Zephaniah (29)

A very long chapter ahead.
3 months and two days later.

Zephaniah

My auntie is further along in her pregnancy, so on her birthday last Sunday, I offered her to work for my company. Lately, she stated that the diner has been overworking her, and so I thought it would've been the perfect opportunity. If she is with me, then she will be able to sit down and tell her story to some of my clients too. It will be way better for her, and she won't be on her feet as much. Definitely, since she is getting closer and closer to her due date. To my happy surprise, she accepted it, and we all celebrated some more. We have all been okay for the most part. I have been very focused on my work and therapy, so I don't have much time or room to focus on anything besides myself, and I love it this way. My mother and I have been getting closer, and I have been steering further and further away from my brother. My mom doesn't want this for us, but it's best for me because I can't have him fucking up anything else in my life or me witnessing him fuck up his. I heard Alora was supposed to give birth in a week or two.

I haven't really heard anything from my uncle; we do little check-ins, and that's about it. My uncle has been very distant from everybody since Ms.Brea left. I'm not sure what happened between them or their history; when I ask, it's brushed around the bushes. According to Tete Jalina, he is just getting some well-deserved karma. I met her only once, while she was in town, and she seems like a lovely lady. I never knew that was his ex-wife. It would've been nice to know her growing up; she definitely had beautiful, warm energy. Other than that, it's the same situation with the rest of the family; just check-ins here and there. Besides Jalina and Anandi, they're definitely my favorite aunties. I'm now in my bathtub, listening to soft opera music play in the background. Wow, so much happened in the course of a half-year. I chucked at myself. I'm full of surprises, for sure.

Alora

Three months have passed. I have been in contact with Zaire within the last 5 overall.  I couldn't keep hiding from him. If I'm going to execute my plan, I need to do so too, in a good way, within theses months I been gaining his trust and sympathy. My mom says she has my back, but she can't rescue me from this. I was able to follow through with everything besides my mom signing the papers that, if anything happens to me, Zaire will have full custody of my twins. As the father, he should, but if the results come back that he is not, then my mom would be in custody of them, and I don't want that to happen; they know my mom and will come and kill her and my babies.

Neil, baby, please listen. I would never do anything like that to you. The closer I get to my due date, the more insane he becomes. I try to stay at home, and he comes to my house. I have to update everything to him, even though he knows my location. Since I told him there would be no possibility of us getting back together, he hasn't been sane since. His tempter becomes more frightening and frequent. My dad hasn't been as supportive either, not that I was expecting him to, but it doesn't help me to know that the only person who really supports and loves me is my mom. My father's threats have been more frequent and evident too; I don't know where to go or who to run to. I don't want to worry my mom any more, and I can't risk Zaire getting any misleading ideas. Troy hasn't spoken to me since about a month ago, and every time we speak, it's about him and only him. I'm sick of everybody's shit.

Neil is yelling at me. I couldn't understand why, because these accusations are absurd. Listen, Niel, how could've I planned the death of your dad and been under you for these past few months, I found out exactly when you did; you knew my every move from this month alone, and how the fuck would I have time to— I stopped mid-sentence since he slammed his fist on the kitchen counter. The last time I kept talking, he slapped me. I'm learning from my mistakes. He asked me. "The DNA test: what were the results?" I looked at him strangely. I didn't take one. I won't be able to access that for another week or so. I can get the test results a few days after the twins are born. Please don't hit me.