▪︎18▪︎

1 new message....

The next morning Jennie woke up to a new message. She stared at the text from the manager she helped out because his idol trainee quit.

She didn't know what to respond and needed a second opinion.

The text message said the trainee quit for good and the manager was wondering if Jennie wanted to take her place.

Without thinking, she got up and walked towards her balcony. She noticed that Jisoo's bedroom window was open, and she could see Jisoo's windowsill, where the cactus was now sitting. Jennie took a deep breath and called out to Jisoo, hoping she would hear her.

"Jisoo! Jisoo!" Jennie shouted, waving her hands. Jisoo heard her and looked out the window.

"Yes?" Jisoo whipped her head out.

She quickly explained the situation to her, asking her for advice.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Jisoo claimed firmly. "You're not obligated to take the trainee's place just because you helped out once. Think about what you really want to do, don't let anyone pressure you into anything."

"He asked me to meet up... Can you go with me?"

She saw the worry etched on Jennie's face and she knew she couldn't leave her alone.

"Sure, I'll go with you. Let's go talk to this manager together."

Jennie let out a sigh of relief and grabbed her purse. She led the way to the coffee shop where the manager asked to meet her.

As they entered the coffee shop, a man stood up from a table in the corner and waved at them.

"Jennie, glad to see you made it." He said with a smile. They sat down and the manager explained the situation, offering her the position in the idol group.

Jennie listened intently, her mind racing with thoughts and doubts. She looked at Jisoo who gave her a supportive nod.

"I appreciate the offer but I don't think I can take the trainee's place. It's not something I'm currently passionate about and I don't want to waste anyone's time or money." Finally, Jennie spoke up.

The manager pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a loud sigh. He ordered a drink, gulping it down in one go.

"Are you okay...?" The brunette asked hesitantly.

"I'm sorry, it's just...this is a big setback for me and my company. I was really counting on that group to make it big. Now, I don't know what to do." The manager looked up at her with bleary eyes.

Jennie felt a pang of guilt. She could see how important this was for the manager. "Is there anything else I can do to help?" She offered.

"Well, you could find the trainee and convince her to take her job back." The manager laughed dryly.

Finding a runaway trainee was not something she ever imagined herself doing but she also felt like he really needed her help. She looked once again at Jisoo.

The raven gave her an encouraging smile before she leaned to her and whispered, "If you're in, I'm in."

"I'll do my best to find her," Jennie therefore exclaimed. "Can you give me any information about where she might have gone?"

The manager was surprised that she really wanted to try it but gave her the information and a photo.