▪︎26▪︎

As the alcohol started to take effect and everyone danced without restraints, Jennie glanced at her watch.

"I really should head home soon. Can we call it a night?" She tapped on Jisoo's shoulder but she was caught up in the joyous vibe and hesitant to leave already.

"Can't we stay just a bit longer?" She pleaded. "I'll wake you up, so we won't be late for work."

"You mean I won't be late." Jennie corrected, raising a brow. Although simply by her grin she already knew it meant Jisoo was tagging along. No surprise there.

"We won't be late, yes." Jisoo nodded with a silly smile. "One more?" She gave her a plastic cup.

With a resigned smile, she accepted the cup, clinking it against Jisoo's.

"One more." She agreed, and they sipped on the drinks in unison.

"Hey, let's play Never Have I Ever." Hoyeon suggested, holding up her cup.

"Never have I ever hooked up with someone in this room." Jungkook said right away. Predictably only Rosé and Lisa started to drink.

"Never have I ever kissed someone without knowing their name." Jimin said next, snorting when Jungkook and Taehyung's lips met their cups.

Jisoo also took a sip, causing Jennie to nudge her with her elbow. "Really?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I mean, it's not uncommon..." Jisoo scratched her neck. "Besides, Lisa did it more often than me."

Rosé side-eyed at her girlfriend who quickly took another sip before she hurriedly assured her it was before they started dating.

"Never have I ever liked oil so much that I would eat butter or slurp olive oil from the bottle." Nayeon cheerfully interrupted. Everyone just stared at her before they ignored her.

Jennie was distracted as well. She heard a familiar voice from the other side of the room and was fixated on it. Her eyes scanned the area and there she saw Kai.

Her eyes narrowed on the object in his hands. He was subtly holding a phone down while talking to a girl and she was sure he was filming something he shouldn't, again.

"Never have I ever been a pervert who spies on people..." Jennie mumbled under her breath before marching over there.

"Does it count if it's on celebrities?" Jungkook asked after Jennie walked away. "Because I did take pictures of a singer once."

Jisoo shrugged and went after Jennie. She looked quite mad and she only understood why when the brunette snatched Kai's phone, drowned it into her beer cup and started to argue with him.

"Filming without consent again?! I can't believe you haven't learned your lesson!" Jennie shot a fierce look at Kai.

"Geez, chill. I already deleted your pink panty shots. I promise." Kai rolled his eyes, visibly annoyed after Jennie's tantrum made the girl leave.

Kai's flippant remark continued to hang in the air, leaving a bitter taste in her mouth that was fuel to her anger.

Jisoo was about to intervene but Jennie already raised her fist, meeting his jaw. Kai dramatically screamed and tossed himself to the ground.

His limbs were flailing as if he took a knockout blow in a wrestling match. He clutched his jaw and cried out loud enough to overshadow the music, grabbing the attention of everyone present

"Oh my god! Can you be more dramatic?" Jennie groaned. "You're acting like I just hit you with a wrecking ball."

"The pain of this unprovoked assault! Someone call the police and put this violent monster behind bars!" Kai didn't listen, he was still sprawled on the floor, turning around in agony.

Jisoo bent down and grasped his shoulders firmly, forcing him to stop tossing and turning.

"Mess with Jennie and you'll have more than a bruised jaw to worry about." The raven spoke in a low, threatening tone. "She's kind anyway; she didn't hit you where it hurts."

Her grip tightened briefly before releasing him, leaving Kai wide-eyed and silent.

Thereafter Jisoo went back to the brunette and gently held her hand. "I guess it's time to go home." She said, a reassuring warmth in her touch.

Jennie nodded, casting the writhing man another glance before leaving him behind.

"Some people never learn..." Jennie scoffed, breathing in the cold night air that helped her relax.

"Well, I heard his dad punished him but I guess that wasn't enough for him to stop." Jisoo then smiled mischievously. "Maybe we should just tell his dad."

Jennie chuckled. "Yeah, that might be something worth seeing." She said, a sly grin forming.

The two stumbled through the streets, balancing each other. They hailed a cab to take them home.

They settled into the back seat, exchanging sleepy smiles. Jennie started to doze off and slowly leaned her head against Jisoo's shoulder.

When the cab turned a corner, she stirred slightly, her eyelids fluttering open. "Are we almost home?" She murmured, still half-asleep.

"Yeah, almost there." Jisoo whispered and brushed a strand of hair away from Jennie's face.

When the cab slowed to a stop, Jisoo gently nudged Jennie, coaxing her to get up.

"We're home, sleepyhead." She whispered.

Jennie groggily blinked her eyes open. They paid the cab fare and stepped out of the cab.

Jisoo draped her arm around Jennie, the latter still seemed like she wasn't fully awake.

She halted in surprise as Jennie came to a sudden stop. Before she could ask what was wrong, she felt a gentle pressure against her shoulder. Turning around, she found Jennie's arms wrapped around her waist and the sound of snoring reached her ears.

"You are not serious..." The raven chuckled under her breath as the other somehow managed to fall asleep in the midst of walking.

Jisoo tapped Jennie's shoulder, trying to bring her back to some level of awareness.

"Hey, mandu, wake up again." When there was no response, Jisoo couldn't suppress a small laugh. "All right then, piggyback it is."

Jisoo carefully slid one arm under Jennie's legs and the other behind her back. Slowly, she began to lift her.

She was unexpectedly light on her back and her arms instinctively tightened around Jisoo's neck as she let out a content sigh, still in the midst of a deep slumber.

She managed to open the door to her apartment without a sound, still amazed at how Jennie remained completely unaware of her surroundings.

Carefully lowering Jennie onto her bed, Jisoo grinned at her. "Such a heavy sleeper... I hope that dream you are having is good, at least." She whispered, patting her head.

In what was most likely a response to the touch, Jennie nuzzled into the blanket and smiled easily.

With a final glance at the peacefully sleeping Jennie, she tiptoed out of the room.

Back in the living room, Jisoo settled onto the couch, still grinning.