▪︎24▪︎

Jennie dialled Ningning's number, her mind preoccupied with the pressing need for more money to cover Kuma's medical expenses.

Ningning went to speak with the manager before she returned to the call and made her an offer.

"I asked the manager and we could use some background dancers for our next performance. You did well the last time you covered for me, are you interested?"

Since she didn't have much experience in dancing, she hesitated. However, the urgency of her dog's situation pushed her to make a quick decision.

"Yeah, sure, I can do that. Thank you so much, Ningning. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome! It's nothing too complicated, I'll send you the choreo!"

Jennie smiled, grateful for the gesture. According to the manager the wage was also fair. She ended the call and patted Kuma's head, the dog bouncing around her feet.

After pressing play and watching the choreography tons of times, Jennie had it memorised. But just to her luck, she tripped in her cramped apartment and hurt her ankle.

"Not again! God why?!" Jennie slapped the heel of her palm against her forehead, cursing her clumsiness.

She looked at the throbbing, red spot before carefully touching it. It hurt but it wasn't bad enough to prevent her from practicing since she was used to going beyond her limits.

Soon after that there was a knock on her. Jennie lifted her head and raised her voice,

"You can come in Jisoo! The door isn't locked!"

The raven opened the door and closed it behind, locking it. "Why wasn't it locked?" Was the first thing Jisoo asked before walking up to her.

"Because you always barge in after your lectures are done, which is about this time." Jennie shrugged nonchalantly, then proceeded to dance.

Jisoo watched for a moment. Whatever she was about to stay was stuck in her throat.

"What can I help you with?" Jennie asked without looking at her, she focused on getting the moves right.

"O-Oh, I just..." Jisoo scratched her neck, averting her gaze. "I was bored and wondered what you were up to. Why the dancing?"

"It's for a job." Jennie explained simply. She winced when a bolt of pain went through her feet after she did a spin.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo quickly checked on her, making her sit on a chair. "Never mind, you totally hurt yourself again, didn't you?"

Jennie nodded her head. "It's not that bad though."

"It's an everyday thing at this point..." Jisoo sighed, not really knowing what to tell her. "I think you should just live a quiet life and let me do the work for you."

Jennie snorted a laugh. "Well, I know you like me but that's too much. I would pity you for getting taken advantage of like that."

"You are the one that likes me," Jisoo casually corrected. "Besides I work wisely by letting others do the work for me."

"Lucky for me, you decided to visit at just the right time. What are you suggesting?" Jennie raised her eyebrows.

*****

"I'm not doing it." Jimin shook his head firmly, considering kicking Jisoo out of his room.

"It's for Jennie's sick dog." Jisoo explained, causing Jimin to gasp loudly.

"No way, he's... still sick...?" Jimin's eyes went wide and pooled with tears.

After witnessing his shaken up reaction, Jennie didn't hesitate to slap Jisoo's shoulder. "Stop that, Jisoo, be nice to your friends."