Chapter Fifty Six ~ November

"Becky! Are you going to take much longer?" Ellis' voice echoes around the room from the bottom of the stairs as he bellows through the house.

Rolling my eyes, I ignore him and look at Savannah. "It's a good job that Daisy is staying with Brett's mom tonight." She just giggles in response. "How do I look?"

Savannah nods her head in approval before saying, "Absolutely gorgeous. That dress is perfect for you."

Turning to the mirror behind me, I look at the tight, bodycon, purple dress I've made. A few streaks of gold glitter have been laced throughout, an asymmetrical neckline cuts down to my cleavage. I've left my black hair straight, flowing down my back to my waist. It's the shortest I've had it since I was twenty, but I love it. Gold stilettos adorn my feet, a gold clutch to match, golden earrings from Ellis finishing the look.

"It is, isn't it?" I smile cheekily, agreeing with Savannah.

She pouts back at me. "Are you sure this dress isn't too tight on me? I haven't exactly lost the baby weight yet." She fidgets with the blue material.

"Shut your fucking mouth," I reply, shaking my head. "You can't even tell you had a baby."

"I don't—"

"And even if you can, then wear it with fucking pride." I grin. "I sure know I will. Fucking pushing a whole human out of your damn vag—"

"Did you just talk about having kids?" Savannah squeals.

I grit my teeth, rolling my eyes and shaking my head. "Don't be silly—"

"I heard it!" Savannah claps her hands together. "It's going to happen!"

"I heard it too." Zara suddenly slips into the room, grinning from ear to ear in a little red dress.

"Will you both just shut up?" I moan, sinking onto the bed.

"Never," Savannah replies. "We're going to be baby mamas together."

"Not for a long while," I retort. "You'll have better luck with Zara."

Zara cocks an eyebrow before shrugging. "Missy and I plan to travel for at least another five years before we go down that road."

"Fair enough," Savannah replies, grinning.

"How come that's fair enough for her, but not for me?" I exclaim.

"Because, you just slipped up and admitted you want them."

"So?"

"I'm taking anything, whenever I can get it!" Sav exclaims. "I'm the youngest of us to have one."

"Don't forget Georgia," Zara pipes up with an amused grin.

I roll my eyes, groaning and standing up from the bed. "I've been trying to forget her for nine years."

"Are we ready?" Elena and Missy suddenly appear in the doorway, poking their heads inside and smiling at us. "The boys are already doing shots."

"Doesn't surprise me," Savannah moans, grabbing her blue purse from the middle of the bed and looping her arm around Elena. "We should stop them before it's too late."

"Why?" I scoff, following them out the room. "It sounds like the best plan in the damn world to me."

*~*~*

The music is blaring around the limousine, the sight so cliché, so tacky, so brilliant that I'm laughing constantly, glass of prosecco in hand as Savannah sings beside me. The boys have cracked open bottles of beer for the journey, Zara joining them while the rest of us opt for something else.