▪︎25.5▪︎

Rosé hummed a pop song while folding laundry. Her dorm room sparkled with fairy lights and pastel coloured pillows and furniture. It radiated comfort and warmth.

Across the hallway, in Lisa's room, the scene was quite different. Clothes were strewn across the floor and a half-opened pizza box sat on her desk.

During the evening Rosé found herself in Lisa's room. They sat on the edge of her bed, cuddling while watching a melodrama.

"We are asking them on a double date, right…?" Rosé asked, her worried thoughts keeping her distracted from the screen.

"I think we should.” Lisa pulled her closer, sensing her concerned mood. “That way we can see for ourselves what's the deal between them."

"I still feel bad that we never told them the truth…" Rosé sighed, a little nervous.

Before Lisa could respond, her phone buzzed on the nightstand. With a quick apology, she picked it up. As she answered, Rosé overheard the conversation.

"An impromptu party? Sure, dude. Sounds awesome." Lisa exclaimed with a grin. "Don't worry about it, I got it covered."

Rosé furrowed her eyebrows, recognising the tone of the conversation. It was one she had heard many times before. Lisa's friends were planning a night out and someone was short on money.

Her eyes narrowed as she overheard Lisa offering to cover the expenses. She groaned silently, frustrated by the recurring pattern. Lisa, though well-intentioned, often took on financial responsibilities without managing her own savings responsibly.

"What do you say we join them tonight? Party at Jungkook and Taehyung’s dorm.” After ending the call, Lisa turned to Rosé. “It'll be fun and we could use the opportunity to ask Jennie and Jisoo out. They’ll surely come too."

However, Rosé wasn’t concerned about that for a moment. Instead, she couldn't contain her exasperation. 

"Again, Lisa? How many times have we been through this? You can't keep paying for everyone…"

"Come on, honey, it's just for the drinks." Lisa sighed, scratching her head. "I don't mind. Besides, they're my friends; I want them to have a good time.”

"I know you do," Rosé frowned, her frustration increasing. "But you need to start taking your finances more seriously. What about saving for the future? What if an emergency comes up? Especially since our families are overseas.”

Lisa pursed her lips, an apology on the tip of her tongue that she wasn’t sure how to get across. Rosé knows very well even if she apologises, she just can’t stop herself from being too generous when it’s about opening her wallet.

“I’ll try…” Lisa simply said, looking down. Of course her sometimes stupid generosity was deeply ingrained in her nature and Rosé couldn’t change that. It wouldn’t stop her from looking for her though.

She leaned her head on Lisa's shoulder, her hand moving to the other’s thighs as she traced circles on it.

"I just worry about you, that's all. I don't want you to end up struggling because you're always taking care of others." Rosé exclaimed, her tone gentle.

"I get it.” Lisa nodded, appreciating her concern. She put her hand on top of her girlfriend’s. “We are not going then?"

With a reluctant smile, Rosé shook her head.

“We can go tonight, just keep my words in mind.”

•••••

"You guys made it!" Jungkook opened his door to invite them in, they could already hear the music in the dimly lit room.