12

Hey loves 🤍
     I am here again ;)
      I hope you enjoy this chapter.
         (WARNING:Strong language below)

    Skyler felt her eyes on him as he raised his eyes to look at her, he could see the question in her eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked.
     "Yes I am, are you done?" She asked, as he placed the cutleries on the table neatly.
     "Yes I am, thank you. The food was good" Skyler said with a smile as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.
    "You are welcome" Aaliyah said as she called the waiter to take the remains to the kitchen. "So you really own the hotel?" She asked again, it was so surprising to her.
    "Yes I do" He smiled, watching her as she played with the bangles around her wrist.
    "That's really wonderful, I really love that hotel" Aaliyah admitted.
    "Oh it seems I have good taste, I can also give it to you as a wedding gift" He said, he imagined her getting married to someone and the thought just made her uncomfortable.
    "That would be a very long time" Aaliyah said with a sigh, marriage was the least thing in her mind.
    "So you don't have someone you want to marry or intend to marry?" He asked her.
    "Well, none for now. Besides a man has to ask for my hand in marriage and for now, none has caught my attention". Aaliyah explained.
    It felt good knowing she had no one in her mind, "You are wonderful woman, when the time is right the perfect man would come for you". Even though he didn't like the idea of another man marrying her, he knew she deserved the best.
    "Thank you, but I doubt that would happen any time soon because most of them want me for my family fame and money and once they know I have a mouth of my own they begin to rethink". She explained.
    "You are wonderful woman and any man who has a good sense would want to marry you Aaliyah". Even I would marry you. He said to himself before clearing his throat, where did that thought come from? He hadn't considered marriage in a long time why now.
    Before Aaliyah could reply him, his ringing phone caught his attention, he pulled the phone out of his pocket and placed it on his ear answering the call.
   "Yes, is he okay? Alright I will be there shortly" He said hanging up the call, the atmosphere around his tensed.
    "Is there a problem sir?" Aaliyah asked watching him clutching his jaw tightly,
    "Yes, I have to leave now" He said and stood up from the chair heading out the hall.
     "I will see you to your car" Aaliyah said as she trailed behind him, watching as his muscles flexed as he moved his arm.
     They didn't walk for long before they stood by his black Benz. He turned around to face her. "Thank you very much Aaliyah, this was a beautiful party" He said with a smile but his smile didn't reach his eyes.
     "Thank you Skyler, have a wonderful night and safe journey" Aaliyah said flashing him a warm smile.
     "You too dear, I have to go now" With that he hopped into his car and zoomed off. Aaliyah watched his car till it was out of sight, her thought wondering what the emergency could be? She only prayed everything was fine and the emergency wasn't too serious. She sighed and walked back into the hall.

      Skyler was speeding like his life depended on it, his fingers running through his now loosened hair. Immediately he drove into his estate, he jumped out of the car and ran into his house. He saw his sister on the couch rubbing her hands together.
    "Where is he?" Skyler asked looking at her with worried eyes.
    "In his room" Claire answered, and Skyler took long strides towards his son's room, he pushed opened the door and walked into the room, his eyes fell on his son who was lying on the bed looking pale.
    "Oh my God, Mason" Skyler rushed to his son, gently sitting on the bed caressing his son's hand.
     "Thankfully, it wasn't anything serious. He will be fine, he just need to rest and take the medicine I prescribed for him".  The doctor explained.
   "Thank you Doc," Skyler said without looking at the doctor.
    "Let's allow him rest for now, he would be up in the next four hours or so." The doctor said before walking out of the room.
    Skyler kissed Mason's head before he stepped out of the room following the doctor who was already speaking to his sister.
    "Thank you doc, we are very grateful." Claire said with a sad smile.
    "You are welcome, I have to leave now I have patients waiting for me at the hospital and please don't let him get to the pool again, he was lucky this time but he might not the next time it happens" The doctor explained.
    "We will be much careful now, thank you" Claire said, walking the doctor to the door
      "How the fuck did this happen?" Skyler said his sister when she returned to the living room.
     "I went to the mall leaving him with Martha, I also got a call from her" Claire explained.
     "Martha! Martha!" Skyler's deep voice echoed in the house as his nanny walked into the room, her whole body shaking from fear.
     She walked into the living room in slow steps, tugging her blonde hair behind her ear. "Y..yes sir" she whispered, keeping a good distance between her boss and herself.
    "What the fuck happened?" He asked her, his eyes burning with rage.
    "I..I..was in the kitchen making his dinner, he was playing around so he ran to the backyard.., I..I.. only went to check on him when his toy wasn't making any noise." Martha explained, swallowing the lump in her throat.
    "I don't pay you so much fucking money to play around Martha, I pay you to take care of my son but you clearly aren't doing your fucking job well. Do you know what would have happened if you were one minute late?" Skyler roared in anger, his whole body burning in anger.
     "I..I.. am sorry sir, please forgive me. It was a mistake it would never happen again" Martha begged almost in tears.
   "Oh, I know because there would be no next time, get your things and get the fuck out of my house". Skyler said surprising the two women.
    "Please sir, forgive me. I will be more careful next time. Please, don't take this job away from me". Martha begged, tears rushing down her face. She couldn't afford to lose this job not when her whole life depended on the salary he paid her.
    "You should have thought of that before my son almost drowned" Skyler hissed.
    "Kyle, please. Do not let your anger get into your head, let's talk this over, everyone makes mistakes" Claire added.
    "Oh don't fuck with me now Claire. I can't keep people that make silly mistakes around my son" Skyler said making his way to his room. "I will talk to him Martha, just go home for now". He heard his sister say.