▪︎12▪︎

"Jisoo, it wasn't you right? I want to believe you. Please tell me in my face that it wasn't you." Lisa cornered her, holding her shoulders tightly.

"Of course not!" Jisoo laughed sarcastically.

"I have been your best friend for years but I still don't get it,"

This was a serious matter to her and she made it clear that she wouldn't let Jisoo go without getting answers. Not this time.

"Why do you hate Jennie so much? What did she ever do to you?"

"It wasn't me! I didn't leak shit about her!" Jisoo raised her voice, defensively. She also pushed Lisa back, the Thai stumbled but regained her balance. She was surprised by the outburst so unlike Jisoo.

"Okay.... I believe you." Lisa raised her hands in surrender. She could tell when Jisoo was lying and right now she was showing sincere anger.

"I still want to know, why do you hate Jennie?" Lisa repeated her question.

Jisoo stayed silent. It's not like she hates her. Even though she does hate her or she did, she isn't sure anymore. She also liked her. She found her annoying but also cute. She had a lot of feelings for her, very contradicting ones.

[Start of flashback]

It all started when Jisoo was very little. Her mom died at childbirth and she only had her dad.

He worked really hard for Jisoo, even with a broken heart. He was still mourning his late wife when he raised Jisoo, yet he never blamed her for her loss. He knew that's not what his wife would have wanted.

The company he worked at belonged to Jennie's parents. Now it should be obvious where her villain original story is leading towards. But it's not that simple. She knows Jennie isn't to blame for her evil CEO parents.

Anyway, back to her dad. He worked diligently, wanting Jisoo to have a happy life.

The working conditions were poor, he was one of many employees. They didn't care about his health at all. Even when he passed out from overworking, he wasn't sent home. He continued to work when he woke up.

Many years went on like this, he was a hard worker. If his employers didn't tell him to take it easy but encouraged his workaholic behaviour, he spent even more time working himself sick.

He died while writing a report. His heart gave out, by that point he was almost only skin and bones.

He barely time to drink, eat or anything else. He spent every second earning money for Jisoo. It wasn't legal to work so many hours but the company was in good terms with the police, it was never exposed publicly.

When Jisoo turned six, she was alone in the world. All the money her dad saved up for her, commited his life for, it never reached her either. Some of her estranged relatives adopted her to take the money.

They spent it all with the excuse of using it for her but they just used it for gambling. Jisoo received the bare minimum, she lived like a poor child and was thrown out the second she officially wasn't a minor anymore.

Is that why Jisoo hates Jennie? Nope. That's merely how she took notice of her.

It was the first day of primary school. People avoided sitting next to Jisoo because of her dirty and ripped clothes.

Jennie was late for her first day. She was accompanied by what Jisoo believes was her bodyguard. He apologised to their homeroom teacher who didn't mind. The teacher even bowed to Jennie who was a literal child.

Along with Jennie's shiny, well fashioned clothes, Jisoo recognised that she was well off and an important person.

The teacher told her to sit next to Jisoo. She was afraid the rich little girl would vomit upon her sight. Or maybe she would ask the teacher to let Jisoo sit outside, so she doesn't bother her.