10

Hey loves ❤️ ;)

     The weeks went by so fast, and finally on Saturday was her brother's wedding and Aaliyah was ecstatic almost as if it was her own wedding. All the arrangements were done and her house was parked with many of her relatives. Cousins and aunts.
      She adjusted her hijab, her eyes landed on the invitation card specially made for her boss, Mr Skyler. Picking the card she walked out of her office to her boss's office which was on the other side of the floor.
    Placing a gentle knock on the door, she opened the way and walked into the office, Skyler was busy on his laptop his long fingers typing on the keyboard. He had a white shirt on, the tie was loosened and two of the buttons of the shirt were open revealing his tan chest.
     Aaliyah focused her eyes on his face, not like it helped the rapid beating of her heart. "Good afternoon sir"
     Skyler looked up to her face, his facial expression relaxed as a small smile appeared across his face. "Good afternoon miss Salman" He said.
    "I came here to give you this, my brother's wedding ceremony is on Saturday" She said placing the card on his table.
    "Oh, thank you very much" Skyler said as he opened the card his eyes scanning it as he read the content in it. "This is very beautiful"
     "Thank you sir". Aaliyah replied with a smile.
  "So, is there a certain way I am supposed to dress or something like that" He asked curiously.
    "No sir, you can dress any how you want to dress". Aaliyah replied.
    "Alright then, thank you for this. I would be there". Skyler assured her
     "Thank you sir, my brother would be pleased by your attendance" Aaliyah said.
     "It's no big deal, Anyways I have another reason to see you outside work". Skyler almost cursed at himself, he wasn't supposed to say that out loud, he watched as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink, his smile widened.
    "Good bye sir, have a nice day". Aaliyah said and walked out of the office before he could reply.
     Skyler just smiled looking at the door, he had no idea what excited him more either the wedding or seeing Aaliyah in her not formal clothes. He could hardly wait for on Saturday.

      They had just returned from the mosque where the nikkah was held, now they were dressing the bride up for the reception. It was currently 3:12pm so they literally had less than an hour to arrive at the hall.
     "You look so beautiful Maryam, MashaAllah" Aminat, Malik's mother said with a wide smile on her face.
    Maryam was wearing a long white dress which was  flayed from the waist downwards. It had long sleeves which was a bit transparent. Her neck was adorned with a beautiful diamond necklace. Her long hair was perfect styled behind her. The makeup artist did a wonderful work in bringing out Maryam's beauty.
      "Thank you ma" Maryam said with a shy smile while holding her rose flowers.
     "Nonsense child, call me mother. You are now my child Maryam" Aminat said gently caressing her daughter-in-law's face not to ruin her makeup.
    "I will..mother, thank you" She said with her full smile as she hugged Aminat.
    "Let's go mum, the car is waiting" Aaliyah said as she walked into the room.
    "Alright, alright" Aminat said as she held her daughter-in-law's hand and walked out of the room and the house.
     About six different cars were already parked outside of their house which consisted of their aunts and cousins and uncles.
      Aaliyah, her mother and her new sister climbed into one of the cars as they made their way to the reception hall, thankfully there wasn't any traffic so
they got their on time.
    The hall was almost filled up with people and her brother and his friends had already arrived, wearing matching suits but in different colors from that of the groom.
      Aaliyah held the bride's hand and walked over to her brother who was looking handsome in his beige colored suit which matched his skin color perfectly.
    As she walked towards his, she saw his eyes widened seeing his bride beside her. "Hey big bro, cat got your tongue" She teased with a smirk.
     Malik's lazily dragged his eyes from his bride to his sister who was also looking beautiful. "It's good to see you too sis."
    "Yeah yeah whatever, anyways I came to deliver your bride to you." Aaliyah said placing Maryam's hand into Malik's hands. "By the way Maryam, you are too beautiful for this ogre brother of mine" Aaliyah smirked again, her words making Maryam giggle.
    "You know, I'm so handsome even though you don't want to admit it but then again, I have a wife now so I don't need your compliment". Malik said.
    "She is your wife of course she would want to make you feel better, I, your sister will always tell you the truth whether you like it or not" Aaliyah said.
    "Go play with your cousins Liya, i really do not have the strength to argue with you today" Malik said in defeat.
    "Whatever, I will leave you to your ogre husband. Congratulations sister" Aaliyah said as she threw her arms around Maryam and hugged her tightly.
    "Thank you very much" Maryam murmured in her arms.
   "How about me? Don't I get a hug?" Malik asked opening his arms wide.
    "You are still my brother so I guess so" Aaliyah said and wrapped her arms around her brother tightly. "Congratulations Mally, I am so happy for you" she whispered to him genuinely.
    "Thank you Liya, this won't have been possible without you" Malik said.
    The siblings pulled away from each other, a wide smile on their faces. Aaliyah excuses herself from them as she walked away. Her brother was happy, Alhamdulilah for that, that was all she cared about.
      Just then, someone popped in front of her making her come to a halt. She almost cringed seeing the person in front of her. It was her distant cousin Farouk. She won't say she hated him because hate was a strong word but she disliked his a lot.
     "What are you doing here Farouk?" She asked crossing her arms on her check.