Chapter 28

A sudden sinking sensation in my chest overtakes me, leaving me uneasy and uncertain. My mind is currently flooded with an endless stream of questions. How he came to know that I'm here? Did he actually track me? God, everything is incoherent, and I don't know what to do. In fact, I still can't digest the fact that he is standing right in front and staring into my soul with his icy blue eyes and an awful smirk plastered on his face. 

"Hi, buttercup" He grins.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I glare at him.

"What kind of question is that? Of course, for you baby" He chuckles mannerlessly. "How did you come to know that I'm here?" I ask curiously. "Your father" He tells me. 

Now that's inconceivable.  

"Your father and I had a deal before I came here. He doesn't want you anymore, so I asked him if I could have you and he had no objection to it. So I asked him about your current location but..." He rolls his eyes. "Your father is ravenous, he first asked for some money and only then he told me about your location" He adds to his statement. 

I am curious as to why he went through the effort of seeking me out, despite not having any intention of reconciling with me. Something is fishy. 

"So you coming with me?" He smirks as if I'd say yes. "Please, don't talk nonsensically you already know the answer" I shake my head. "Oh come on! I swear I have changed a lot babe" He tells me. "nope, you're still the same Lewis I remember" I scoff. "The abusive, the one who brought miseries in my life, the one who used to consider his lustful love as true love" I stare at him, yet he laughs and leans against the bookshelf. 

"You're miserable" I tell him. "Just imagine Leah, if only you had comprehended me and my love. How effortless our life would have been" He says, actually lies. "Are you done? Cause I gotta go" I tell him and take a step forward. But before I could take another action, he held my wrist and pinned me against the bookshelf. "Trust me, Leah I can be a better man" He convinces me as he leans in and tightens his grip around my wrist. "Lewis, you're hurting me" I wince in pain as I try to thrust him away. I call for help, but everyone in the library stands there and watches Lewis forcing himself upon me. Indeed, they all are shocked by Lewis' awful actions.

He runs his fingers around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Lewis stop it, please!" I implore him. Yet, he doesn't stop anyway. My eyes start to well up with tears. Regardless, nobody intrudes to help me. He then runs his fingers in my hair and tightens his grip. I wince again because it hurts so much. He brushes his lips against my neck, slips his hand beneath my spaghetti, and reaches for my bra. Now, it was unbearable for me to endure his actions anymore. So, I shrieked as loud as I could.

He instantly takes out his hand beneath my spaghetti as if someone has pulled him. It's Ares. He pins Lewis to the wall. "How the fuck you dared to touch her!" He roars furiously. Lewis' eyes widen and he glances at me confusedly. "Ares Elsher is your boyfriend? The next mafia leader of Europe! You lied about your boyfriend's name!" He yells. "Shut up!" Ares yells back at him. Everything has messed up here. "You tried to hurt my woman......now see what I can do to you" Ares tells him. 

He grabs his jaw tightly. He has knives strapped around his waist and takes one of them out. "Rot in hell" He says in a low voice and then slowly plows the knife in his mouth. He screams out loud. However, Ares doesn't stop until it reaches Lewis' throat. His mouth starts to bleed. It was intolerable for me to watch that gruesome scene so I turned around in terror. Within less than fifteen seconds Lewis stopped screaming. I turned around, he was lying on the floor and his mouth was covered in blood. His soul has left his body. He was dead.

I glance at Ares who is holding the bloody knife in his hand. His clothes were stained with blood. He glances at me and starts to approach. I hear people gossiping about the grisly scene that they witnessed. Ares grabs my wrist, and we both stroll out of the library. 

Midway while we were walking on the footpath, he freed my wrist from his grip and continued to walk. I fold my arms while looking down at the road. Ares calls one of his guards and commands him to remove Lewis' dead body from the library. He hasn't even looked at him ever since we left the library. And somewhere, I find myself condemnable for all this shit that happened. It ended in the worst way than I expected. 

__________________________________________________

We both stride inside the house. The heavy footsteps of Ares echo throughout the ground floor. He suddenly turns his full attention towards me before stepping on the stairs. "Why had Lewis said that you lied to him about my name?" He glares at me questioningly. "Ares......uhh actually I wanted him to stay away from your sight as much as possible because I knew what the outcome would be like" I manage to tell him. "You wanted to keep him away from me. That means you knew he was in Germany. How?" He stares at me suspiciously. 

"Yes...he...he called me yesterday night" I stutter as I stare at the ground I don't have enough intrepidity to look directly into his eyes and talk to him. "And you didn't even bother to tell me?" He frowns at me furiously. "I was scared" I glanced at him. "Of what? Rose you--" He pauses as he glances in the other direction. He's pissed off and hurt at the same time. He tries his best not to let the anger burst out. "I'm sorry Ares" I mutter. He doesn't respond but stares at me.

"I need some time" He whispers and turns around instantly, ascending the stairs while I stand still, watching him until he disappears.

If only I had told him about Lewis at that very moment when he asked me about him, this wouldn't have happened. It's all my fault. I'm the one who lied to him. I'm the one who hurt his feelings. And I'm the one who disturbed the consensus of our relationship. 

My father doesn't want me back, Ares is upset with me, and my mother ditched me. Is this all that I deserve? Don't I deserve to live a life of harmony? Or am I born to face just the torments?

I stroll into my room and lay on the bed like a dead. I'm so tired of my life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A sudden knock on my door makes me awake. I don't even remember when I fell asleep. I glance at the clock. It's 7 pm, I slept for freaking eight hours. Before I could even flinch, I heard another knock. "Come in" I mutter, and Della walks in. 

"Hey...Leah, I was......." She pauses as she frowns her eyebrows. "You okay?" She questions. "Yeah, why?" I question back, tucking my hair behind my ear. "You're looking gaunt" She tells me in a concerned tone. "No...I mean...I have a headache otherwise I'm fine" I assure her. "Want me to get some medicate for you?" She asks. "No no...I'll be fine" I assure her, then glance at the window. It's raining out there. "Oh god, I was about to ask you for an outing but since you have a headache..." She lowers her tone while speaking. 

"It's okay. We shall next time" I smile at her, and she shakes her head. "So, was everything okay at the library?" She asks, and I let a sigh escape my lips.

"No" I utter.