▪︎25▪︎

"What do you think about going to an arcade?" Jisoo suggested, taking the last bite of her ice cream.

"Never been to one." Jennie shrugged, wiping her mouth. "If you think it's fun."

"Definitely." Jisoo assured her with a confident smile, signaling their departure from the ice cream parlour. As Jennie excused herself to use the restroom, Jisoo decided to wait, passing the time by playing games on her phone.

A guy approached and asked if he could take the seat next to her, to which Jisoo agreed since she was about to leave anyway. Their conversation started when he noticed the game on her phone.

"MapleStory? I used to play that game when I was younger. Brings back memories." The guy initiated.

"Cool." Jisoo responded casually, engrossed in her game.

"Are you waiting for someone?" He inquired, attempting to keep the conversation flowing.

Jisoo nodded her head. "Yes, you?"

"Yeah, first date. We got in touch through a dating app." He sounded nervous, yet excited. He probably needed the talk to ease his nerves. "And your date?"

"Mine is in the restroom. We are going somewhere else when she returns." Jisoo explained.

"Oh." The boy hummed, freezing for a moment. "How long have you been waiting?"

"Like forty minutes." Jisoo checked the time. "Why do you ask?"

He hesitated, then revealed, "It's just... I had dates before, and if they excused themselves to the restroom and didn't return... then..."

"Are you saying she climbed through the window and ditched me?" Jisoo laughed at the absurd thought. But as her laughter subsided, a hint of worry crossed her face. Great, now she was worried.

Jennie wouldn't do that, would she? Maybe she was lactose intolerant, which could explain why she wasn't done yet. Jisoo quickly messaged Nayeon to confirm her theory, only to find out that Jennie had no problem digesting milk.

Okay, next theory: She's stuck in the toilet. Jisoo envisioned a scenario where poor Jennie slipped and couldn't get out, too embarrassed to call for help.

Determined to be her saviour, Jisoo got up. The advantage of dating a girl was that she could go to the same toilet and help her out if she was stuck.

Entering the restroom, she looked around. A blonde woman in a fur coat was washing her hands, and no one else was present. The woman left after a quick glance in the mirror.

Jisoo walked around and checked the stalls. Two were locked, raising the possibility that Jennie might be in one of them. But with an open window, she entertained the thought that she might have actually ditched her.

She knocked on the first toilet. "Jennie? Are you in there? It's okay if you are stuck in the toilet, I can help you get out." No response other than total silence. The person was most likely not Jennie and freaked out.

Trying her luck with the next stall, on the other side of the room, Jisoo knocked once and the door opened before she said anything.

"Don't say my name that loud..." Jennie whispered to her, locking the door after she pulled Jisoo in.

"Sorry." Jisoo answered more quietly. "Are we hiding from someone?"

Jennie nodded. "I saw my parents, I don't want them to see me..."

"Your parents...." Jisoo echoed, trying to think of a picture but she had never seen them before. Then she remembered something. "Ah, you said you ran away from home, right?"