Chapter Seven ~ March

"No, Haydon, I don't think you should keep working for Bizzares if you don't enjoy it," I mutter down the phone at my brother as I grab my door key from the side. "I'll see you later, Sav!" I call out, my best friend poking her head out of her room and giving me a grin.

"Have fun!" she replies and I nod, yanking the door open and letting myself out of the apartment.

"Plus, their magazine is shit." I scoff.

"You know they aren't my favorite media company either," Haydon retorts. "But I have to pay the bills somehow."

"Why don't you just start going for interviews elsewhere?" I suggest. "See what's around?"

"I considered it," my brother replies. "But I don't have the ability to take time off to meet with anyone."

"Haydon, they're going to work you into the damn ground!"

"I'm fine, Bec..."

"Don't lie to me!" I reply. "I know when you're lying."

"Stop worrying."

"I can't." I scoff. "Sadly that's what comes with the sister territory." I push the door of the apartment block open and step outside.

"How are your designs coming along?" he asks, effectively changing the subject.

"The same as they were when we went to lunch the other day," I retort.

"It'll come to you, Becs. You're talented."

"We'll see," I mutter, not sure that I have the same level of confidence in myself that everyone else seems to have.

"I've got to go," Haydon replies. "I just reached work."

"Have a good day," I say and he laughs.

"I can't wait until Friday."

"You say that every single day." I laugh before hanging up, tossing my phone in my bag before turning to head towards the gym. Over the last week I've spent more time there, actually using the equipment instead of going for the sex that I usually easily find.

The consistent tearing up of my sketches every single night is beginning to take its toll on me, sleepless nights and stress filling my head at all hours of the day. The gym has been my only successful distraction, an area to escape from the moment Savannah leaves the house to go to work.

I'm starting to wonder whether I should give up on my dream of becoming a fashion designer. It's been this long already, maybe I'm just not destined for the glamorous life. I should find another job before my money runs out and I can't afford to live in the apartment with Sav anymore.

"Becky?" A sudden call of my name has me turning around in the street, eyes falling on someone I never wanted to see ever again.

"Eric." I spit out through gritted teeth at my old boss, the one Savannah still works for. He never liked me, hated it when I would speak up against him. I couldn't help myself; everyone knows that fluorescent pink with green dots is a sight for sore eyes.

"Fancy seeing you here, I would have thought you would have left the city by now," Eric replies. "You know, considering you don't have a job."

"I live with Savannah. You know that."

"So, she is paying your bills for you?"

"Fuck off!" I snap. "No she isn't."

"I'm surprised we haven't seen you at Tommy Ross, begging for your job back."

"Even if I was living on the streets I wouldn't ask to come back."

"I'm sure it'll happen." Eric smirks.