Zephaniah (27)

2 weeks later.

Zaire

My fist balled up. If I didn't respect him so much I probably would've punch him in his throat right now. Uncle Jupiter, why did you feel the need to tell Zephaniah that information. Jupiter shrugged his shoulders. "Handle your consequences." I rose an eyebrow and he watch as my mom came into the room and frown. I looked at him sideways. What's the issue now between them. My mom wave hi to him and he greeted her with a head nod. I look at her and she gave me a small smile. She walked up to me and hit me upside my head and I rub my head and he looked at Jupiter. I appreciate all you have done for me but you know it wasn't your place to tell Zephaniah that. Uncle didn't do anything just stared at her and I looked in between them. I stood up and walked past my uncle.

He keeps doing this that's not his place and I ain't have shit else to say to his ass. Aaliyah been blowing up my phone all day, and I have nothing to say to her ass either. Matter of fact let me block her. I got the urge to call Alora. I can't explain why but I need to call her. My kids?  I haven't been to one check up, not a doctor appointment, shit I don't even know when she supposed give birth. For her to say I'm able to contribute into theses kids lives, I definitely haven't seen an opportunity with her giving me one. I looked around. Lately I felt like I'm being watched. I don't know ever since I got shot this paranoia been around me too. I called her for the 3 time, and haven't had an answer.

I got to my car and prayed. I haven't done that in a long time but I don't know what else to do either. I'm conflicted. Theses last several months really showing a side I didn't even know I had. I won't say I'm a bad person but I'm damn sure not the greatest. The power of lust and greed came over me and now I don't know who to trust or feel. Uncle Jupiter words came across my thoughts again. "handle your consequences." I wonder how exactly am I suppose to do that. Alora sent me a text. Asking me what I need. What I need? I turn the car one and started driving off. I pulled over and put in the address to my dad grave sight. I need his presence right now.

Zaniah

I watch my son leave this room. I'm all alone now. I officially came to give Jupiter his portion of what I owe left. I have 3 more payments and I'm done. I'm almost hit all my goals. I will be able to get my own place soon and hopefully become and show that, I'm be a great example to my grand babies, and all who ever believe in me before and now. I heard from Anandi that my son been out here dealing and creeping more, I was going to have a chat with him, but I think it's also too late for me trying to parent anybody for a while. My kids are their own people but it's just the motherly instinct to do. I sat and look around me. Black polished flooring, and one red couch. This black table, I'm sitting behind in my rolling chair and the door it's also black. There's no windows or any further furniture here. Other's might get creep out but in some old sense of things I like it.

As today wasn't filled with enough surprises, I see enter the room is Vincent. I known Vincent since Zephaniah was 2. It has been years since I had an encounter with him. Vincent was a good man, just very flirtatious and I couldn't risk my marriage in any circumstance so I made sure we kept our distance from each other. My man didn't mind, he was a very confident man. My baby told me all the time "If you cheat then you cheat, I'm not saying I'm the worlds greatest husband, with all this money I could get us into a better home and a way better lifestyle, as a man I'm suppose to lead, but instead, I'm ultimately leading to my death I know this, but with you, at least I know I truly had a chance to live, and you're actions don't represent me in this aspect. I'm fucking your eggs loose, every other day, so I know it's not sex you craving, so if you did cheat, it would've been the emotional side of things, and I do take fault in that, so if you seem to think the grass is greener on the other side, allow him to water, it until it blooms more flowers."