▪︎8▪︎

"Ah!"

"Hold still!" Jennie scolded the other while she applied ointment to her bruises with a cotton pad.

"It hurts-"

"Bear with it."

"But- Ah!"

Jisoo pouted as Jennie jabbed the cream in her wound quickly before she put a plaster on it.

"I didn't think you would defend me like that..." Jennie mumbled, putting the first aid kit away.

Sure she knew that she had a crush on her but that never stopped her from treating her badly. It's the first time she stood up for her.

"...." Jisoo didn't quite know what to respond, she was also surprised by her own actions.

"Can I ask you something?"

"I guess..."

"If you can be this nice, why have you been so mean to me all this time?" Jennie just had to ask. She felt overwhelmed with how Jisoo treated her the past days compared to before. She believes the reason that she knew wasn't enough to explain the change in behaviour.

"Why couldn't you just be like this from the beginning?" Jennie raised her voice without realising it. Jisoo swallowed as the other inched forward with an exasperated expression, her voice sounded so hurt.

"What did I do wrong?"

"....I'm sorry."

Jennie's lips parted, shocked. "Did you just apologise to me? Damn, that's kinda not helping. It makes me think that if you were capable of doing that all along, why wait so long?! Ugh!"

Jisoo pursed her lips to a thin line, her face paled, she was looking down in shame. She was much too ashamed to answer her.

When Jennie was certain that the other wasn't ready to answer her, she sighed, shaking her head.

"It was a long day, and you did fight for my honour, so I'm letting you off. Although the next time I ask you, you better tell me the truth."

•••••

It was the weekend, so Jennie put on her delivery uniform and went out to drive her firm's motor scooter. She worked the night shift because you earn a bonus during the night.

It was also a busy time where she often had to make deliveries to parties, drunk customers, some who couldn't sleep and some who were working through the whole night.

She picked up the pizzas from the restaurant, stored them in the trunk of her scooter and drove off.

Her phone beeped, she took a quick glance as she waited at a red light. It was a string of nonsense messages from Jisoo.

Jennie chuckled and shook her head. She wrote back that she had no time to chat since she was working. To her surprise the other called her right after that.

Jennie accepted the call before she put the phone back to her jacket pocket. Her helmet had integrated bluetooth and speaker, so she could talk without endangering herself.

The firm came up with the idea because they often can't get a hold on the delivery staff when they are driving. Sometimes the orders get changed last minute or they have to be informed that they were told a false address.

"You are working this late?" The husky voice of the other mumbled, it sounded like she was about to fall asleep or just woke up.

"Yeah, we deliver twenty-four hours a day, so I'm pretty free to choose my times." Jennie twisted the hand-grip throttle with her right hand to accelerate the scooter as the traffic light switched to green.