Chapter 53

Leah's POV :

As the months swiftly slipped by, the day of the wedding finally arrives. The air is bustling with excitement and an undeniable sense of anticipation. It is a whirlwind of activity, a symphony of preparations and laughter. The venue, another splendid mansion owned by Ares' family, is a sight to behold. It is grand and luxurious, with expansive rooms adorned in opulent decor. The atmosphere is abuzz with the energy of the upcoming celebration, and the air itself seems to shimmer with joy.

  In the dressing room, Della stands before the mirror, a vision of elegance in her stunning red gown. I watch as she gazes at her reflection, a soft smile playing on her lips. The gown hugs her figure perfectly, the rich fabric cascading like a waterfall of crimson, and her beauty radiates from within. And I'm wearing the blue gown which Ares' bought for me.

"You're looking enchanting, Della" I say, my voice filled with genuine admiration.

"Oh, thanks".

Her attention turns to me, her eyes sparkling with excitement. But her smile slightly turns into a smirk. "Leah, when do you think we'll get to see you in a wedding gown, walking down the aisle?".

I giggle, a playful glint in my eyes. "Oh, Della, you never know. But weddings are more than just beautiful gowns and romantic moments".

Della raised an eyebrow, a mischievous smile dancing on her lips. "Oh, really? Pray to tell, what else do weddings entail?".

I take a deep breath, my expression turning thoughtful. "Well, there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. Marriage comes with responsibilities, compromises, and adjustments. It's not as simple as it may seem. And considering Ares' position as the future leader of the mafia, there's a lot he needs to navigate".

Her smile softens, and she nods in understanding. "You're right. It's not just about the fancy wedding. There's a whole life that comes after it but......." She purses her lips. I stare at her, waiting for her to complete the sentence.

"Did you know that Ares is being compelled by his father for becoming the mafia leader? He just wants to live a normal life.....with you" She mutters.

I look down at my fingers. "He wants to build a future with you" She adds to her statement.

"I wouldn't mind but Ares has a lot on his plate, and I want to make sure he's ready for those responsibilities" I murmur.

Della approaches me and sits next to me on the chair.

She leans closer, her voice gentle. "You care about him a lot, don't you?".

I nod a warm smile on my lips. "More than I can express. But rushing into marriage isn't the answer. We're both young—seventeen and nineteen—and there's so much we want to achieve and experience before taking that step".

Her eyes twinkle with understanding. "You're wise beyond your years, Leah. And you're right, there's no need to rush. Love is patient, and when the time is right, everything will fall into place" She smiles wider, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Alright. Now let's go downstairs" She pats my back gently, getting up from the chair and so do I. 

Della and I emerge from the dressing room, our laughter and excitement filling the air as we make our way together. The anticipation is palpable, and the elegant surroundings seemed to come alive with the energy of the celebration. 

As we reach the top of the stairs, my gaze is drawn like a magnet to Ares, who stands at the foot of the staircase, his eyes fixes on me. The affectionate look in his eyes sends a flutter of warmth through my heart, and an involuntary grin tugs at the corners of my lips.