17

Hey beautiful souls 🤍. I am deeply sorry for running off for so many days. I had a lot of things going on for this past few days so I couldn't upload any chapter, Alhamdulilah things are getting better so I won't be taking so long to upload a new chapter. Anyways, hope you are all well? And hope the Ramadan has been going wonderful?

It was Friday and Aaliyah walked out of her house wearing a blue long dress and a black veil over her head. Ramadan was starting tomorrow and Aaliyah's excitement was through the roof. She had prepared properly for this. Actually, she had been prepared for over two weeks now. That's how excited she was.
It was a few minutes past five and Aaliyah and her mother were in their way to the mall to get some foods and vegetables for iftar (Food for breaking fast). There were a whole lot of new recipes Aminat wanted to try this Ramadan.
The mall was filled up like usual because everyone was busy with the Ramadan preparations and Easter was coming up soon.
"Hurry up Aaliyah, you should go over to that aisle while I go over there so this will be quick, make sure you check the veggies well" Her mother said walking away from her heading to the other side of the mall.
With a sigh, Aaliyah picked the cart and made her way to the veggies compartment. She looked through her phone making sure she got everything she needed.
"Miss Liya!" Aaliyah turned to look at the direction where she heard her name coming from. She saw a little boy running towards her, he had black shorts and a white shirt on, a toy car in his hand.
"Hey Mason". Aaliyah said with a smile as she bent down to the boy's height, he took her off guard as he wrapped his small hands around her neck and hugged her tightly.
"Miss Liya, I missed you". The little boy said as he pulled away from her smiling widely.
"I missed you too love, how are you doing?" She asked caressing the boy's cheek.
Before the boy could reply, his father walked towards them. "Don't run away from me like that buddy" Skyler said, a smile appearing across his face as his eyes landed on Aaliyah. "Good evening Aaliyah "
"Good evening sir...Skyler" She called him his name seeing the displeasure in his eyes when he heard 'sir'.
"How are you doing Aaliyah? Hope you are enjoying your leave?" He asked with a small smile across his face.
"I am doing well, thank you. And I am enjoying it quite well. How about you? How are you doing?" She asked him watching him run his long fingers through his hair which was a bit shorter, disappointment sipping through her as she liked his long hair. Astagfirullah! Why was she thinking about his hair?!
"Very well Aaliyah, thanks for asking" An awkward silence past between them as their attention was pulled by Mason who was pulled on Aaliyah's dress.
"What is it love?" Aaliyah asked him, looking at the boy who was surprisingly very happy to see her.
"Can I get the ice-cream?" He asked pointing to the ice cream which was in the fridge.
Aaliyah turned to look at Skyler who shook his head in disagreement, "pleaaseee". The boy begged making a sad face to her.
This boy was so cute! She couldn't say no to that cute face. "Alright Mason, just one". She whispered to the boy as he jumped happily. "Which of them do you want? What's your favorite flavor?" She asked him.
"I love cho..co..." , "He loves chocolate". Skyler said completing the word for his son. "Yes I like chocolate". Mason shouted happily.
"Alright". Aaliyah smiled at him, she opened the fridge and pulled out a small container of chocolate ice cream before handing it to the boy. "Here you go love"
"Thank you! Thank you!" Mason jumped around happily, staring at his ice cream with full concentration.
"Why are you taking...." They all turned their heads to see Aaliyah's mother walked towards them with a cart in front of her.
"Hello, why are taking so long here?" Her eyes moved from Skyler to Mason and then Aaliyah who was already turning red.
"Mum, sorry about that. This is my boss Mr Skyler Anthony and his son Mason. Skyler, this is my mother " Aaliyah introduced the duo.
"Good evening ma'am, it's nice to meet you ". Skyler greeted with a polite smile.
"Good evening Skyler, please call me Aminat . The pleasure is mine dear, your son is a fine young man" Aminat said patting the little boy's head.
"Thank you Aminat, Your daughter is a beautiful woman I now see where she got it from" Skyler said with a grin on his face.
"Skyler.." Aaliyah called as she looked at him, her face turning red in embarrassment.
"Oh thank you" Aminat smiled widely, seeing how the man's words affected her daughter.
"You are welcome, it's pretty late. I have to be on my way home. And Ramadan Kareem, I heard you guys are starting fasting tomorrow" Skyler said glancing at his watch which was on his wrist, a proud smile on his face as the words came out better than expected.
"Thank you very much and Oh yes it is getting pretty late, have a won...." "Skyler, speaking of Ramadan if you are less busy tomorrow, come join us for iftar at my house." Aminat interrupted her daughter, looking at Skyler as she waited for his reply.
"I really do not want to cause any inconvenience" Skyler tried to decline but deep in him, he was excited by the invitation, he couldn't believe Aaliyah's mother was inviting him for dinner. Don't ask how he knew what iftar meant. He did a little research about Ramadan.
"Oh nonsense, I insist, you should bring your son too. I would love to have you over, isn't that true Aaliyah?" Aminat eyes moved to her daughter, whose eyes were almost popping out of its sockets
"Y..yes yes, we will love to have you over" Aaliyah regained her calm and sent them a small smile.
"Oh thank you, I accept your invitation. I will be there by 6" Skyler said trying to keep his face neutral.
"Wonderful then, we should get going. Have a wonderful night and take care till then" Aminat said with a smile as she pulled her daughter along with her.
"Good bye Mrs Aminat, Aaliyah" Bye Miss Liya" Mason and his father shouted from behind them, "Take care love" it was only Aaliyah's words Skyler heard, 'love' even though he knew she meant it for his son. He couldn't stop his heart from skipping a beat, oh Lord. What he would do to get her to call him love?!
With a sigh, he grabbed his son's hand. "C'mon bud, let's go home"