21

He had not seen Aaliyah for days now and it killed him to know she was trying to hide from him. When he tried to speak to her she would come up with something and then leave his presence again. He was sick and tired of it all and he had to speak to her and explain things. Even though he still had no idea why she was angry at him but still he still feel the need to explain things to her
     Running his fingers through his hair roughly, he pushed his chair backwards and walked out of his office, placing a gentle knock on her office door he opened the door and locked it behind him.
    "What are you doing sir?" Aaliyah said, frown lines settling on her forehead as she looked at the door.
    "Calm down Aaliyah, I really need to talk to you. I know you have been avoiding it all week and it's driving me crazy so please let me explain things to you" Skyler asked.
    "Can you please unlock the door? I don't want my colleagues thinking otherwise and it's not safe to be in the same room with a man". Aaliyah waited for him to comply with her.
    "Alright, I am sorry about that". Skyler apologized and unlocked the door. "Can we talk now?"
    "Of course, you can sit". Aaliyah said taking her seat opposite him as he did the same.
    "Firstly, I want to apologize for how things turned out that day, I had no idea Vanessa was going to be visiting my office". Skyler said genuinely.
    "It's no problem, it's in the past and forgotten" Aaliyah assured him with a small smile.
    "Thank you, that's nice to hear. Vanessa and I were supposed to get married a month after I proposed to her but it didn't happen cause she cheated on me with an older man" Sadness laced his voice as he explained.
    "I am sorry about that" Aaliyah said gently, she really did not know how else to response to his words, she was never the one to console for a heartbreak.
    "Nah, it's all in the past. I have moved on and no longer thinking about her, but it pains me deeply to know she is the mother of my son and I wish more than anything that I could change that". He added.
    "She is the mother of Mason?" Aaliyah asked with widened eyes.
    "Unfortunately she is, that b*tch tried to abort my child when I called off the wedding but thankfully it wasn't successful. I had to threaten her if she ever tried it again which she obeyed and carried my son till he was born. She left the hospital two days after he was born and I hadn't seen or had anything from her till that day". Skyler explained, his expression moving from sadness to anger.
    "That's horrible, it must have been really difficult to raise a child on your own". Aaliyah said.
     "It was really difficult, I was still suffering from my heartbreak at that time and my company was failing but I had to stay strong for my son. My parents were also good support to my son and I" He explained.
    Aaliyah could not imagine having to take care of a child without its mother, some would have given the child up for adoption but he was strong enough to raise his son. "You did well with Mason and everything, you should be proud of yourself" she said with honesty.
     "I guess so, and I am glad Mason turned out to be nothing like his mother. And I want him to have nothing to do with her too" He said sternly.
     "And when he asks for his mother? What will you tell him?" Aaliyah asked.
     "The truth, I will tell him the truth about his mother. To be honest, she really doesn't deserve to be his mother. And soon I will give him a mother who will love and cherish him" Skyler said looking straight into her eyes.
     Aaliyah felt his hot gaze on her face as she looked away, "Are you getting married soon?" She asked.
     "Well..yes, I mean no. I haven't told her yet but I wish to marry her as soon as possible." He smiled widely.
    "Oh, that's wonderful". Aaliyah flashed him a tight smile, her heart fell at his confession. All this while she thought..., how stupid she was to even think of....Astaghfirullah.
     "Well it is, she is someone you know very very well and I will show you to her one day". Skyler said.
     "Oh, alright" Aaliyah tried to keep her expression calm and relaxed, there was no way she was going to let this man know his words affected her.
    "Yeah, so are we good now? Are you going to stop avoiding me?" He said
     "Yes we are good and I wasn't avoiding you, I was just busy when you wanted to talk" Aaliyah replied.
     "You're right Liya, Anyways I had to go back to finish what I was doing, and I have to thank you giving me time to explain to you I truly feel better talking to you" He admitted.
    "It's alright, I also had some work to finish up. That's no problem you can always talk to me if you want to feel better".
    "Thank you once again, have a nice day". With that he walked out of her office, Aaliyah slumped deeply in her chair, she was beyond disappointed knowing Skyler was going to be married soon, she now wondered who the lucky woman was, he had said she knew her very well but Aaliyah could not think of anyone she knew very well.
      Pushing the thought to the back of her head she let out a loud sigh, it was really none of her business who he was getting married to even though the main thought of that hurts.
     She sighed again before adjusting her self on the chair and looking at her laptop. There was so much work to be done, there is no time to be sulking over a man, she concluded before burying her head in her work.