Chapter 52

Ares' POV :

Sitting in the garden, a sense of tranquillity enveloped me as I sip my coffee and gaze up at the sky. The sun's warm embrace mixes with the gentle breeze, creating a perfect moment of stillness and reflection. It is as if the world around me has slowed down, allowing me to fully appreciate the beauty of the present.

But even as I admire the serene surroundings, my mind drifts back to the image of Leah in the gown I bought for her. The memory of her spinning, the delicate lace shimmering in the light, has etched itself into my thoughts. She had looked like a vision—an embodiment of grace and elegance. 

I take another sip of my coffee, its rich aroma mingling with the scent of blooming flowers. As I lean back in the chair, I close my eyes for a moment, allowing myself to relive the moment when she had stepped out of the dressing room, her presence stealing the breath from my lungs. Her vibrant ginger hair falls over her shoulders like a fiery waterfall, a stunning contrast against the midnight blue of the gown. Those dimples that appear on her cheeks when she smiles hold a charm that is uniquely hers, capable of brightening even the darkest of days.

And her laughter, like a melody that dances through the air, is a testament to the joy she brought into my life. It is a sound that resonates deep within me, a reminder of the moments we have shared and the connection we have forged.

But perhaps it is her eyes—those dark brown orbs that hold a depth of emotion and wisdom—that captivate me the most. They are windows to her soul, revealing the layers of her personality, her strength, and her vulnerability. Every glance, every spark of mischief or determination, spoke volumes about the woman she was becoming.

As I open my eyes and take in the lush greenery around me, I can't help but smile. Leah is a force of nature in her own right, a vibrant presence that adds colour and depth to every moment we spend together.

With a contented sigh, I set down my coffee cup and lean back, letting the sun's rays warm my skin when suddenly Zion pops up and sits on the chair next to me.

I turn to glance at him, a small smile playing at the corners of my lips as I acknowledge his presence.

Zion's eyes meet mine briefly before he, too, turns his gaze to the sky. We share a moment of comfortable silence, the sounds of nature serving as a soothing backdrop to our thoughts.

"So, Ares" He speaks up, a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Where's the love of your life?".

I chuckle softly. "She's with Della, helping her to choose an outfit for the wedding" I say.

He arches an eyebrow, a knowing smile tugging at his lips. "So, what about the surprise you were about to give her?".

"I did and after that she went with Della" I tell him. 

"Did she like the gowns you bought for her?".

"She loved them".

Zion's lingering gaze didn't go unnoticed, and I can sense that he is brewing something in his mind. I raise an eyebrow, a curious smile playing on my lips. "What's on your mind, Zion?".

He looks at me, a playful glint in his eyes. "Oh, nothing much, just contemplating the mysteries of life".

I chuckle, rolling my eyes slightly. "You and your philosophical musings. Come on, spill it".

Zion leans back in his chair, his expression taking on a more thoughtful tone. "Well, Ares, you know how life is short and unpredictable, right?".

I nod, my curiosity growing. "Of course. We should make the most of every moment".

He nods in agreement. "Exactly. And sometimes, when you find someone who brings light into your life, someone who makes you a better person, well... isn't it worth considering the next steps?".

I feel a knot of realization forming in my stomach, but I decide to play along. "You're talking about relationships, I assume?".

His grin widens. "Bingo. Relationships, commitments, the whole shebang".

I smile at his persistence. "And what's your point?".

He leans forward slightly, his gaze intent on mine. "My point is, when are you going to pop the big question?".

I blinked, momentarily caught off guard. "The big question?".

His eyes twinkle with mischief. "You know, the question that involves a ring, a heartfelt confession, and a lifetime commitment?".

I chuckle nervously, realizing where this conversation is headed. "Uh...What are you talking...about Zion?" I swallow hard.

"Don't act like you don't know" He stares with an unimpressed look on his face.

"Zion" I mutter.

"When are you going to propose Leah?" He finally asks, a hint of curiosity in his tone.

I take a deep breath, my mind racing as I considered his words. Leah is undoubtedly someone who has brought immense joy and positivity into my life. She is my confidante, my partner in adventure, and someone who has gradually become an integral part of my heart.

But.........

I take a deep breath, my heart pounding as I gather the courage to share my decision with Zion. "Actually, Zion, I've already made up my mind".

His eyes widen in surprise, his playful expression shifting to one of genuine astonishment. "Wait, seriously? You've decided?".

I nod, a mixture of excitement and nervousness coursing through me. "Yes, I have. I'm going to propose to Leah".

He leans forward, his eyes searching mine as if trying to gauge the sincerity of my words.  "That's... that's huge. When are you planning to do it?".

His eyebrows shot up, his curiosity piqued. "Soon? Like, how soon?".

I chuckle, enjoying the mystery I'm creating. "You'll know soon enough, my friend".

Zion shakes his head in amazement, a grin spreading across his face. "You're full of surprises, Ares. I can't believe you're finally taking the plunge".

I shrug, my heart fills with a mix of anticipation and a touch of nervousness. "Well, they say there's no time like the present. And with Leah, I know it's the right time."

He claps me on the back, his enthusiasm infectious. "I'm thrilled for you, man. Leah's one lucky lady".

I chuckle, feeling a sense of warmth at his words. "I'm the lucky one, Zion. She's... she's everything".

"Aww my boy" He says pulling me cheek playfully.

"Ouchh, Zion" I say as I lean back placing my hand on my cheek because it hurt a little.

"Ares I..." He moves forward. He's close enough. I know what he's about to do.

"Don't you dare to" I raise my eyebrows as I place my index finger on his forehead and push him back.

He leans back in his chair. "I was just trying to give you a hug". 

"I know what your hug looks like" I roll my eyes.

"Okay" He utters, sitting back quietly. I giggle.

Now, I just can't wait for the day to arrive when I'll be proposing to Leah. I wanna know how she reacts and I hope her reaction is positive.