Chapter Three - March

Only two nights later I find myself back at the same bar, a straw between my lips as I drink the glass of white wine, not willing to lose my lipstick to the rim of the glass.

Sav was supposed to come out with me tonight, yet she found herself bed-bound with nausea. I tucked her in bed and popped on Gossip Girl, grabbing her some snacks before she promptly fell asleep. Knowing that was it for the night, I shut her bedroom door and wandered back towards the kitchen, stopping to glance out of our large airy window and down at the street below, watching the numerous people dressed up to the nines on their Friday night.

I couldn't stop Ellis from slipping into my mind, the devious bastard sliding in there like a fucking snake looking for it's prey. I wonder if he goes out every night or whether he stays in Brett's apartment with Clare. Wait, why would he even still be at Brett's? He was only visiting...

Wiping my hands down my face I cursed before slamming the palm of my hand against the glass in frustration. What am I doing? I'm Becky Gordon, and it has been nearly a week since I had sex with dreary Richard. I have no idea what's happening to me, but I'll be damned if I let it continue for a moment longer.

With that, I dolled myself up, pulling a T-Shirt dress on, pairing it with a set of knee-high boots before striding out of the apartment and making a beeline to the bar.

The wine is flowing down my throat nicely, the same bartender serving as the other night, his eyes lighting up just like last time I rocked up. My attempts to survey the room have been relatively futile this evening, numerous couples taking up the tables, barely a single looking man in sight. I may be after some good old D, but I'm hardly going to take it from another V. I guess that's one of my principles that Ellis was on about...

Tilting my head back I drain my glass, annoyed by the fact that I'm thinking of Ellis again. To be honest though I did the same thing last year when I met Luke, one of the models from Tommy Ross. He managed to resist me for over a month, driving me absolutely insane with lust, the chase only making me more determined with every second. It worked in the end, us not leaving the bed for a whole weekend before he flew back to Florida and I moved on with my life.

Ellis keeps popping up in my life, yet I haven't had sex with him. It's a strange concept, one that clearly my body can't comprehend. How do I fix this? Maybe I need to invest in some male friends - no sex, just friendship.

I wrinkle my nose up at the thought. As if I'd ever be able to manage that.

"Another?" the bartender asks and I nod, giving him a smile before he turns away to pour me a new glass. I take in his adequate muscles, his highlighted hair and his Roman shaped nose, a plan forming in my head faster than he can place the lid back on the bottle.

"That grin makes it look like you're planning something," a familiar voice calls out, my smile instantly dropping as Ellis slides onto the stool next to me. "Oh!" He takes in my expression, "You were!"

"Goodbye," I mutter as the bartender hands over my drink.

"But I just got here!"

"And now you're leaving," I retort, Ellis shaking his head.

"I want to know what you were plotting."

"Nothing."

"I'm not leaving here until you..."

"That'll be eight dollars," the bartender says and I nod, handing him my card.

"Oh!" Ellis smirks. "You were planning him!"

"Shut up!" I snap as he laughs, the bartender's cheeks reddening before he turns to head towards the other customers. "Do you realize that's the second time you've cock-blocked me in a week?"