23

My beautiful readers,  I am here again, I hope you enjoy this chapter:) ❤️

      Aaliyah could not wait for Skyler's text as she constantly checked her phone for messages to pop up . Even though it was weird and not her she just couldn't stop her heart from beating fast whenever her phone made a sound.
     She had just finished her Isha (night prayers) and was reading an Islamic book but her mind was no where in what she was reading. With a loud sigh, she closed the book and kept it neatly on the shelf
     Her eyes landed on the set of boxes on her table as she smiled, she was yet to unbox some of her present from her birthday party. She couldn't deny that  day was perfect, she had a lot of fun and felt so special and overwhelmed with the amount of love she received.
    She almost broke into tears many times that night but her cousin kept going on and on about not ruining her makeup so she had to suck it all in. She picked one of the boxes and placed it on her lap, just as she was about to open it her phone beeped.
      Her heart skipped a bit as she grabbed her phone and unlocked it.
   Assalaamu Alaikum Liya,
        Can I come get you by 8pm? That is if you are still interested in meeting up with me. I will be waiting for your response. Thank you :)
   Aaliyah smiled as she saw the message, he was so polite even if they had concluded their meeting he was still asking about it. She quickly texted him a response with a smile on her face.
     She had like an hour to prepare for her outing, which she began to get ready.
      Wearing a red long sleeves silk dress which was wrapped around her body nicely. She looked like a model going to walk on the runway. She wore a white under cap and a white scarf on her head.
      She grabbed her bag and phone as she made her way downstairs only to see her mother sitting on the couch with a cup in her hand.
     "Mum, I am going out now and why are you smiling like that ." Aaliyah said to her mother was staring at her with a wide smile.
      "Nothing, nothing at all my dear. Let's go meet him" Aminat said her smile still on her face.
     Skyler was already waiting for Aaliyah outside her house, as Aaliyah and her mother walked out of their house to see him.
      "Assalaamu Alaikum ma, hope you're doing well this evening?" Skyler greeted with a polite smile.
      "Waalaikum Salaam Skyler, and I told you to call me Aminat Anyways I am good how about you?" Aminat asked him.
       "I will remember that ma'am, and I am well too thank you". He replied with a smile.
        Aminat just smiled at his words, "Well, Alright take care of yourselves and bring my daughter back before midnight if not she will be sleeping outside and you will be in big trouble ". Her mother warned looking at him sternly.
      "Alright ma, I will take care of her and bring her back safely before you know it I promise that. Assalaamu Alaikum." Skyler said with a polite smile.
     "Good, I will be taking you to your words. Have a nice time. Waalaikum Salaam and fi'amanilullah" Aminat said.
     "Ameen, fi'amanilullah" They both responded as Skyler led Aaliyah to his car and opened the door for her to step in.
     He walked to the other side and hopped into the car as they zoomed off. The ride was quiet as they did not know how to speak to each other. Skyler was nervous as he did not want to say anything to offend her or ruin things while Aaliyah did not know how to act or what to say as she had never gone out with a man who wasn't her family member.
     "Do you have any place in mind? Somewhere you like to go to" He asked finally breaking the silence.
      "No no at all, anywhere is fine with me" Aaliyah answered without looking at him, although she could feel his gaze on her.
       "Alright then, I will just take you to a famous club now". He said making Aaliyah turn to him with widened eyes.
      "Astagfirullah, you can not take me to a club that is haram". Aaliyah almost shouted at him.
      A laugher erupted from him as he rested his head on the headrest of the chair. "You should see your face, you look so adorable and calm down my lady, I am Muslim now so I know it's haram". Skyler said with a warm smile.
      Aaliyah's face immediately turned red and she was thankful that it was night so he couldn't see her flushed face. "A-alright" with that she turned to look outside the window.
     "Liya, I am sorry if I offended you but I was just trying to ease the atmosphere so you would become comfortable with me". Skyler said staring between her and the road.
     "No no, it's not like that I am not offended, you're words just took me by surprise. That's all and I am comfortable". She tried to explain.
     "Are you sure about that?" His eyes moved to her hand which was tightly grabbing her purse. Aaliyah followed his gaze and immediately let go of her purse.
     "Honestly I am comfortable with you it's just that this is all new for me so I really don't know how I feel". She let out a sigh gently rubbing her fingers.
    "I totally understand and I will not push you to do what you do not want you to do, I want you to know that you are safe with me. I just want you to open up to me cause we have a long night ahead" He offered her a warm smile, the kind of smile that made one melt.
    She had to force herself to look away from his intoxicating eyes, she swallowed the lump in her throat and returned his smile. "Thank you very much Skyler, you are a good person".
      "And you are the most wonderful woman I have met". The red on her cheek deepened as she looked away from him, his smile widened as they continued their journey.