Zephaniah (22)

Two weeks later.

Iron

I called my son a few days ago. If he going to be putting our lives into jeopardy, I should at least know why. I came over his house, now I'm in his living room, watching some lifetime movie. While he on the phone. I can't hear much, but I'm keep hearing a girl name, Alora. How he need to see her soon, and that they better not fuck this shit up. I love my son, I do, but there's no way he still doing dirt after all theses years. I invested so much time and energy into his ass and this the thanks I receive. I get hell nah. I got up. I went to where I heard his voice from. "I don't care for any of that shit, I NEED TO SPEAK TO ALORA, before they start plotting against her even more. We could be in danger too, man I don't got time for this shit."

I took a deep breath and kept listening. "I already explained this shit to you, either find a fucking way or I kill you myself." I exhale. Nothing else was said, but I heard something hit the floor. I walked back into the living room. I don't know what I should do. I'm old now and I'm so tired. I was always there for my boy. My child ain't acting like my child anymore. I don't know where I lost him. Was it all them years ago or was it recently. All I do know, is that whatever happens, I should prepared to die. Dealing with Jupiter and the rest of them, I already know I'm not going out alive, plus they made it very clear that I wasn't.

I can't keep fighting you're battles son. I'm going to die, rather it be from you're faults or mines, I know, if I have to at the very-least let me rest in the arms of my beloved one, that's all I asking. I watch him come into the living room. I watch as he sat right next to me. "What you're watching dad?" I shrug my shoulder. I was to lost in my thoughts to really understand what I'm watching son. I looked at him and he was looking at me."Do you care to tell me what you was thinking about?" I shrugged my shoulder. Never mind the bullshit, do you care to tell me about you're whereabouts.You know they going to kill me if they don't get the answers they need from you. "don't worry dad." As he pat my shoulder. "I got this all under control."

Son no you don't.

Anandi

I'm on the couch as fluffy lays on Zephaniah and she lays on my lap. We all are watching bluey together. As the next episode progresses, I play in Zephaniah hair. I tried to bring up small talk. I'm seeing Zaniah, in a few days. I went quiet, in expectation for her to say something but she didn't. I want to at least say, I did speak to her about what I promise to her. So I spoke up. The more we watch bluey, Zephaniah, I realize how much my mom could've taken parenting points from them. I look at her and she smile, the she spoke. "My mom and my dad, raised me and Zaire in similar ways to what bluey have. I think this is why I love the show so much. How it reminds me of all the good times of my childhood and even teenage years."

I smiled and she smiled back at me and turned her head toward the tv. I said, like the the show a lot too. A very beautiful family. When the last time you spoke to you're mama Zephaniah. She took a deep breath and didn't say anything for a while. Fluffy barked. I looked around, I couldn't find anything that should've had fluffy barking about. Zephaniah paused the show and looked at me and readjusted fluffy to the floor as he stared at her. "It been a while tete."

She sat up from my lap, criss-crossed her legs on the couch, pick up fluffy and he was still just staring at her, and she readjusted her focus on to me. "The last time I even see her, was when we were at the hospital for Zaire. I had a lot to say but I didn't say anything for the most part. I didn't know what to really say. I wrote and prayed and even daydreamed of the moments of when I see my mother again and lashed out on her. Explain to her how fuck up we all became when she left us for dead. I don't think people understand now bad it is to mourn over somebody who not even dead. Life happens and now you really have to mourn over life and death. It's a lot to hold on too. About a week ago, I went to my dads grave sight. It was raining, and I screamed and let out everything I needed. The whole time I was releasing that frustration and anger, the only words I kept hearing is forgiveness. I think I need to forgive everybody. I need to forgive myself."