Chapter Sixteen ~ April

August ~ 2022

My eyes are screwed shut, the pounding in my head absolutely ruining me. Where am I?

I can't move my arms, instead forcing my eyes open and blinking furiously at the bright light, the ache in my skull only heightening, pressure in my head building, desperate for a release.

Eventually, I manage to focus my eyes, the blurred images clearing, picking out the unfamiliar poster on the wall, the strange wooden walls, the rickety, old window. What the fuck?

Grimacing, I move my arms underneath me, sitting up, eyes narrowed to slits to avoid as much pain as possible. I glance down, shocked to find myself on a brown colored duvet, someone else's bed. Oh, hell.

I'm clothed, but it's only now that I remember my decision to go out without any underwear on, the tight dress having given me bad lines.

I remember... walking into the party, grabbing a few shots... and then it's all a little hazy. Flashes pour through my mind; dancing on the table, making out with a guy, downing three pints at once, body shots, hanging off of two guys' arms.

I haven't been this out of control... ever.

A slight shift from beside me makes me jump, eyes wide as I turn to look beside me, a guy's head poking out from under the duvet. Holy shit!

Throwing my legs over the side of the bed I stand up, wobbling slightly, spotting my phone, thrown onto the dresser. Why the fuck did I take that out of my bra? Did someone else?

I can't bear to think about it for a second longer, swiftly grabbing it and pulling my dress as far down my legs as I can before stepping closer to the door.

A groan sounds out and I glance back, mouth dropping open when I take note of two other people curled up at the foot of the bed, men who I don't remember, my hand covering my mouth at the sight, trying to contain the sobs. What happened last night? What did I let them do? Why don't I remember?

Turning the handle, I slip out of the door, almost legging it to the stairs, not caring that I've lost the Dior heels that Haydon gave me for my birthday. My bare feet hurt on the piles of trash from the party, attempting to ignore it as I launch myself out of the front door.

I barely get ten steps before I throw myself behind a bush, doubling over and vomiting, heaving out everything in my stomach as cries wrack my body, sinking down to my knees as I shake.

What's happened to me? I've been staying at a hotel for the last two weeks, distracting myself with parties, distancing myself from the happy Sav and Brett, Haydon and his new girlfriend Grace. I needed time to myself, but now... I've gone one step too far.

Managing to unlock my phone, I swipe at my eyes as I click onto my contacts, scrolling to find the one name I'm looking for, eyebrows furrowing as I don't find it.

Where is he? I need to talk to him, I need to hear his voice... Ellis.

He's all I can think of, desperate for his words to soothe me, remind me that I'll be okay.

But he's not here, I can't find him...

Reality hits me like a tonne of bricks. I deleted his number. He chose someone else and I threw him out of my life.

I drop my phone back to the grass beside me, hand clutching at my chest as I attempt to stop sobbing, struggling to catch my breath as various scenarios of what happened last night play on a loop.