Chapter 14

Leah's POV:

I step into the living room with Ares and Zion. There are two faces new to me: a boy with dark brown hair and blue eyes and a girl with black hair and brown eyes. "Who are those people?" I whisper in Ares' ear. "That's Ezekiel, my brother's best friend, and Navy, my brother's girlfriend" He mutters cheekily as if he doesn't like them.

Then my eyes land on Della, who throws a smile at me, and so do I. Then I glance at Clair, looking at her nails polished with red. She throws me a revolted look as soon as she sees me, but I look away to ignore her. "Who's this?"Navy asks Ares. "A pathetic girl" Clair scoffs while Navy chuckles.

I'm in solid regret right now for saying yes to the game.

I glance at Ares; his jaw is clenched as if his anger can burst at any time. "You guys done? Her name is Leah" Zion introduces me. He sits next to Della. Clair makes space for Ares on the couch, whereas I don't think Ares will sit next to her.

"Sit here"Clair grins. "Thanks, but I'll sit here"Ares rolls his eyes as he sits on the other couch and makes me sit beside him. This made Clair angry and jealous at the same time.

"So let's play" Della says as she grins. "We aren't using any bottle in this game?" I finally speak up. "No......we will ask questions one by one" Ezekiel says. Questions?? This is Truth or Dare. So why did he only consider truth and not Dare?

Oh no.

"So.......let's start with Leah" Ezekiel smirks. Why me??????

I'm afraid of what type of questions they will ask. What if I won't be able to answer them? Clair will make fun of it. "Don't get nervous if you feel uncomfortable at any moment. Tell me I'm here" Ares whispers in my ear. Now I'm a little satisfied. I shake my head as he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

They started the game directly, so nobody knows about Ares' condition except me and Zion. "So Leah, Truth or Dare?" Navy asks.

Wait what??? I thought they'd ask questions.

"Uhh.....Truth" I say confusedly. "Have you ever kissed someone?" She asks. "Kiss? Does she even know what that means?" Clair laughs. "Yes, she has.....she has kissed me. Three times" Ares says. Her facial expressions drop to blank. She didn't expect that. Zion giggles at her face.

"You ki-"Clair pauses, unable to speak because it is surprising and shocking for her. "Okay, okay.....let's resume the game now next.....Ares" Navy says, grabbing our attention. He mumbles. "Truth or Dare?" She asks. "Uhh.....I'll go truth" He says. I glance at Clair again, and she's still in shock.

"So Ares, Is there any good quality you like the most about Clair?" Navy asks. Okay, I got it. Navy dislikes me too. But I don't care. "If only she had one" He scoffs. Making me, Zion, and Della chuckle. Actually, Zion almost burst into laughter. Ares is spitting facts and nothing else.

"Oh, so you see no good quality in me? What about Leah? You like everything about her?" Clair points at me with frowned eyebrows. Please don't assume that this is my fault if Ares likes me and not her. "Why do you have to drag her in this?"Ares glares at Clair, and she rolls her eyes.

"Can I ask something? "Michael finally speaks."why did you choose Leah over Clair?"He asks curiously. I guess nobody likes me here. So why am I even part of this game?

"I didn't choose Leah only over Clair; I chose Leah over everything" Ares leans on the couch. "So you guys better stop talking shit about her otherwise" He warns them. "But-Hey guys control it now. Let's play the game" Zion says. Ares let out a sigh as if he was exhausted. I guess doesn't want to the part of this game anymore.

Moreover, he's not in good condition, and they were all pissing him off. "You wanna play furthermore?" I whisper in his ear. He glances at me. "I don't think so, but if you still wanna play, then I'll stay here with you" He smiles.

"Let's go"I tell him. "You don't wanna play?" He asks again. I shake my head no. We both stand up at once, and everyone stares at us. "Where you guys going?"Della asks. "Not interested in the game" Ares says. He winces as he takes a step forward.

"You okay?"Clair asks suspiciously. "Yeah" Ares mutters. I want to hold him, but I can't, in front of them. Anyway, We both walk out of the room and go back to his room.

_____________________________

Ares leans his head against the headboard, and I unbutton his shirt. His wounds have again started to bleed. I gasp. I quickly get some cold water in a bowl and a cloth. I drop the material into the bowl and let it soak in water. After a few seconds, I lift it back and squeeze it. Then I press it against Ares' chest.

"Rose, I want to ask you something" Ares says. "What is it?"I mutter. "Who was that man with you in the kitchen? Who was trying to burn your hand?"He asks. Why is he asking me this now? And even if he asked how he would react if I said he was my father. It will surely piss him off.

"Tell me Rose"He demands. I have no choice but to tell him. "That was.....my father"I respond. I don't look at him because I don't want to see how he reacts. He doesn't respond, so I have to look at him. His expression is nonplus. "And you didn't tell me" He says. "Because you didn't ask"I roll my eyes. "I swear, Rose if I knew that he was your father I would have burnt his whole face" He says.

I stare at him. But before I could say something, Zion burst into the room, and Della followed him, shutting the door behind him. "What the hell, Ares? You're again bleeding"His jaw drops. "Why are you guys here?"Ares asks. "The game has no fun in it" Della says as he sits behind me. "Zion told me what happened to you but don't mind, but your father is an asshole" Della tells Ares. "I know" He mutters.

I like the thing that Zion and Della are also in support of Ares. Unlike the others I just met, they know what's right and wrong.

Ares bottons up his shirt since the wounds have stopped bleeding again. "Leah, let me give you some advice" Della speaks to me. "If Clair ever talked to you like that, slap or punch her in the face" She advises. "You know what? It would be best if you took Della everywhere you go" Zion speaks up across the room as he's sitting on a chair.

"She'll beat the shit out of people" He chuckles, making me laugh. "Shut up. I never hurt people" She rolls her eyes. "What? Don't you remember hitting a bottle of wine on a girl's head just because she was flirting with me?" He reminds her. This shows how much she loves her man.

"Just flirting?" Della throws a death stare at Zion. I laugh at his expression.

They both are so cute together.