▪︎16▪︎

Jennie was feeling terrible about suspecting Jisoo for leaking her photos. She wanted to apologise but every time she tried to say sorry, it only made things worse.

"Hey, Jisoo, can we talk for a minute?" Jennie asked nervously.

"Sure, what's up?" Jisoo looked up from her lunch, arching an eyebrow.

"I just wanted to say sorry for accusing you of leaking my photos. I'm really sorry. I just… I was so upset and hurt about the mere thought of you… I don't know, just pretending to be my friend and then going back at me or something… And then you even searched for the real culprit even though you didn't have to. I'm so sorry for not believing you."

As Jennie ranted out her apology to Jisoo, her eyes grew wide and her lower lip quivered slightly, giving her the appearance of a scared puppy. Her hands fidgeted nervously with the hem of her shirt and she shifted her weight from foot to foot, unable to stand still.

"It's fine. I don't really care that much." Jisoo just shrugged.

Jennie felt her stomach twist at Jisoo's lack of response. She had been mustering up the  courage to talk to her for days, trying to make it sincere and heartfelt. But it seemed like Jisoo didn't even care. Jennie had to try harder.

"No, it's not fine. I feel terrible for accusing you like that. I should have trusted you."

"Should you have? I mean, let's be real here. I've said and done some pretty shitty things to you in the past, so you had every reason to suspect me. I mean, remember that one time we had a sleepover in secondary school, when I pretended to be a ghost and scared you in the bathroom?"

"That was no real ghost? It was you…?" Jennie blinked.

"Duh. Anyway, my point is, you didn't suspect me for no reason. I had it coming."

"Honestly Jisoo, the biggest reason I had for not trusting you was the fact that you uploaded my old pics before." Jennie reminded. "You stole them from my iCloud."

Jisoo suddenly turned really quiet. She looked down at her tray and continued eating, stuffing her mouth full. Jennie was perplexed. Did she just ignore her?

"Um…" Jennie cleared her throat. "Did I say something wrong?"

Jisoo was acting really awkward suddenly when she was all nonchalant before.

"Tell her." Lisa nudged the raven, sitting the whole time beside her as she also only tried to have her lunch.

"Tell me what?" Jennie crossed her arms. "Tell me, Kim Jisoo." She commanded.

The raven let go of her fork and knife and lifted her head. Her cheeks were splashed with a red colour, surprising the brunette. Was she embarrassed?

"I didn't steal those pictures…" She scratched her neck, letting out a sigh. "I took them myself."

Jennie's eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected confession. "You took pictures of me-"

"Anyway, apology accepted. Bye." She said hurriedly, grabbing her tray to run away.

Jennie watched her leave. That's right Jisoo had a crush on her. But even back when they were still kids? Wow, Jennie had no idea.

"Wait!" Jennie went after her, grabbing her arm.

"What…?" Jisoo stood still, lowering her blushing cheeks.

"Can I buy you an Iced Americano…?" Jennie asked carefully, taking the other visibly aback. "As apology? I know you like them, you always drink them before classes, so…"