▪︎20▪︎

Jennie led Jisoo to a house with a garden. The place had a welcoming, lived-in feel. Toys scattered across the yard and a swing hanging from a sturdy tree.

"Here we are." Jennie said with a warm smile as they approached the front door.

Jennie rang the doorbell, and moments later, a cheerful woman in her thirties opened the door. She had a bright smile and kind eyes, welcoming them inside.

"Jennie! You're here!" Yoona, exclaimed as she hugged her. "Come in!"

They walked in and found her husband, Junho waving at them. He was currently busy with playing with two kids at once who were jumping on him and screaming.

"Yoona, Junho, this is my friend Jisoo. She wanted to help out, even though I didn't ask for it." Jennie introduced Jisoo with a clear of her throat.

"Well, you should have." Jisoo interjected with a smirk.

Yoona smiled at the friendly banter between them.

"Jisoo, meet Shotaro, Sungchan, and Wonbin." The mother said, gesturing to her two boys and the one toddler who was sleeping on the sofa.

Shotaro and Sungchan glanced curiously at the newcomer and offered a chorus of "Hi!", followed by giggles.

"Make sure they're in bed by 8:30, and we'll be back around 10:30." Junho informed them.

Jennie nodded in understanding. "We've got this. Have a great time at the movies."

The parents gave each kid and the sleeping toddler a kiss before they left. As soon as the door clicked shut, the little boys grabbed pillows and started screaming.

"What's happening?" Jisoo blinked as the toddler's eyes popped open, upon hearing the door close and starting to jump on the sofa.

"They're playing." Jennie shoved Jisoo to Wonbin and told her to make sure he doesn't fall down, while she would play with Shotaro and Sungchan.

Jisoo stumbled a bit as she caught the energetic toddler. "Whoa there, little guy. Not so fast." Wonbin just giggled and hopped back to the sofa, climbing it as if it's a mountain.

Jennie joined into the pillow fight, ducking, and dodging the flying pillows while playfully attacking the boys with cushions who bursted into loud laughter.

Jisoo's lips tugged into a smile at the sight of the usual serious girl act so carefree and just play around. It made her oddly happy.

But whenever she noticed that Jennie was limping she had to frown.

"Let's switch kids." Jisoo dropped Wonbin in Jennie's arms and grabbed some pillows to throw at the boys who giggled after the attack.

She hoped Jennie would seize the opportunity to rest her injured leg.

Of course that's not what she did. She was such a... workaholic...?

That really reminds Jisoo of her father-

She received plenty pillows against her head as the boys climbed on top of her and pushed her down, continuing to hit her head with the pillows.

Their chaotic screams managed to drown Jisoo's thoughts out that managed to scare her immensely for a split second.

For that split second, all the blood drained from her body and maybe her heart skipped a beat. It was such a brooding feeling of a pending sorrow.

"You dead!" Sungchan grinned victoriously, giving her a last hit.

Jisoo stuck her tongue out and closed her eyes, her arms and legs twisted around. The boys laughed even more.

"I'm hungry." Shotaro suddenly mumbled. "Sandwich?"