Standards []Sniper x reader[]

It's was cool that night; almost a little chilly... finally. The perfect weather to finally sleep without that noisy metal fan.
The ambience shifted from uncomfortably squeaky, to a perfectly eire silent as you settled down to rest in the bed of your favorite person.

Speaking of which, he just got home.

The silence broke perfectly as he approached the van and even within your deep sleep, you could feel the light shift of the van paired with the soft click-click of the door opening, then slowly closing. Even with your back to the entrance, you know it was him. you could already smell the dry, cut grass and gun-smoke that stained his jacket from where you lay. Even with your eyes closed you could vividly see him in the back of your mind, slipping out of his now dirty work attire, hanging his hat up and kicking away his boots before sitting at the edge of the bed.

He didn't bother weaseling his way under the sheets, he didn't want to disturb you, so he opted to just rest on the space next to you... with a small, goofy smile, he reaches out, lovingly running his calloused hand over your shoulder, protected by the plush quilt he had brought out that morning when he caught wind of the cold front.

He ran his hand down your side to your waist, his other arm slipping skillfully underneath the small of your back, pulling himself close, holding you in a warm embrace. He nestles his face into the crook of your neck, his un-trimmed stubble scratchy against your skin. You hum softly in bliss, as you turn to his gaze, meeting his steely blue eyes.
You reach up to his face, slowly running your hand over his jaw, the bristles of his just a little too long stubble tickling your fingertips.
"You know... you should keep it like this..."

He lets out a silent snort, before cupping his own hand over yours, dwarfing it.
"Yeah? Maybe i'll just do that."
He widely smiles, the corners of his mouth gently lifting over his teeth, as he leads your grip to his lips where he plants a small kiss over your knuckles.
"Did I wake you, babe?" He shifts to a more concerned tone.

You scoot closer, resting your forehead on his collarbone.
"No... no you didn't, don't worry."
He nods in confirmation before settling his chin on the top of your head, still holding you close in his strong arms.
"....Thank you."
You let out a small confused grunt, looking up towards him once again
"For what?"
"For lowering your expectations for me."
"Lowering my... what?-I didn't lower anything for you."

He turns his head to rest his cheek on you, squealing you gently
"Ah nah, no need to be soft about it... I know when someone is out of my league, and it's a miracle you decided to settle with me."

You pull back gently, looking him in the eyes
"I didn't 'settle', you know. I don't settle. I should be thanking YOU for lowering your standards for ME."
He shakes his head
"Nope, that's not how it went- look, you've heard me say it before so let me say it again. 'Professionals have standards.'"
This is something you've head him say a few times when talking about work... including with the interview tapes when he joined Mann CO.

"--And these standards extend into my personal life, as well as my work. I hold high standards towards the people I interact with and, well..."
He leans for ward, planting a kiss onto the top of your nose "...you surpass them greatly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Been thinking about this for a while, so here it be-

Also, Sorry for the late post, and the inactivity, college be kickin' me ass... but I'm thinking on making a full book on single character fluff stories and whatnot, lmk what you guys think

Have an awesome day/night, luv