26

Life had been getting busy for Aaliyah as she was going to get married in two weeks. She and Skyler thought to get married earlier because there was no need waiting for a long time. Two weeks ago he proposed to her and two days after that he visited her family with his friend and sister because apparently his parents were still out of town but they would be in town before the wedding.
      Skyler had given her a long break from work to prepare properly so the stress would be exhausting  for her. Even though she refused saying it was not a big deal Skyler still found way to make her stay away from work.
     Now she was glad that she did that because she was exhausted from all the shopping and fittings. Yesterday her mother and cousin took her to a designer's shop to get her wedding dress designed. Thankfully the designer assured them that the dress would be ready before the wedding, at least that was off her shoulders.
       It was already evening and she and Skyler were supposed to meet in her mother's cafe after he was done with work.
    She was seated having a piece of cake and a cup of hot chocolate, and someone walked in making her face stiffen.
     "How are you doing my beautiful rose?" Farouk said standing opposite her as he leaned on the counter
     "Don't call me that Farouk and what are you doing here? Don't you have something important to do" She asked him showing no sign of welcome.
    "I came to see you because I keep hearing this rumor that you're marrying that white man" Farouk said with questioning eyes.
    "Rumors? There is none and you heard right. I am getting married to Skyler" Aaliyah responded proudly, she could see the vein popping out on his forehead.
     "Really? I thought I made it clear that you are mine, and I will be the only man you will be marrying" A forced smile formed on his face.
     "You need help Farouk and I advice you should seek it soon unless you want to get worst. Please if you have nothing better to do then leave, you're beginning to become an eyesore" Aaliyah said, she was in a good mood which she didn't want this man to ruin.
     "To think you were actually a gold digger along is heartbreaking Aaliyah, we both know you are marrying that man because of his money" Farouk said between his gritted teeth.
     Aaliyah knew there was no point arguing with this man, he was so frustrated as it is. "I have enough money to last me a lifetime Farouk and thinking about it you are the only gold digger here because you have no penny to your name. How about you look for a job to do than bothering me."
     "You have a sharp mouth Aaliyah, and I love feisty women, we will see how well you can use your mouth. Have fun for now I will be back to take what is rightfully mine" Farouk said with an ugly smile on his face.
      "You..", The door of the cafe opened and Skyler walked in with mason beside him. "Till we meet again beautiful rose" Farouk smirked at Aaliyah before walking past Skyler and exiting the cafe
      Skyler just stared at the weird man as he walked out of the cafe. His eyes went back to Aaliyah who looked confused and scared. "Is there a problem Liya? You don't look okay" He asked walking to her in quick steps.
      "No not at all there's no problem, I am okay" Aaliyah replied with a smile.
      Skyler who was not convinced gave her a questioning look. "Is it about the man who walked out? Did he do something? Who is he?" He bombarded her with questions.
     Aaliyah smiled at the concern in his eyes, "Skyler, I'm okay seriously, you don't worry about him." She assured him.
     "Alright Liya, if you say so" Skyler said lowly as his mind wondered who the man was and what they had spoken about.
      "Miss Liya!!!" Mason shouted as he ran into her arms almost knocking her to the ground.
       "Waw Mason, your dad was right you have grown so strong" Aaliyah said as she placed a long kiss on his cheek making him giggle.
       "Yes, daddy say I am a big boy now, look I'm growing muscles" He pulled the sleeve of his shirt up showing her his tiny arm.
     Aaliyah pressed her lips together to stop her from laughing as she stared at the adorable boy. "That's wonderful Mace. You sure will be big like your daddy"
      "Yes! Yes!! I would like that" Mason smiled happily still wrapping his arm around Aaliyah's neck.
      "I made some chocolate cookies for you, come sit" Aaliyah said and the little boy jumped happily as he followed Aaliyah to the kitchen as she placed four cookies in a small plate and handed it to him.
     "Thank you miss liya" He smiled widely as Aaliyah helped him up the chair.
      "You are welcome sweetie" She responded and placed a kiss on his cheek again.

     "How long do I wait for my lady? I am dying to touch you" Skyler whispered close to her ears as he stood behind her, as he watched Aaliyah and his son he was reminded why he loved this woman and couldn't wait to make her his wife.
      Aaliyah swallowed and turned around taking a step backwards. "Till you sign the nikkah form Mr Skyler, till then keep your hands to yourself" She said.
      "Urgggh" Skyler groaned as he ran his fingers through his back hair. He had waited for this long so why not a few days more. "Alright sweetheart, till then"
      She simply smiled, "so tell how is work going?" She asked.
      "Work is going well Alhamdulilah, I closed a new deal with the Chinese company so yeah everything is wonderful" He smiled.
     "That's good, congratulations Skyler. I am proud of you" Aaliyah said making the man smile more. "And your cousin? Has he arrived yet?"
      "Yes he has, he came in a few days ago but has been busy with work" Skyler answered.
       "Oh, alright" Aaliyah replied, Skyler's parents were coming to turn very soon and she was nervous meeting them although she worked with his father and he is a very good and kind man. She just wondered if they would accept her for their son.