2

"Aaliyah" Her mother's voice woke her up from her sweet sleep, yawning loudly she opened her eyes and it fell on the clock, her eyes widened immediately. It was few minutes pass seven. She was so damn late.
    She hurried into the restroom to take her bath and got dressed, she was never really a morning person but she tried her best to get to work on time.
    Adjusting her dress properly she ran downstairs to meet her mother making breakfast. "Mama, good morning " she greeted with a small smile.
     "You are such a lazy girl, I wonder how you would cope with your husband" Her mother massaged her temples just thinking of what to do with her daughter.
    "Mama, don't think about that besides I am not thinking of marriage now, I am young" Aaliyah said grabbing an apple from the table.
    "Young? Child I was around your age when I got married and had your brother" Her mother explained.
    Aaliyah almost rolled her eyes, since she turned 22 her mother had not stopped talking about marriage and marriage, "Mama, I am already super late. I love you"
    "Take this," Her mother passed a lunch box from across the counter.
     "Aren't you the best mother in the world, thank you" Aaliyah flashed her a wide smile.
     "Off you go, have a wonderful day. Assalaamu Alaikum" Her mother shouted.
    "Waalaikum Salaam, thanks mama" Aaliyah was already heading outside the door.
    Hopping into her car she made her way towards the office which was a thirty minutes drive from her house. Everyone was supposed to be available by 7:00am because there was an emergency meeting.
     Getting out of her car she ran into the building, into the elevator and up to the meeting room where the meeting was to be held.
    Swallowing the lump in her throat she smoothed her hijab and walked into the room, all eyes turned to look at her but she ignored the eyes and walked to seat in the empty chair.
     Smiling at the woman sitting close to her she moved her eyes towards the projector which was on display, her eyes scanned the room for Mr Jacob Anthony but he was no where to be found, her eyes narrowed then she remembered him saying his son was going to take over the CEO position of the enterprise.
   All eyes turned to the door as a man walked into the room, his 6'5 muscular frame standing out as he made his way towards the front of the room, wearing a grey suit which looked like it was tailored for him, his thick brown hair was held in a small bun behind his head, his jaw was covered with small beards which was nearly trimmed, his straight nose and piercing light grey eyes.
    His eyes scanned the faces of the people in the room and landed on Aaliyah, their eyes locked sending shivers down her spine before she looked away.
     She could feel his gaze on her for a minute before he looked away. 'What a weird man' she said to herself.
     "Good morning everyone, my name is Skyler Lucian Anthony as some of you may already know, I am the new CEO of Anthony Enterprise, I take strictly good behavior, loyalty , diligence, obedience and hard work as long as you can keep all these I have mentioned we shall have no problem. I look forward to working with you all and have a nice day" His rich deep voice echoed in the room.
     As he walked out of the room, murmurs could be heard from the people, "oh my God, he is so handsome. Now I have to put more efforts on my makeup" one of the ladies said, "do you think he is married? Although I didn't see a ring on his finger" Another lady said.
    Aaliyah rolled her eyes in irritation before she stood from her chair and walked out of the room. She wondered how it would be working for the new CEO, she did not really feel good working with the man.
    "Come, come , come" Anna pulled Aaliyah's hand as they rushed to the CEO's office.
      "What is the problem? Where are we going to?" Aaliyah asked with a frown.
      "Well dear, the new boss is asking for the sales director so we are going to see him" Anna explained using her other hand to smoother her blonde hair, even though Anna was in her late thirties she always acted like she was in her early twenties, heavy makeups and short tight clothes.
     'Ya Allah, please let this go well' she said to herself. Soon they were standing in front of Kyle's table.
    "This is our sales director, Miss Aaliyah Salman" Anna said flashing a smile
    "Thank you, you can leave now" Kyle said without looking up at them.
    Anna winked at Aaliyah before she walked out of the room swaying her hips. Aaliyah just stood there waiting for the man to stay something but he just kept looking at his laptop, she was already getting irritated.
    "It seems you're busy now sir, I can always come back when you are free" she said through her teeth.
     "So the muzlim girl has a tongue" He said before raising his head to look at her.