Zephaniah(3)

Zephaniah

I let sleep take over, and my dreams follow behind, and behind I was. Suddenly I'm in front of a mirror, staring at my dad who staring at his reflection. As if I didn't exist to him, he look like my brother, an exact replicate. As if he couldn't see me, he said over and over again he was sorry, but to this reflection, In the mirror, I scream "what's wrong, why are you sorry", and as if he couldn't hear me he just continues to say sorry. My dad shook his head no and looked back at the mirror, he said he was sorry again. Even though he looks exactly like my brother, this my dad, I recognized his voice anywhere.

I continue to yell and nothing is said to me necessarily, just more "I'm sorry" I turn around to check out my surroundings, everything was pitch black, except this mirror which was glowing, that's the only way I could see my father. I look back at the mirror screaming my dad's name and nothing, but "I'm sorry" still being repeated. I give up and watch him say " I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," it brought tears to my eyes, and I mumbled to myself, I love you, daddy. Every sorry he said, I said I love you back. My dad move his hands on top of the mirror and I did the same. Instead my hands were red, I look again and confusion wasn't even the start of it, I started crying harder. Why are my hands red.

I look back at the mirror and ask my dad, I know he can't hear me but I'm still in shock, "daddy!! Why!! Daddy what's going on", he repeatedly says "I'm sorry."

I look around and everything is still pitch black and the mirror still glowing, I yell "what the fuck is going on" my dad's hands are still on the mirror, and he continues to say sorry, I yell once again "what is going on"!! I fall to my knees, but I just keep falling and the mirror falls with me though, not breaking either, face to face with this mirror, and my dad he keeps saying sorry, and his hands are still on the mirror, I couldn't take the sight no more, it's not a clear one but it's still sickening, panicking, I look up and my hands goes in the air, at this point, unaware if they're still red, everything still pitch black besides the glowing mirror, my daddy's voice echo in my ears, and I'm still falling, I scream, STOP! and I kept falling anyways, I look back at my dad or assuming it's still him, everything very blurry, and I screamed, "IM SORRY, I'm sorry I couldn't save you, or mama, I'm sorry I couldn't help you like you needed, I did my best"- and the mirror stop glowing, but I'm still falling, I start panicking more, I put my hands in the air and screamed to whoever was listening, "I'm so damn sorry, I did everything I could to help them, please forgive me!" An unfamiliar voice spoke and I'm still falling, twice as rapidly now, my voice was lost with the breezes, my heart is pounding, and I hear and feel it. Everything is still so black. WHY ME? I thought.

Drench. In sweat and tears, and a major headache, I'm in my bed. I held my chest, where heart is and it's beating fast, I look around and it's reality again, I took deep breaths and look to my left where my dresser was and attached to it was my mirror, the polaroid photo of me and the rest of my little family when I was younger, which I just came from my game, I was in track and won first place in one of my races. We was at chili's, to celebrate and mama took the photo, and there we was, all of us smiling, and me with my little chain around my neck and still in my track clothes, smiling the hardest.

Mama let me kept the photo, and I hold it dearly to me all theses year's later. When I moved into my house right now, I didn't want that photo in the rest of the family photo albums we have. I instead, put it in the corner of my mirror. I regret that decision now. It was the only one and thing on my mirror too. I looked at my reflection, my hair was a mess, I was cover in sweat, my blanket was at my toes, and my phone was too, which confused me cause I could've sworn I put it on charger earlier today. I looked around and everything still the same. I got out of bed and grab my phone. 4:44am. My phone wallpaper of me, my dad, and brother at my high school graduation. I sat down and stared at my phone until it said 4:45 and sat it next to me.

I look back at the mirror. My reflection of my whole body is present now and nothing but my Victoria secret green bra and panties on. I grabbed my phone and called my brother. My bother surprisedly answered on the first ring. I asked him what he doing and he said staring at the mirror, my heart started beating fast again and I asked him why he staring at the mirror, he asked me why am I calling him at 4 in the morning. I started weeping and his tone changed a little and in a faint whisper he said " Zephaniah you okay" and I said, "I'm sorry" and he hang up and FaceTimed me instead, I made sure my face was only showing, he asked me again was I okay and I shook my head no.

My bother asked what's wrong and I told him about my dream, his mouth was slightly opened and said he had the same dream but instead he saw me in the mirror, not dad. I started crying harder, cause what the hell, and he hanged up, send me a text he on his way to my house. I wiped my tears and slipped some clothes on, deciding on some gray joggers and yellow tank top, when I got done dressing, I sat back on my bed, staring at my reflection. In and out of conscious of who was really in the mirror. It started shifting between me and my mom. I'm not sure how much time passed, but I heard the door opened and suspected it was my bother and there he behold, slickly and red matching pair of pajamas.

My bother walked to me grab my phone, held it in his hand, smiled at my wallpaper, and then sat next to me, as  we looked at the mirror. Zaire chucked and said "wow z you still got that photo" referring to the Polaroid." I laid my head on his shoulder, but looking at him through the mirror, feeling very weakly and it heard in my voice too, "yeah bro, it's all I have left of normality of who we once was." Zaire was also looking though the mirror and talked to me "what you mean by that we got plenty of photos in the photo album- I cut him off and told him, "Zaire that was before mama"- and he said "oh, okay never-mind then, anyways I'm here now, okay." Zaire stood and went on the other side of the bed and got under the covers. Zaire told me to come lay down, and I did but I didn't get under the covers. I asked him do I smell bad and he started laughing and said no. I said okay and laid on my back staring at the wall.

Zaire was lying in a cradle type position and looked at me and stick his pinky finger out and poke my cheek, I turn around and we connected our pinkie fingers together. I asked him "Zaire what if we end up like our parents" Zaire said "we just might little sus, maybe that's what our dream was telling us probably, that we got to do better or we could become like them, We always got each other though okay," I shook my head yes and spoked okay. We disconnected our pinkie fingers and next thing I knew Zaire was knocked out sleep. I got up though. I grab my phone, and my skeleton hoodie that was on my relaxing chair. I headed downstairs and grab my house keys that was on my kitchen counter and walked out my house, locked the house up and and sat on my porch. As I watch as the sun arises and tears I thought couldn't fallen anymore definitely fell.

I wiped the tears off my face and eventually they're was no more. I saw some kids leave there homes and headed to the end of the block, waiting for the school bus, excitedly too, some parents were there and some was not. The bus approaches and get the kids as the parents who did walk their child to the bus stop tell them goodbye and they will be there later to pick them up. The bus leaves once all the babies get on and the parents started walking to there destinations. What a sight to see hun, I mumbled to myself and put on and my hoodie afterwards, still not feeling the urge to leave the porch though, I continued to just watch my surroundings. Someone catches my eye though, the bus stop where the kids were picked up at now walking toward me, the closer they got the more confused I was until the human approached me. Torn clothes, hair in shambles, missing shoe laces, and black and blue vans on. The human smiled at me, teeth yellow and-

And l will see y'all in the next chapter. Sorry but not sorry about the cliffhanger but dw the next chapter just going to be as shocking when y'all see who the human is.

 Sorry but not sorry about the cliffhanger but dw the next chapter just going to be as shocking when y'all see who the human is

Xoxox cece