25

Hey my beautiful readers, your girl is back with another update...🥰
      I hope you enjoy this and like always do not forget to vote and comment your thoughts. Thank youuuuuuu and May God bless every single one of you.

       "What?" Aaliyah asked with a frown on her face, her fists clenched by her side.
   "I said marry me Aaliyah Salman and make me the happiest man in the world" Skyler asked as he took a step towards her.
    "What kind of sick joke are you playing with me Skyler? What are you saying?" Angry lines started to form on her forehead.
   "God Liya come on, I am not playing any joke on you I promise you, this is not a joke I am Damn serious and I want you to be my wife" Skyler explained but the look on her face was not convincing enough.
    "Why do you want to marry me all of a sudden? How about the woman you were telling me about? I don't understand" Aaliyah was beginning to have a headache.
     "It was you all along Liya, you are the only woman that had starred many emotions in my head, you are the only women who have made feel things I have never felt before. There's nothing more I want that making you my wife Liya" Aaliyah just stared at him as he spoke surprised with words. "I have liked you for a long time Liya and ever since you have clouded my thoughts and emotions. I can only make this right by making you my wife and soulmate."
     He stared at her for a while before he went down on one knee flashing her a box which had a ring in it. "I have a lot to say Liya and if I start now we would be here for a very very long time. I never thought I would love someone after my ex but I was wrong, you came into my life and turned my life upside down making me rethink my actions and words. You changed my world and Liya I would want you to be part of my world, live together, share problems together, fight, argue and laugh together. Marry me Aaliyah Salman"
      Everything happened so fast that Aaliyah could not process everything, it was all surprising to her that Skyler was asking her to marry him which by the way she never expected. Now she thought about it, the signs were there but she overlooked them. Staring at him now she could see the pure emotions and honesty in his eyes. A smile slowly grew on her face, "I don't think I can let the great Skyler kneel for nothing right" Her smile turned to a smirk.
     "Is the a yes my lady?" His smile warm and gentle as he stared at her.
     "Yes, I will marry you Mr Skyler Anthony" Aaliyah said stretching her fingers out for him.
      His face brightened up as he slipped the ring into her finger, "You have no idea how happy you have made me Liya. I have no words to explain how I feel. Thank you" He raised his hand to his lips and pressed a soft kiss on her knuckles.
     The sky roared as water began to pour from the sky making them both wet in minutes. "Let's back inside" Skyler pulled her by her hand as they ran back into the building.
     Thankfully the waiters were waiting for them with towels in their hands. "Thank you" Skyler said as he wrapped one around Aaliyah and another around himself. They were both panting from the run, "I guess Allah approves of our Union" He joked causing them both laugh.
      "Yes I guess He does" Aaliyah responded smiling widely tightening the towel around her body as they stared at the rain fall in a comfortable silence.

       It was a few minutes to twelve when Skyler's car was parked in front of Aaliyah's house, when the rain stopped they immediately began to drive back home. "I brought you back on time so you don't have to sleep outside" Skyler joked as he opened the door for her.
     "Yeah you actually did after getting my dress wet. But no offense taken" Aaliyah responded as she smiled at him while getting out of the car.
     "It was a lovely evening miss Aaliyah, thank you very much. It's pretty late you should go in" He suggested.
      "Thank you for tonight, it was wonderful. You can go on, I just a few feet from my house so Have a lovely night Skyler" Aaliyah said.
      "You are welcome beautiful, take care of yourself, good night and sleep well my lady" Skyler smiled, his hair damp making him look more handsome. He placed a kiss on her knuckles as he walked to the other side of the car and climbed, he flashed her a smile before he zoomed off.
     Aaliyah watched him till the car disappeared from sight, then turned around and walked into her house. The house was quiet which meant her mother was asleep.
     Finally exhausted and sleepy, Aaliyah changed into clean clothes and dried her hair, she took a cup of hot water from the kitchen and walked back to her room.
    After saying her prayers she jumped on her bed, still smiling as she replayed the earlier event in her head. Her eyes fell on the ring around her finger making her smile widen.
     Soon she fell into a deep dreamless sleep, Aminat closed the curtain of her window from her room which was upstairs. Her prayers were being answered and she couldn't more be grateful to Allah, now she could sleep peacefully knowing her daughter would be in good hands.