▪︎30▪︎

Jennie walked towards the exit of the zoo, the warm glow of the setting sun cast long shadows across the sidewalk.

Her mind was still racing from her conversation with Jisoo and the shocking revelations.

She didn't know what to think anymore. Was she just overreacting or was her anger justified? It wasn't just that she was hurt and all the things Jisoo did to her flashed in her mind but her pride was also a bit hurt. She must look like a real fool to their friends. Did they laugh behind their backs and have fun while she and Jisoo fell right into their trap?

She groaned and pulled on her hair in frustration. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice the dark figure trailing her until it was too late. Before she could react, strong arms wrapped around her, pulling her into a nearby alleyway. She tried to scream, but a hand clamped over her mouth, stifling any sound. Not again!

Panic surged through her as she struggled against her attacker, but they were too strong. With a swift motion, they injected something into her arm, and the world began to spin. Her vision blurred, and her limbs grew heavy as darkness closed in around her.

When she regained consciousness, she found herself tied up on a chair in what looked like an abandoned warehouse. Her hands were bound behind her back and her mouth gagged with a strip of cloth. Frantically she looked around, trying to think of a way out.

Footsteps echoed through the empty space, and a figure emerged from the shadows. It was a blonde man, tall and imposing, with a smirk on his lips, as well as two masked men.

"We did it, Mr Dong." One of them grinned, informing what must have been his boss.

"Yes, good job, both of you. You may leave." Mr. Dong commanded, making them disappear. Next he sneered and walked towards her.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Looks like we got a big catch."

Jennie's heart pounded in her chest as the man came closer and yanked the cloth from her mouth, making her catch for breath.

"What do you want from me?!" She glared at him, trying to break free to no avail. "And if you want to say money," (By the way he closed his mouth, she knew she was right). "Then I must disappoint you, I don't have any!"

He burst out into laughter, irritating her further. "Are you kidding?? You are loaded and your father owes me so much! Did you know that I funded his company? He promised to pay me back but never--"

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that but like I said, I'm going to disappoint you." She repeated, interrupting him. "I'm broke and he hates me."

"Oh please, you are his daughter. He's bound to give me a hefty ransom for your safety." Mr. Dong snorted.

Jennie shook her head, sighing as she gave up trying to reason with him. He would find out anyway.

Mr. Dong took a picture of her current state and sent it to his former friend. Then he called him. He picked up after the fifth call.

"Hey, Jiyong! It's me Taeyang! I got your daughter!" He laughed like a comic book villain, smirking to himself.

Suddenly his arrogance was wiped from his face and his brows furrowed together in confusion.

"What do you mean what daughter? You only have one daughter." Taeyang frowned. He looked at Jennie and asked for her name, she responded curtly. "Your daughter Jennie."

"What do you mean you don't remember anyone named that!? I sent you a picture of her! Just look at it!" Taeyang yelled into the phone. "If you think I'm joking, then you are wrong! Give me what you owe me or I will hurt her!"