Zephaniah (17)

3 more hours later.

Iron

"I can't get ahold of my boy." I looked at my right-hand man. Digs we call him. Digs don't talk much but he gets the work done. Everybody was supposed to be here for headcount and my son is not here, it's causing suspicion and making me nervous. I hope my son ain't get shot too. "Where the fuck could he be Digs?." I was returned with no response and a blank facial expression. I shook my head in full disbelief and disappointed, while I waited to be counted for. When It was my time to be approached, it was Javi on one side and Chris on another a few security in the back of them and 3 people with clipboards counting, another one shredding documents. Chris is Javi's right-hand man. They know each other since diapers.

They have been through more shit, than me and Jupiter, have ever been or seen, despite us having history, they are the real definition of it. Chris said to me. "hey iron nice to see you again, I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances tho." I nodded my head toward him and looked at Javi. Javi shook his head at me and I proceeded forward. This man, who was also Javi's bodyguard, search me down and then asked me to move to the left. I watch as many others got counted and searched but not one had got moved to the left.

Even digs got counted for and moved on. I tried calling my son again but no answer. I hope he didn't bring himself into some more shit. I'm too damn old to be still fighting his fucking battles man. I sat down and about an hour or so went by, they still counting, and I still haven't heard from Neil. Deep down in me, I know something wrong and the longer time passes the more suspicious they become I know this.

Another man was asked to step to the side. I don't know this gentleman but he looks nice in his suit. We look at each other and nodded. Next another man and then another. I check my timer, 8 mins went by and 13 more people were asked to move to the side. Do they suspect us? Man, I hope not I don't want any fucking trouble. They have been good to me and I have been to them. I was watching the time and very min got more uncomfortable. I turn my attention to Chris who turned on the tv and kept skipping channels until we got to the news station.

News reporter: "Yes indeed Sarah, what was supposed to be a nice little family barque birthday party has turned into a horror movie, we have spoken with a dear family friend of the victims in custody, at this time for the family's privacy and safety the name of the victims will not be disclosed."

Family friend: "I couldn't tell you how devastated, I am right now. This family did more for the community than any government agencies, more than the cops have, and others too. They were good people just under bad circumstances right now, and I am sick and tired of the gun violence. Y'all must have more empathy toward you're fellow brothers and sisters. We are all trying to survive out here. IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY GOT DAMMIT! He couldn't even enjoy his birthday"-

News reporter: "I apologize for the sudden cut-off on the family friend remarks but our connection have been suddenly shut off from them, reason are unknown.

Furthermore, an update on the victims conditions is that one is fine and will be released soon, the other 2 in custody are in critical condition, the family only remarks and I quote. "We understand the circumstances that are, and we are only asking for you're prayers and thoughts. We don't want a go-fund-me page or anything of that nature, please do nothing, but prayers and thoughts. That will be all for me and back to you Sarah."

News reporter: "Thank you, Chloe, they have our thoughts and prayers, furthermore, we have another update from the FDA stating-"

The volume was turned down. Chris looked at Javi and Javi stare Chris down and shook his head and left the room. Chris spoke to us now. "We are still conducting head counts but we switching to another room, gentlemen who we asked to stepped aside please follow me and we all did as such.