Head in the clouds []Pyro x reader[]

Request from TiaAllum
Sorry if it's weird or not what you were expecting, it's 4 am and my brain don't work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It shouldn't come as a surprise that the Pyro is a little... odd.
On the battlefield, they're a vicious, body burning machine, but at the base... he's just a guy behind a mask... a guy who's been acting a bit strange the past few weeks....
Well, stranger than usual.

The scout was the first to notice this, when he was making his way down to the mess hall. He passed the fire bug, sitting on the floor, talking to the wall.
When e walked up and asked him what was going on, the pyro turned and responded to him in a muffled fashion, as pyros do.

Jeremy, rightfully confused, tried to look to see if he was actually talking to someone, to see nothing there.
The scout gave him a shrug, and the pyros shoulders slumped slightly.
He lifted his mask slightly and said again "I'm talking to (Y/N). Do you want something?"
As The Bostonian shook his head, Pyro plopped his mask back on and started to mutter away back at the concrete wall.
He didn't take it as too unusual. Unusual for the pyro, that is.
Until something was added to this spark of mystery.

Dell, the lovable Engie, was up late, working on a blueprint. He got frustrated and went outside to et some air, When he saw the unmasked Pyro sneaking out.
This was concerning and confusing, but it wasn't his business. He trusted he would come back, he trusted he knew what he was doing.

The man came back that morning, seeming to be in an extremely good mood.
This wasn't uncommon, but something was different about it.

At first, the teammates didn't acknowledge it, brushing it off as normal pyro deeds.
But as time went on, the feeling he gave off didn't fade, and they started to notice it.
It wasn't as much as concern as it was just wanting to know why he was in such a good mood all the time.

They saw him making things, drawing things, even bringing dead bushes into the base to an unknown figure. Half of the team thought it was just an "imaginary friend" thanks to Jeremys experience before.

Pyro called the Spy into his room, one day. His mask was off and his hair was frizzed.
"Friend, can you help me?"
Not wanting to be there, but also not wanting to get hurt, he responded "Yes? What is it?"
Pyro took a breath and asked this to him, surprising him slightly.
"It's (Y/N). My special, special star. I want to make her happy but, I don't know how! I have so many ideas but, none are good enough! Not for her... she's my angel, and I want to make her time around me the best time ever! So... where's a good place to... take her out? And, can I borrow one of your suits?"

What surprised him wasn't the fact he had an "angel" it was that he wanted one of his suits for his little pretend 'play date'.

When the spy came back to the others, he spilt the details.
Not exactly believing him, they decided to make sure he wasn't doing anything... too illegal, they followed him the next time he went out.

And where did he go?

To the park...
Alone...
At night...
And he sat there.

For a good 2 hours.
Before coming back home.

So he was really just... going out for that?
The Fire bender came to breakfast that day, gushing over a (Y/N) chick.
Someone they knew was fake, they saw the proof they need.
She was a figment if his imagination, and they were getting tired of hearing these made up stories.

Scout was the first to break his talking streak.
"Hey! Can you shut it? We know you're just making a fake girl to make yourself feel better, but we're tired of it."

This made him go silent.
And it made the others silent, too.

He got up.

And walked to his room.

And that was it.

Until there was a knock at the door.
The medic opened it to reveal a (Y/H) woman with (H/C) hair, peering into the german mans eyes.

"Hello, sir! Is Aiden in?"
The doctor was confused if it was an accident by chance... or...
"Uh... who?"
"Uh...The... pyro? I think that's what he said?"
...(Y/N)

Medic held the door open for the girl, and guided her to the living room.
"Sit here. I'll go get him."
"Ok."

What a nice man. And what a nice base! You thought, looking at the scenery around you.
Not noticing the passing, opened eyed gazes and voices of the mercs behind you.
Until one filled your ears.
"(Y/N)..? You actually came!"

As soon as you turn around, you were engulfed in red
And a smile press across your face as you embraced the exited bouncing man-child in your arms.
"Hey! I'm so sorry I didn't make it to our spot last night! My cars tire burst and-"
"It doesn't matter anymore- you're here!"
He let out a small squeal as he turned i the others standing behind him
"Guys... this is (Y/N)!"

"Your angel, right?"
Engi but in first, making you blush
"Is that how he addressed me?" You turned to meet his red face.
You let out a snicker and ruffled his hair
"You dummy."

"We thought you were...well... fake."
Scout stepped forward, and added.
You looked to him with a playful "mad" expression.
"What's that supposed to mean, punk?"

Apparently he thought it was fake, and started to open his mouth to stutter back an excuse when you broke the tension with a giggle.
"What? Did you think I was make believe? That this cutie here made me up?"

There was a silent nod.

Then a small sigh escaped your mouth, and you began to explain the basics of your relationship, how you met, when and where you meet usually, and pyro even explained why he would talk to walls and junk.

It was to practice.

To practice to get the perfect words for the person he saw as perfect.

[]
1052
Words
[]