Chapter 44

With each passing moment, my resolve grows stronger. I will leave no stone unturned in my pursuit of justice. I will confront Leah's abusive father, demanding answers and retribution for the pain he has caused. There would be no mercy for those who have torn apart my world and threatened the safety of the person I hold most dear. 

I clench my fist, my determination fueling my every action. I will become a force to be reckoned with, unyielding in my pursuit of truth and justice. Nothing will stand in my way as I swear to bring Leah back, to protect her from the clutches of her abusive father, and to ensure that those responsible faced the full weight of their actions.

I am prepared to confront the darkness that has invaded our lives, knowing that I will stop at nothing to bring Leah home and bring those responsible to justice.

Della brings her laptop and the three of us sit on the bed. 

"Hope it works" Zion mutters.

"It will" Della assures him as she unlocks her laptop.

"Tell me the phone number" She asks and I tell her.

She did a few steps and manages to track the phone number, revealing the current location of Leah's Father.

"Got it" She screams happily. "He's in Strausberg".

"Strausberg? You gotta be kidding me...I thought he has left for Denmark but he's still here in Germany?" Zion says shockingly. 

"But he might be planning to go" I say. "How do you know that?" Zion asks. "Because he might be afraid that I'll find him" I tell him.

  I feel a surge of hope as I receive the news that Leah's father is in Strausberg, contrary to what I had initially believed.

Plans are quickly set in motion. Fifty-three minutes. That's how much time it will take for me to reach there since I live in Berlin. I can't believe that even the guards backstabbed me. 

Anyway, I'll deal with them later because first I'll go and bring my girl back and then I also have to hunt down her father for executing such an act which is unpardonable. 

I quickly get up from the bed and approach the door.

"Are you going to get her now?" Zion asks and I turn back.

Unimpressed. "Of course".

"So should I-- no need I'll bring her myself" I assure him and then leave the room. 

I bring the car keys from my room and then walk downstairs, leaving the house. I approach my black supra and climb inside, driving off to Strausberg.

Honestly, I should have killed Leah's father the moment he tried to burn her hand on the stove. He might have escaped from my clutches that day but this time no...not at all. That motherfucker doesn't know with whom he is dealing, whom he has challenged. He will face the consequences in the worst way possible.

I still doubt that my father might be involved in this.

Well, I'll uncover the truth soon. That is today. But I'm not even sure if Leah is with her father or not.

Wait a minute...of course, she is. I mean...where else she can be right?

Since I drive fast, I reach Strausberg in less than fifty minutes. Della shared the current location of Leah's father so I unlock my phone and follow the path shown on the map. It took me three minutes to look for his house. I park the car. Looks like he hasn't slept yet since it's 11 pm. Very well.

I hop out of the car and approach the door. I look around and then press the bell. The seconds stretch out, seemingly endless, until finally, the door swings open, revealing the man responsible for Leah's pain. 

As I lock eyes with Leah's father, a surge of raw fury courses through my veins. I can hardly contain the storm brewing inside me, my muscles tensing as if ready to strike. The man before me pales, a sudden realization of the danger he faces etching itself across his face. Fear overtakes him, causing his body to tremble involuntarily. I relish in the sight, knowing that he is the one capable of instilling such terror.

He takes a step back while I take a step forward.

"Let's come straight to the point...where is Leah?" I ask, my voice holding an edge of steel, demanding the truth.

"I...I don't...I don't know" He lies.

The air around us grows heavy, charged with unspoken threats and a sense of impending justice. Each movement I make carries an intensity that speaks volumes, silently conveying my unyielding determination to protect Leah.

"Your stuttering voice clearly says that you're lying" I glare at him.

 Leah's father, now fully aware of the wrath he has invited into his home, stumbles backwards, his voice faltering as he tries to find words. He can feel the weight of his past actions closing in on him, tightening like a noose around his neck. The shiver that runs down his spine is a physical manifestation of the fear that grabs his entire being.

"Tell me" I ask again, my eyes flickering like burning flames of fire.

"I really don't know where she is" He lies again, now making me more frustrated.

I pull out my gun from the jeans pocket and pull the trigger, aiming at his leg and then shoot him.

He hollers in pain as he loses his balance and falls to the floor. He wraps his hands around his leg, trying to stop the bleeding. He knows he has crossed the line, and facing me means facing the consequences of his actions.

"You really thought I was going to shoot you in the head...I won't kill you at once" I say as I look at my gun.

Leah's father trembles, unable to meet my unwavering stare. The fear that grabs him mingles with a sense of desperation. I realize he is cornered, and that his deceit will not go unnoticed. My persistence threatened to expose the dark secrets he has try to bury.

I pull the trigger again but before I can even aim at his other leg he stammers. "I'll tell you I'll tell you she's...she's with me". He pants.

I frown. "Where did you keep her?".

"In...in the basement" He says, his voice shaking with a mix of fear and defeat.

"Did you do something to her?" I ask as I tilt my head.

"I...No I...-- Answer the goddamn question did you do something to her?!" I roar making him flinch with dread. "I...I abused her but...but those were orders given by your father" He says quickly. 

Fuck! I knew it. I knew it. I knew it!!!

"You know what? You are in grave danger now" I whisper as I shove the gun back into my jeans pocket.

He stares at me confusingly, not able to predict my next move.