20

Aaliyah was resuming work today, her leave finally ended and she couldn't tell if she happy or sad about going back to work. She sighed as she adjusted her veil for the tenth time this morning, she had a long pencil skirt, a turtleneck shirt and a  coat on top. She looked at the mirror again before she headed downstairs and out of the house, her mother had gone to pay Malik and his wife a visit because due to the early stage of her pregnancy she wasn't really feeling well.
      She sighed again as she worked in her office, now she realized she was actually happy to resume work, her colleagues came to her over to office to greet her and some even gave her flowers which was actually pretty sweet.
      "Hey Liya, it's good to have you back. Mr Anthony almost made me die from so much work load but now that you're here, I can be free". Rose said with a wide smile.
    "So that's why you missed me because of work Rose?" Aaliyah asked with a raised brow.
    "Oh no you misunderstood me sweetie, I have missed your presence here and you know I have no true friend here expect you so it's not just because of work." Rose answered, "Anyways, I have some files you have to give to the boss, thank you very much and I love you". Before Aaliyah could speak, Rose had rushed out of her office closing the door behind them.
     With a long sigh, she picked up the file and walked out of the office heading to Skyler's office. She placed a gentle knock before she opened the door, the man's eyes were fixed on the laptop with full concentration. "Keep it over there". He said coldly without even looking at her.
    "Okay sir". Aaliyah said a little hurt with with cold shoulder.
    Just then he looked up to her and his features immediately calmed, "forgive me Aaliyah, I didn't know it was you. I have been really busy with this project". Skyler said with a gentle smile, it was almost as if it wasn't the same man who had answered her so coldly.
    "It's no problem sir, I just had to bring this over". Aaliyah said as she placed the files on the table.
    "It's good to have you back here Aaliyah" He said looking at her with a full smile making Aaliyah heart swell.
    Voices from the other side of the door made them turn to look at the door as two women walked in. "I am sorry sir, I told her to wait outside but she didn't listen". His secretary apologized sincerely.
    Skyler's warm eyes turned cold as he looked at the woman. "Leave us" The secretary and Aaliyah moved to walk out of the office when he spoke. "Not you Aaliyah, sit down there". His cold voice made her follow his instructions and sit quietly.
     "What are you doing here Vanessa?" Skyler asked coldly staring at the woman.
    "Oh my dear Kyle, is that how to welcome your long fiancée. It's been a while". Vanessa said with a smile, her black short dress moving upwards as she moved.
    "Ex Vanessa and what are you doing here? You better have a good reason to be here or I will ask the security to throw you out"  Skyler said in a stern voice.
    "Awwwn, my sweet Kyle is so cold now, you still haven't moved on. How long has it been? Two years? Three years? I can't remember". She said checking out her nails.
    "I will not be asking you again Vanessa" Skyler said coldly.
    "Why so harsh? I am here to see you, it's been a while since I did, I came into town with my boyfriend last week so I decided to see you, you really have grown more handsome now I feel almost bad for leaving you". Her words made him clench his  fists and a smirk appeared on her red painted lips.
     "Thank you for your visit Vanessa, you may leave now before I make you leave". Skyler said.
     "Jeez, you are making me all turned on with your cold shoulder Kyle." She turned her head to look at Aaliyah who was sitting down and watching the whole thing. "Who are you? I thought he told you to leave us". Before Aaliyah could reply, Skyler best her to it. "She won't be leaving, you are and I advise you do it now Vanessa. I am not a very patient man". He warned.
     Vanessa looked at Skyler and then to Aaliyah and back to Skyler a slow wicked smile forming across her lips. "Oh, how stupid of me not to have realized it. So she's your mistress, I mean she's not all bad but you could have done better". She crossed her arms on her chest.
     "Get out of my office Vanessa" Skyler almost screamed at her, it was taking him everything now to pull her out of his building by her hair.
     "I see I hit a nerve, she must really be your mistress. Kyle baby I bet she's not good in bed like I was, I bet she doesn't make you go crazy with needs like I do, you could...."
    "You are a shameless woman, how can you speak of something like that so loosely? Have you no manners?" Aaliyah was the one to speak now, her anger growing by the minute.
    "Oh, your wh*re can speak how wonderful" Vanessa smiled.
    "Get the f*ck out of my office Vanessa, I swear to God this is the last warning I will be giving you". Skyler burned in anger.
    "I am sure he mentions my name every time you f*ck" She said facing Aaliyah.
    "I never even heard of you, I would really scold Skyler because how could he had such low standards? Like where did he get you from? The brothel. I could only imagine how many diseases he had to treat because of you" That sentence made Vanessa's smile fall, her eyes widened as she clenched her fists tightly. "You b*tch.." she raised her hand and just as she was about to hit Aaliyah, Skyler caught her hand. "Touch a single hair on her body and I will f*cking make sure you rot in jail" He warned whispering to her.
     "Let go of me , you.." she tried to pull her hand from his grip and he let go of her making her fall to the ground.
    Just then two security men walked into the office, "Take this woman out of my sight, and if you ever see her anywhere close to this building call the cops" Skyler said.
     "Yes sir" The men held her and pulled her out of the words with her shouting words they couldn't hear.
     Silence filled the room as the drama queen had been taken away, Skyler took a deep breath to calm himself before he turned to look at Aaliyah who just stood there looking at him. "Aaliyah" He said gently as he took a step forward but Aaliyah turned around and walked out of the office slamming the door behind her.
    "F*ck" Skyler said covering his face with his palms.