseen incident that took place at the library. She is shocked and confused simultaneously. "So now Ares is upset with you?" She asks, still perplexed. "I don't know" I mutter as I play with the blanket. "Della?" I glance at her. "I am concerned about the potential consequences if Ares were to develop negative feelings towards me. I wonder how this would affect our relationship and interactions in the future" I mutter. "Negative feelings? Towards you? Don't prate Leah...he feels suffocated when you ain't around him, trust me" She chuckles. I believe her words despite still feeling scared, and I don't know why. 

"I think you should try to talk to him" She suggests. "I already did" I tell her. "Try again" She says. "He truly loves you, Leah" She tells me. "Okay" I sigh. "Go and talk to him. He's in his room" She tells me. I shake my head my get off my bed.

_________________________________

Ares' POV: 

Why do I feel as if I shouldn't have talked to Leah like that? That wasn't nice. I mean...Although I was angry, it does not mean I had developed any hatred towards her. Actually, I can't even think of hating her. I just can't. Feeling frustrated, I rub my forehead and lean against the headboard. Just then, a knock on my room's door interrupts my thoughts.

"Ares?" 

It's Leah. The gentle and calming tone of her voice made a profound impact on me. I rise from my bed, approach the door and open it. She's standing right before me, staring with her big brown eyes. She leans her head against the doorframe. "Are you still angry with me?" She questions. "No" I rub my neck and then hold her wrist, pulling her into my room. Then shut the door. 

"Actually, I want to say that I'm sorry. I fear that I may have spoken to you in a hurtful manner that could have caused you emotional pain" I tell her, stroking her cheek. "It's totally fine, Ares" She mutters with a slight smile on her face. "At least you're not angry anymore" She says causing me to smile. 

It's no surprise that I have such strong affection for her. However, I still hate myself for talking to her so crudely. 

Hold on, why does she appear to be unwell with a pale complexion?

"Rose, you okay?" I frown. "Yeah...just have a headache" She tells me. "Well, the headache does not cause pale skin sweetheart. Um...let me get a thermometer; wait a second" I mutter as I make her sit on my bed and then approach the chest of drawers present in my room. I searched within them for a thermometer and was able to locate it within ten seconds. Then I again approach Leah. But before shoving it into her mouth I clean it with lukewarm soapy water, rinse it with cool water, and then dry it with a clean cloth.

After patiently waiting for four minutes, I gently remove the thermometer from her mouth and check the temperature. My eyes widen. It's freaking 105 degrees. "What is it showing?" Leah asks. "105 degrees" I glance at her with an unimpressed look on my face. "We're going to the hospital...now!!" I tell her as I grab her wrist. "Ares I'll be fine" She assures me. I frown. "Are you coming or do you want me to throw you over my shoulder?" I raise my eyebrows. 

"Okay, I'll come" she says, rolling her eyes as she gets up from the bed. I wish she had chosen the second option. "Let's go" I mutter, and we both walk out of the room, go down the stairs, and leave the house. 

I open the car door for Leah, and she takes a seat inside. I sit in the driver's seat and drive the car myself. 

I am curious if my tendency toward being overly protective bothers Leah or not. I take great care to ensure her safety and well-being in all conceivable ways. My utmost priority is to protect her from any potential harm or danger that may arise. And after all, she is mine. So, it is my solemn duty to ensure that she is protected and cared for at all times. She is under my watchful eye, and I take this responsibility with utmost seriousness and dedication.

We arrive at the hospital in just fifteen minutes. I hop out of the car, and so does Leah. We stroll inside the hospital.

_______________________________

The doctor places the stethoscope against Leah's chest. I don't know why I'm feeling jealous, just because that goddamn doctor has put his other hand on her shoulder. I mean...WHY THE HELL HE NEEDS TO TOUCH HER LIKE THAT?!! 

Then he puts the stethoscope down and grabs her face to examine her properly. At this point, I lost control. "Will stop touching my woman like that?" I raise my voice as I glare at him. I fold my arms up to my chest. They both glance at me in bafflement. "Uh...who is this dear?" The doctor glances at Leah questioningly. "Uh...He-- I'm her present boyfriend and future husband" I interrupt. He's older than both of us, his age might range from thirty to thirty-five. But still, I don't like the way he is touching my girl.

"Oh I see, it is truly a blessing to have a significant boyfriend who holds such deep affection for you and places great importance on your relationship. You are indeed fortunate to have found such a caring and devoted partner' The doctor chuckles. Okay, so why is he praising me so much? I thought he would get pissed off, but he didn't. This doctor is unnatural. 

"Here I'll prescribe some medicines. Have them, and you'll be fine" The doctor smiles at her and then writes something on the prescription. "Thank you" Leah grins, taking the prescription from the doctor. 

Now, I deeply regret not choosing the science stream. So that I could treat Leah myself. Anyway, we both exit the examination room. 

"That was rude" Leah glares at me. "No Rose, did you see how he touched you?" I roll my eyes. "Ares, he is a doctor" She says. "But he did not behave in a manner that is expected from a doctor" I glance at her. "He should be grateful that I didn't kick his ass" I chuckle. "You're being overprotective Ares" She says. "I'm not I just get aggravated when someone lays hands on you" I tell her. 

As we exited the hospital, we made our way toward the parking lot where I had parked my vehicle. Leah maintains her silence until we finally arrive at our vehicle. She takes her place inside and so do I. Before could I start the car, she hold my hand in hers. "It doesn't matter who touches me Ares, I'm all yours either way" She mutters. I blink twice and then lean in, pressing my lips against hers and stroking her hair. 

She smiles as we break the kiss. I look forward and then start my car.