19

Taraweeh had ended about ten minutes ago and the women had returned to the house. Skyler and Malik stayed in the mosque for a little while to relax,
    "We should return home now, it's getting late already" Malik said
    "Alright no problem" The two men made their way to the house, enjoying the sight of the houses along the road.
    "Can I tell you something important? It's something I have been keeping in my chest for a while" Skyler asked rubbing his palms together.
   "Yeah sure you can, what's up?" Malik asked throwing a quick look at Skyler.
    "Well, I don't really know how to say this. It's kinda complicated though and it's about your sister" Skyler said.
    This got Malik's attention, so he stood and looked at Skyler with a frown on his face. "What about my sister?"
    "I..we have been working together for a while now and I have noticed she is a very wonderful person, dedicated to her work and religion. And...it took me a while to accept this but, I..I like her" He paused to look at Malik who had no emotion on his face, he just couldn't decipher what the man was thinking. "I know this is coming out a little strange but I'm being completely honest right now, I like her a lot man and I would love to marry her some day"
    Minutes of silence passed between them as Skyler waited patiently for Malik to respond to his words, a laughter erupted in the air, Malik placed a hand on Skyler's shoulder. "I have been expecting this for a while tho, don't look so surprised I am not blind to see how you look at my sister and how she looks at you, I see the attraction"
    "I am glad you are cool with this, it's a whole lot of burden removed from my chest" Skyler said with an awkward laugh.
    "You are a nice man Skyler and I know you will treat my sister well but I can't agree to the marriage because of the religious differences, I understand you're trying to get closer to Islam but I must advise you that it should be on your own terms and will, not because you want to impress my sister or my family. Your desire for  knowledge and closeness to God should be for you and no body else, do you understand me?" Malik explained calmly.
    "Yes yes, I understand you. I am really doing this not only for Aaliyah but for myself too, I want to know more about Islam for my own closure too. And I hope I will be able to convert sooner than expected, I just need to do more research and be completely certain for myself" Skyler explained offering a smile to Malik.
    "Then that's wonderful bro, I wish you the best of luck, and I pray Allah makes it easy for you"  Malik said
   "Ameeen Ameeen, Thank you very much and I would prefer if you keep my confession from Aaliyah I don't want her hearing it from you, is that something you can do for me?"  Skyler asked
    "Yes of course, my lips are sealed bro. Do not take too long though before another man beat you to it". Malik joked with a smirk on his lips.
   "Nah, I doubt that, Aaliyah is mine so I would not make her wait for a long time". Skyler smiled.
    "Calm your horses man, she's not yours yet until you both sign the nikkah form." Malik added.
   "Then I eagerly look forward to that". Skyler said and the two men laughed as they made their way to the house.

      *           *            *            *             *                *

     It had been two days after the iftar dinner at Malik's house, Maryam glanced around the clock it was currently 6:35pm which meant Malik would be arriving from work any time soon. She had managed to prepare him a sumptuous dinner with lots of croissant and ice cream which he was obsessed with lately.
     She rubbed her arm nervously as she had the door bell ring walking over the door she opened it to see a smiling Malik.
    "Assalaamu Alaikum Malik" Maryam offered him a sweet smile as she collected his bag from him.
    "Waalaikum Salaam my beautiful Mimi, we have been married for a while now and you still call me Malik, haven't you found a sweet name for me yet?" Malik said with a fake frown as he walked into the leaving room.
     "No I haven't, I'm searching for one that suits you" Maryam said pressing her lips together trying not to burst into a fit of laughter.
    "Okay babe, I will wait painfully. Anyways how are you doing?" Malik asked turning to look into her face.
    "I am good Alhamdulilah, how about you? Hope your day went well?" She asked.
    "Yes yes it was good Alhamdulilah, I was able to resolve the issue we had yesterday" Malik answered.
    "Alright, Alhamdulilah for that. You should freshen up and come back down, I made something nice for you" Maryam suggested.
   "Hmmm, my sweet wife is spoiling me a lot" Malik wiggled his brows at her causing her to laugh, "I will be back in ten minutes" He placed a quick kiss on her cheek before running upstairs.
    A few minutes later, he walked into the dinning room wearing black trousers and a white shirt. His hair damp with water. "Hey love" Malik said wrapping his arms around Maryam's waist.
    "We can do this later Malik but for now, you have to eat so the food doesn't get cold" Maryam suggested.
    "Okay mummy I will eat" He said jokingly, "But we are going back to that later" He added as redness covered his wife's face.
    He settled to eat while Maryam sat beside him watching him, "why are you looking at me? Aren't you going to eat?" Malik asked.
   "No, I am not feeling hungry this evening" Maryam answered.
   "Why what's wrong? Are you okay? Do you need us to visit the hospital?" He asked with worry in his voice.
    "No no, I am good. I will eat something before I sleep so don't worry, just enjoy your food" Maryam said.
    "Alright then if you say so but I am going to be making sure you eat tonight" He said and she replied with a smile.
     His eyes landed on the same box which was on the dinning table, "What's that?" He asked stretching his hand to take the box.
     "It's a gift, i got it for you" Maryam smiled nervously.
    "Oh my love, you didn't have to but you are so sweet". Malik said placing a kiss on her forehead.
    "You should open it". Maryam said, he gently unwrapped the box and opened it, his expression changed from surprise to confusion. "This..this is a baby's shoe and.." He pulled out a blue stick staring at it as his eyes widened. "Is...is this..." He stared at Maryam's face to her stomach then back to her face.
    "You are going to be a father Malik, I am pregnant" She announced smiling widely.
    Malik immediately stood up and wrapped his arms around her hugging her tightly. "Ya Allah, this is wonderful news. Oh my Allah, we are going to be parents Maryam". Malik said happily as he kissed her hair.
     "Yes we are Malik, Alhamdulilah" Maryam hugged him back, touching his hair.

   Hey beautiful people, I just showed a small peck of Malik and Maryam's life. Who can not wait to see a little Malik or Maryam? I can't :) ❤️. I haven't decided if I want it to be a boy or girl yet tho ;) 😁