▪14▪

Jisoo and Nayeon were sitting at a coffee shop, sipping on their lattes while going over their plan of action.

"We need to find some solid evidence to clear my name and get the culprit jailed." Jisoo exclaimed.

Nayeon nodded in agreement. "We know that the culprit had access to Jennie's photos from her iCloud storage. So, we need to investigate anyone who might have had that access."

"They could have either taken her phone when she wasn't watching or hacked it." Jisoo mumbled, a frown on her face.

"You know what, Jennie reserved a locker in the A building since the beginning of the semester. She often puts her phone in there before a lecture." Nayeon told her.

"That's a great lead!" Jisoo's face lit up. "If the culprit stole Jennie's phone from her locker, there must be footage of them. We need to check the CCTV cameras in the campus."

"Yes, dear Watson. That's right. After all, it is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Nayeon muttered with a fake British accent.

"Hey, don't Watson me. I'm the main character." Jisoo flipped her hair.

"No hat, no Sherlock." Nayeon tapped her hat that she picked up back when it fell down.

They didn't waste more time. They arrived at the security office and requested access to the tapes. The security guard was hesitant.

"Excuse me, sir, but we need access to the CCTV footage. Time is of the essence." Nayeon said, trying to sound as authoritative as possible.

The security guard looked at them both incredulously, then sighed and shook his head.

"I don't know what's going on here, but I can't just let anyone access the footage. You'll need to fill out a request form and provide valid identification." He stated firmly.

"Request form? Valid identification? Oh, come on, old chap, we don't have time for all that bureaucracy!" Nayeon laughed, slapping the security guard on the back. "Just give us the recordings, thanks!"

"We're detectives, we don't have to follow the rules." Jisoo held up Nayeon's magnifying glass and squinted at him.

"That's it. You two are coming with me." He said, grabbing them both by the arms and leading them to a nearby holding cell.

Jisoo's face turned pale as they followed the security guard down the hall. "I can't go to jail! I have a phobia of enclosed spaces. And orange jumpsuits don't flatter me!"

Nayeon's voice shook as she tried to reason with the security guard. "Sir, please reconsider. We were just trying to do the right thing. We'll make it up to you somehow. You get it?" She winked.

But the security guard wasn't having it. "You two are lucky I'm feeling generous today. I'll just put you in a holding cell until I can get this sorted out."

"This is all your fault, Sherlock!" Jisoo exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at her.

"Hey, I was just trying to help Jennie! I didn't think we'd end up in student prison!" Nayeon raised one of her hands in defense.

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "I knew this was a bad idea. I'm not cut out to be a detective. You can be Sherlock all you want, but count me out!"

The guard turned around to face Jisoo and Nayeon, who were still bickering back and forth.

"Oh, great," He muttered under his breath. "I get to deal with this for the next few hours."

He cleared his throat loudly, causing the two to snap their attention back to him. "Listen up, you two," He said sternly. "I don't want to hear any more of this arguing. Just sit tight and wait for your lawyer to arrive."