7

Another one ;)

        "Aaliyah, what are still doing in the restroom? Are you having a child in there?" Her mother shouted from the sitting room.
    Aaliyah walked out of the room wearing a black long dress. She ran down the stairs to the sitting room to see her mother looking angry.
    "Mummy, why are you looking at me that way? I didn't even stay that long in the restroom?" Aaliyah complained.
    "We have to leave in the next ten minutes, you know how I hate to arrive late at family gatherings. Never did so I would not start now" She explained to her daughter.
     "I am done mother, let's get going. I really do not know why I have to come with you"'Aaliyah whined, she was not really a fan of big gatherings, especially with people she didn't know.
    "Can you stop complaining Liya? You will go whether you like it and not and who knows you might see a responsible man who will propose to you" Her mother offered her a wide smile.
     "I knew it, this was why you wanted me to go. Mummy please, I don't want to get married and either do I want to engage in awkward conversations with unknown men" Aaliyah said.
    "Let go, your brother is waiting in the car" Her mother said as they walked out of the house and into the car which was parked at the front of the house.
    It was an hour and thirty minutes drive to location where the gatherings was held, it was one of the hotels which belonged to one of Aaliyah's uncles who was super wealthy.
     This was the first time Aaliyah was attending the gatherings as an adult, because she was always out of the country when it was held previously.
     They climbed out of the car and made their way to the hotels. The garage was filled with luxurious cars, Aaliyah was thankful to say she came from a wealthy family and she was thankfully to Allah for that.
    "Assalaamu Alaikum Zara" Her mother said hugging the round short woman who was wearing a beautiful white abaya.
     "Waalaikum Salaam Aminat, it's nice seeing you again" Zara smiled at Animat, who was Aaliyah's mother.
    "Oh my Allah, is this Aaliyah?" Zara pulled Aaliyah in a tight hug. "She is so big and more beautiful now MashaAllah"
    "Thank you very much Zara," Aminat said flashing her sister in law a full smile.
    "Assalaamu Alaikum Aunty Zara" The siblings greeted their aunt the same time.
    "Waalaikum Salaam beautiful kids, Malik is now a handsome gentleman" Zara smiled at them. "Come let's go inside, everyone is excited to meet you"
    The hall was so large and filled with people, normally the yearly family gatherings was not held during this time of the year but this year was different because Mr Azhar Salman who was Aaliyah's uncle expanded his business so he wanted to host a thanksgiving giving so he decided to host it together with the father gathering.
     Aaliyah and her brother were exhausted after greeting every single person in the hall, which was also fun because they got to see almost all of their cousins, aunties and uncles.
    "This place is beautiful, isn't it Mally?" Aaliyah smiled but her smile faded when she didn't receive a response from her brother. "Malik!" She said again but the man was engrossed in what he was looking at. Aaliyah followed his line of gaze to a beautiful lady who wore a brown skirt and black shirt. Her black hair held high in a neat bun.
      "Ya Allah, Malik get a hold of yourself" Aaliyah said nudging her brother in his chest.
     "That hurt Liya" He complained rubbing his shot where her elbow touched.
     "I saw that, she is very beautiful. Do you like her? You should go talk to her or her parents, no you should tell mother first and father too" She grabbed her brother's arm excitedly. "What is it ?why are you looking me like I have grown two horns on my head?" She asked.
    "What are you blabbing about Liya? I told you to stop reading all those romance novel of yours and I wasn't looking at her". He said.
    "You do know it's haram to lie right brother?" A smirk appeared across her lips.
    "I..mean, I was looking at her but that it's not what you think?" Malik said scratching the back of his head.
    "Oh my Allah, you like her don't you? Tell me for how long? I am so happy there would be a wedding soon" Aaliyah squealed
     "Will you tone it down Liya? Where are you getting this idea from? No body likes anybody here" Malik defended himself.
   "Oh really?...Maryam!" Aaliyah shouted to get the girl's attention, immediately Malik covered her mouth but it was already too late as she was walking towards them.
    "What is wrong with you?" Malik whispered to her.
  "Nothing Mally, I thought you said nobody likes anyone here" She said imitating her brother's voice.
   "I didn't...", "Assalaamu Alaikum" Maryam greeted, her voice soft and smooth like milk.
    "Waalaikum Salaam" They both answered, "How are enjoying the event?" Aaliyah said Maryam.
    "Alhamdulilah, it is beautiful" She said with a small smile.
     Aaliyah knew why her brother liked the lady, she was indeed beautiful and very intelligent. This was the second time she was meeting Maryam and the lady would make a wonderful wife for her brother.
     "I heard you are almost done with medicine school, that's very great although I can not imagine myself studying medicine, blood, dead bodies and all just ewww" Aaliyah said scrunching her nose which made Maryam laugh.
   "Well I am also not a fan of blood too but I had to get used to it." Maryam said.
    "What do you think of my brother Malik? He is a handsome man right?" Aaliyah said out of the blue.
    Maryam cheeks tinted pink as she lowered her head looking at her fingers.
    "See, she also agree that you are handsome Mally, so you think she's beautiful huh?" Aaliyah threw this question to her brother watching his eyes widened for a slit second.
    "I..I think she's beautiful. MashaAllah" He said watching the lady's blush deepen.
     "Waw, MashaAllah, MashaAllah. I am very hungry, I will go get something to eat while don't you talk for a while" Aaliyah walked out of them before they could response, they would thank her later when they were married. The smile on her face widened as she made her way to the kitchen.